Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A little disappointed that items and addons aren't randomized in Chaos Shuffle

MrMori
MrMori Member Posts: 1,453
edited September 26 in Feedback and Suggestions

Offerings are good I guess so I can bring BP but still, would be a nice change of pace. I guess they didn't want to change it since it was so well received last time.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

I’m down for randomized cosmetics as well, completely randomized pants, shirts, weapons, and heads, or even landing on sets. Not sure if that’d be possible with licensed characters though

• smokinggosling
    smokinggosling Member Posts: 55

yeah im a little disappointed too :( i was hoping they'd at least randomize items and addons, even if they excluded some of them it would've been cool to see. im still glad it's back, its just the same as last time...except the perks are currently bugged to only be tier 1...so that's new i guess

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 829

If a Myers doesn't run the risk of tier 3 addons +Scratch Mirror then it's not true Chaos, I say.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 844

They should randomise EVERYTHING. Perks, addons, items and offerings. It's so close to being perfect and it would be with just that one little change.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,178

I'm all for this. I do this in my normal games anyway, and it's so fun finding out the benefots certain items give, which are often underestimated by others.

Maybe in the next iteration they'll do this.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,538

Yeah, items and add-ons should be randomized.

• Jacknalls_Paw
    Jacknalls_Paw Member Posts: 135

This ‘problem’ was already there in the first version of this modifier and was immediately brought to light, quite disappointed that after 7 months they did not decide to take it into consideration.

• DeBecker
    DeBecker Member Posts: 98

Cause they never really take feedback serious enough to make better changes.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 963
    edited September 26

I share your disappointment. The appeal of Chaos Shuffle is that we see many perks we usually don't instead of the same meta builds we see everyday… but add-ons, items and offerings can still be picked normally, so everyone decides to tryhard trough that instead. It kind of contradicts the point. Last time I kept seeing killers with the strongest add-ons and survivors who brought styptics, syringes and BNPs everygame, the same thing is repeating itself now.

Also, thanks to this, the perks are randomized and the maps aren't always, because people can still bring map offerings. That's silly. Items and add-ons should be randomized, offerings should be randomized between the ones that affect gameplay (survivor spawn, hatch spawn, number of chests, distance between hooks, thickening the dark mist and moris), and everyone should get a bloodpoint bonus between 200-400% while playing this mode to compensate for the lack of bloodpoint offerings, that would fix this mode.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,280

Yeah it should be 100% randomized. Items, Add ons, Perks, NO MAP OFFERINGS! Even survivors and killers you play should be randomized. I would love to be "forced" to play killers i never touch… like Bubba.

Hopefully next time we see this gamemode it will be actually fully random.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,896

Eh certain meme addons are so miserable to use to the point where its not worth it.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209
    edited September 26

Some killers could be pretty annoying to play this way, but it might work out ok.

But only if add ons aren't spent when used. It sucks having to grind out some of the rarer add ons and to have your small stock of them used up by chaos shuffle would be a pain in the ass.

Offerings probably shouldn't be random, unless we go with no offerings at all and give everyone a default +200% BP bonus on top of the role incentive.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 877

My idea is that it all should be random: perks, add-ons, items.

Few exceptions to this could be:

• Meme add-ons (the ones which nerf you for a bloodpoint bonus)

• Predator for killers and No Mither for survivors. Both are essencially hard-mode perks.

And of course, every offering except the bloodpoint ones should be disabled.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,674

Randomized addons would just be a large nerf to killers, because many killer addons are barely noticeable, or can actually make the killer worse.

There’s also the fact that many survivors don’t bring any items or addons, so randomized items and addons is just giving them free stuff. Meanwhile, it’s very rare to see a killer use zero addons.

• MrMori
    edited September 26

In my experience, survivors are bringing medkits with syringes and other strong item+addon combos every match. I don't know where you're getting that people aren't bringing items, that hasn't been the case in my matches in the mode and it's all I've played since it released.

You're right about killer addons being a nerf to killer, especially since there are some killers that are quite addon reliant, and not being able to bring them would be sad. Also meme addons like you mention, like the one that makes billy not instadown, etc. But at the same time, survivors not being able to bring their strongest items every match would counteract that.

I think that added randomness on both sides would quite fun. I wouldn't mind sometimes getting a terrible addon combo, because other times I'd get a really strong one. And sometimes the survivors get strong items, other times they get something terrible like a map. I'd rather have that randomness than what I'm getting with meta items and addons on both sides.

• MrMori
    edited September 26

Yeah, addons you'd get would have to be free for sure. And I was hoping we'd have offerings, but only BP offerings too, so people wouldn't just bring map offerings, because the whole point is for everything to be as random as possible. It would also be really cool to have a "random killer" option that you could choose which gave a BP bonus on top. I wonder if they can tweak any of this now that the mode is out but probably not. I hope they change these things for next time if this mode returns again in the future.

• Coffeecrashing

There are some killers that I think need specific addons to be playable, but there are zero survivors that I think need specific addons to be playable.

Addons are way more important to killers than they are to survivors. Random addons would not be “fun for both sides”.

• Sensetize94
    Sensetize94 Member Posts: 34

I agree, we wanna see less sweaty items/addons from killers and survivors, and also basekit DS/OTR is needed too much tunneling

• MrMori
    edited September 26

Think we gotta agree to disagree. BHVR have been doing a solid job making many killers less addon reliable, like Bubba, Deathslinger, Doctor, Dredge, and so many more just in the last year. I think the randomized items and addons for both sides on average would be perfectly fine balance wise overall, because while you may not get the best addons on killer, you're not going to be going up against strong items every game either.

• Coffeecrashing

I won’t agree to disagree. I think you’re objectively wrong.

There are too many killer addons that either make the killer worse, or are literally so undertuned that they might as well not be there. And some killers are just super clunky and unfun, unless they have specific addons.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 618

I can't see randomized items and add-ons working out. Idk about anyone else, but if I randomly start with a flashlight, I'm immediately putting it down and looking for a medkit in a chest.

• MrMori
    edited September 27

What people find fun is not objective, it's subjective. Some people will laugh and play a terrible killer addon and have fun with it. Why do you think people do challenges instead of just playing with the best build or loadout? That's the whole appeal of chaos shuffle. Why do you play chaos shuffle? I play it to get to play a match where everyone isn't bringing the same thing on both sides. That's the appeal. Nothing objective about it, it's about fun.

It would objectively be less balanced, but like I'm trying to say, the fun part of chaos shuffle is the randomness of the builds. I don't know how that can be twisted as being objectively wrong, that's a subjective opinion on why the gamemode is fun. Plenty of people in the thread agree with me.

Also, why are you focusing on killers only? By items and addons being random I mean a survivor can spawn with a key with two duration addons but no aura reading addon, aka a useless item. Or a super kitted out medkit. Or anything inbetween. Likewise for killer. So for every awful killer addon combos you get, there may be a survivor or two that got terrible items with terrible addons too, it evens out. And I disagree that killers are as addon reliant as you say, I often play with brown or no addons to practice and it feels just fine.

• Coffeecrashing

There aren't any items or addons that make survivors feel clunky or unfun to play. And there aren't any items or addons that are such a huge boost to quality of life, that survivors feel awful to play if they don't have it.

That is why I'm focusing on killers. If a survivor gets the worst item in the game with the worst addons, it doesn't make the survivor feel chunky or unfun to play. It's not like the game is giving them cursed items, that can't be dropped, that are inflicting random nerfs they are stuck with the entire game.

In fact, the only way randomized addons would be fair, is if survivors could randomly get cursed items, that can't be dropped, that inflict random nerfs on them the entire game.

• MrMori

That's fair. Some people mentioned that maybe they could randomize everything but manually exclude the detrimental addons for killers, but I don't think BHVR would bother with a solution like that.