The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance Did Not Proc

Valimure
Valimure Member Posts: 83
edited September 17 in Bug Reporting

Platform: PC

Description: Adam Francis was hooked once at the beginning of the match on a normal hook, as the down was quite quick and I didn't want to waste a stack of Pain Res. Upon downing and picking him the second time he used Decisive Strike, after which I downed him again and put him on a white Scourge Hook. Pain Res failed to proc. A token was not consumed, and no generator damage occurred. I thought this might be because a generator had just been completed and no generators had progress, but upon moving just a few meters away I discovered a generator at around 75% completion that should have procced Pain Res. When I hooked him for the third time Pain Resonance successfully proc'd, despite the fact that it clearly should have on the second hook.

My Loadout: Dredge, Sacrificial Knife and Field Recorder Add-ons, Putrid Oak Offering, Lightborn Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance Coup de Grace and Deadlock for Perks.

Adam's Loadout: Common Med Kit, Rare Bandages + Thread Add-ons, Bound Envelope Offering. Sprint Burst, Deja Vu, Unbreakable, Decisive Strike for Perks.

2 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,697

Had that 75% gen been blocked by Deadlock at the moment you hooked him on the scourge hook? If that gen was blocked and no other gen had any progress then Pain Resonance will not trigger (since it can't hit the blocked gen and therefore there's nothing available for it to damage).

• Valimure
    Valimure Member Posts: 83
    edited September 17

Nope, another gen across the map was currently blocked.

I'm wondering if the reverse happened, because the "highest" gen was blocked it just didn't proc Pain Res at all instead of it applying to the next one.

Think I'm gonna swap out for Pop as a precaution.