Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

EAC bugged after Castlevania update

13»

Comments

• cheemsburgers
    cheemsburgers Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 13

Another update today and it is still not working. 3 weeks and no fix. Embarrassing.

• Witchu
    Witchu Member Posts: 23

I'm losing hope :(

• kianhidayat
    kianhidayat Member Posts: 2

guys, i found a fix. after 6 hours of finding a solution. (well it works for me).

following the steps below should resolve this issue.

1. open the C:\Program Files(x86) folder, find the EasyAntiCheat_EOS folder and delete it.
    2. on your keyboard, press Windows and R. A window will open, type regedit into it and press Enter.
    3. right-click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and select find.
    4. enter EasyAntiCheat_EOS into the field and click on Find next.
    5. right-click on the EasyAntiCheat_EOS folder and select delete. Then confirm the deletion.

and try to restart your router (trust me). it works for me doesn't mean it works for you, i'm just sharing my solution

• Witchu

Did not work for me.

SIGH. After playing this game for 8 years and giving it so much money, they can't even give us a simple message to let us know they're working on it. I think I'm going to stop checking the forums, reddit and steam and I'll hope that one day I reinstall DBD again and it works. But the silence from the devs gives me no hope I'll get to keep playing my favorite game.

• cheemsburgers

Yeah, same here.

After a three year hiatus, I just wanted to play with my buddies who recently got the game. I guess won't be doing that because BHVR doesn't know testing exists.

• jigglynutss
    jigglynutss Member Posts: 6
    edited September 19

I've been getting EAC Error Code 3 for a week now, every hour I continuously have to restart my game. Which means obviously I cannot stream my game without having to reset every hour. Don't know how I've got this error just got kicked one night from getting out of a killer game. I have done EVERYTHING myself and nothing has worked. I attempted to open up the EAC setup and it immediately closes right as I do. Hoping I can get a fix on this soon! Please someone keep me updated. Didn't know if the recent Castlevania update had anything to do with it?

• kianhidayat
    kianhidayat Member Posts: 2

maybe you can try download a game called "VR Chat" on Steam, cause the game is using the same EAC as DBD, see if the game works fine. i did that before and it works

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 876
    edited September 20

I'm having easy anti cheat woes on PC as well. Never had any problems before Castlevania. And it takes a long time to even boot up the game now.

I'll be playing on Switch until this is sorted out, because I'm too afraid to try booting it up again incase I get perma locked out of my account.

• jigglynutss

Don't worry man, I am getting the same error as well. I can still log in and play the game but I think EAC is having a freakout/bug problem going on. You're not alone.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 743

It's telling of how broken a game is when being randomly perma-locked from your account after a bug is a legitimate concern.

• cheemsburgers

I also cannot load VR Chat either. Exact same issue with being stuck on initializing forever.

• cheemsburgers

EAC is utter garbage.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,552

I wonder if this is in any way connected with the new long loading times at the start of the game.

They don´t acknoledge it but there are some reports of some kinf of RAM/HDD overflow that came with the update.

• Arizon
    Arizon Member Posts: 1

I've been trying to fix this for hours but i found something that worked for me.

It was uninstalling the game and reinstalling it on my SSD.

So, if you're having this issue and your game is on your HDD. Try installing it on your SSD because it worked for me.

I did every fix listed on here but nothing worked until this. This fix worked for me, doesn't mean it will work for you.

Good Luck!

• PROTO_ZEUS
    PROTO_ZEUS Member Posts: 1

Okay, I scrounged around for my forums account password for hours just to leave this. Since this patch I too was having a crazy range of crashes and issues with EAC where before things had been absolutely fine for the eight years I've played this game.

For those with EAC issues on Steam, what worked for me was to allow EAC and EAC_EOS folders in progam files, the same place you find your steam folder, as exceptions in your fire wall. I just have standard windows defender. go into the EAC_EOS folder and delete the file that ends with .sys, restart your pc, and open your game (mindful it may take alot longer than before to launch, mine has atleast, but it does launch). For me, since this patch, I've gotten two successful launches with this fix so far, I only figured it out a day ago, so I'm hoping this might help someone else.

• jigglynutss

Definitely gonna try this soon, it's crazy that everyone's having some sort of eac issue. I can't even launch the set up cause it instantly closes. But I will attempt to do this! I'll let you know what happens from there.

• cheemsburgers

Gonna try this now. I have even tried disabling Hardware Virtualisation in the BIOS which did not work.

• cheemsburgers
    edited September 24

Yeah, no, I give up. This is beyond a joke. A whole month of being locked out of a game I paid for.

Don't update your anticheat client at the last minute before a big DLC release.

EAC is glorified malware. It does not work and hurts your player base. But hey, I guess I can't cheat if I cannot even launch the fooking game in the first place.

• Witchu

Came here to say I'm sad cause I never got to try chaos shuffle and now it's out again and I can't play :(

• Seraphin
    Seraphin Member Posts: 4
    edited September 25

Hello !

Can we have any update please ?

Thanks !

• LadyA
    LadyA Member Posts: 7

It's so ironic that I can load up the game just fine a few days ago, only for this problem to arise last night. And I didnt even do anything on my laptop to warrant this problem. Other games that also uses EAC EOS can load up just fine, its only DBD that has this problem.

And its double ironic that the game loads just fine on STEAM DECK. It's been almost a month, you have time to push out cosmetics and all that stuff but cant find the time to fix this problem???

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,642

Everyone still receiving the EAC instantiation issue, can you please help by following these steps and providing the logs?

• Launch EAC
    • If it asks if you want to make changes to the system, please say "Yes"
    • If you receive an error message, please screenshot.
    • If the game closes, please get the following:
      • Press Win+R
      • Type in appdata
      • Press OK
      • In opened window navigate to: \Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs
      • Save the DeadByDaylight.log file to upload here
      • Add the file to your bug report
      • and
      • %appdata%\EasyAntiCheat\2b2299be8ae84d679d4dc57c55af1510\e5c7f466abde4f7ba13c2ffc71a1efc1\anticheatlauncher.log
      • ^add this log to the report as well

It's important to follow these steps so the issue can be reproduced. Extraneous logs or screenshots not related, or logs that don't follow these steps, will get confusing. Please only add those logs to this thread. Thank you!

• LadyA

On another note, I just realised that I dont usually get the prompt to allow EAC to make changes to my computer when I start up DBD (it usually just launches the game when i click play in steam).

The EAC prompt only started appearing when this error is happening.

• cheemsburgers

I fixed mine by completely reinstalling Linux again. It is wild that this is necessary to play the game.

• Seraphin
    Seraphin Member Posts: 4
    edited September 26

I got the "EAC is not installed" issue.

When i run Easy_Anti_Cheat_EOS.exe in the game's folder, it appears for 0.1 sec and then closes (see my message on page 1 please).

In the logs, it says that it wasn't launched as administrator, but when i do, the same issue occurs (EAC_EOS opens for 0.1 sec and then closes immediately).

I've gone through all the programs that could interfere, and I don't have any (including Windows Security which makes no mention of interference). And everything is up to date (Windows, graphic drivers etc). It looks like reinstalling Windows will work, but it doesn't seem like an acceptable solution. Any ideas where the problem comes from?

• Witchu
    edited September 29

You guys think it's possible for me to get a refund for all the stuff I bought for the castlevania update? You know … when everything stopped working and hasn't let me back on for a month? Cause I haven't been able to use anything I bought, but it's been a month and I know about steam's policies stuff but I wonder if it's possible since I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO PLAY IT

• jigglynutss

Crazy that I can only play dbd for an hour then have to restart the game because I'm getting eac error code 3 nonstop for the last 2 weeks lmao

• Ankhman
    Ankhman Member Posts: 9

Just an update: I uninstalled on 9/12 because of the EAC not instantiated issue not being fixed and moved on to other games. I reinstalled yesterday (9/28), did nothing different (no fixes applied, etc. - just installed the game normally and verified files, which I always do with Steam), and the game ran for me. it's still running for me as of today. I have not yet played a match, so I'm not sure if there will be EAC issues in the game itself, but if I don't post back here again it means that I'm not having any additional EAC issues. Best of luck to anyone else still having problems.

• LadyA

I have the same issue. I cant even see the option to choose a game to repair because the window doesnt even remain open.

• michaelsbabyboi
    michaelsbabyboi Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Found out about this thread. About a month now I haven't been able to play, this is not a good look. Not even a recommendation? So far looks like getting it corrected is pure random luck? Yikes.

• etullinator
    etullinator Member Posts: 4

I can't get EAC to launch at all. It looks like it opens a window and then it immediately goes away in a split second. I have also tried running it as administrator and that doesn't give me a different result. Unfortunately, I am not able to attach my logs because it says there are permission issues and I'm not sure how to fix that either.

• JocelynAwakens

Everyone still receiving the EAC instantiation issue, can you please help by following these steps and providing the logs?

• Launch EAC
    • If it asks if you want to make changes to the system, please say "Yes"
    • If you receive an error message, please screenshot.
    • If the game closes, please get the following:
      • Press Win+R
      • Type in appdata
      • Press OK
      • In opened window navigate to: \Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs
      • Save the DeadByDaylight.log file to upload here
      • Add the file to your bug report
      • and
      • %appdata%\EasyAntiCheat\2b2299be8ae84d679d4dc57c55af1510\e5c7f466abde4f7ba13c2ffc71a1efc1\anticheatlauncher.log
      • ^add this log to the report as well

It's important to follow these steps so the issue can be reproduced. Extraneous logs or screenshots not related, or logs that don't follow these steps, will get confusing. Please only add those logs to this thread. Thank you!

• Witchu

if i can't play dbd during the halloween event im gonna say some very bad words

• JocelynAwakens

Understandable, for sure. If you can follow the instructions above and just supply the two logs requested, it would be greatly appreciated. (I know we keep asking, but I just need those two logs with those steps taken only).

• Witchu

I've provided them multiple times, do you still need them from me?

• JocelynAwakens

Yes, with the steps followed as above and only the two logs requested. Thank you!

• etullinator
    etullinator Member Posts: 4

I feel like I have tried everything and this is clearly an issue with EAC, not my game files. I can't attach files to these forum messages for permission reasons that are not clear to me and I am losing hope that I will be able to play again.

• JocelynAwakens

Hello, we looked through your logs. Can you please restart your PC, and launch Dead by Daylight from the Steam Client directly to see if you still get the error?

Additionally, if you can put steam_appid.txt in the folder of the DeadByDaylight\Binaries\Win64 and recapture your logs, we can then verify further where your error is coming from.

• JocelynAwakens
    edited October 4

Hi @etullinator! You can upload files once you verify your account on the Forums.

The forum automatically sends an email when you join to enable you to verify your email address, and if you missed it, you just have to resend the email from your Account Settings.

• LadyA
    edited October 5
  • LadyA
    edited October 5

Post edited by LadyA on
  • LadyA
    edited October 6

Just tried getting in again.

This time I was able to get past the loading screen & get into the game, go into store, get my twitch drops etc BUT, the moment I load into any matchmaking lobby, i get the EAC error code 4.

Is there seriously no way to fix this? I was so close to finishing the rift and now I'm going to lose out on the tier IV rewards just because of this stupid error. I just needed 2 more challenges zzzzz

• Witchu

Interesting turn of events.

My dbd is currently working. I uninstalled it a few days ago cause I wanted to reinstall it fully and launch it, to grab fresh logs, hoping that would get some new information maybe (im not techy). I forgot about it, reinstalled it, launched it, and it worked normally. No EAC crash. Played my first match in over a month, no crash so far. I will update if anything happens, and if nothing happens I will post again in a few days. Im not sure what was different this time since I've reinstalled it multiple times in the past.

• Oswin
    Oswin Member Posts: 2

Welp, after looking all over the internet and trying every solution ever, i'm really at a loss for words.

The new tome just released so i was hoping that the update would make EAC work and it did nothing.

I've reinstalled nearly 6 times, verified, deleted files multiple times and tried every commands i could. I even installed Fortnite to check if the problem was EAC but it's clearly something with DBD 'cause Fortnite launched just fine.

The thing is the "Repair" button on EAC trick won't even work for me because when i launch EAC (even as an admin) nothing shows up.

I was really looking forward to play this new update because i really love the Castlevania skins and i wanted to farm for the new rift. But this is really bumming me out.

Please someone help me out on this .

• Witchu

It's tragic that it feels random when it wants to fix itself. Uninstall it completely and go about your life. (make sure you turn off your computer) go about your normal gaming routine for a few days, and then try reinstalling it again. I'm still not keeping my hopes up about my fix, something still feels off when I started playing again and I'm worried I'll get the issue again. But this is the only thing I did differently after an entire month, just uninstall and forget for a few days lol.

• Oswin
    Oswin Member Posts: 2

Yeah, i guess i have no other choices now! Thank you still for the advice!

• LadyA

I tried doing this, thats how i managed to get into the game and into the store etc but couldnt get into a matchmaking lobby because of error code 4. So I've given up hope.

Im not about to try and reinstall Windows just because of ONE game that refuses to work properly when the rest of my entire steam/epic library is working JUST fine.

• JocelynAwakens

Error code 4 is a separate issue. As EAC Instantiation and Error Code 4 are separate, we need them to be submitted as separate bug reports so we can track more efficiently. If you are still have EAC errors, please create a new report with the specific error. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.