Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

PC - Bardic Inspiration Not Working as Intended

Looticus
Looticus Member Posts: 1

The Aestri Yazar perk, Bardic Inspiration, is not working according to the written description.

The description is as follows:

“Press the Active Ability button while standing and motionless to enter the Performance interaction that lasts up to 15 seconds and empowers other Survivors within 16 metres of your location.

The empowering effect depends on the result of you rolling a d20 and lasts for 90 seconds after completing the Performance:

• 1: You scream, but without notifying the Killer.
  • grant +1 % Progression.
  • 2 - 10: Skill checks grant +1 % Progression.
  • 11 - 19Skill Checks grant +2 % Progression.
  • 20Skill Checks grant +3 % Progression.

Bardic Inspiration has a cool-down of 110/100/90 seconds after completing the Performance or cancelling it.”

Normally, after completing the perk action sequence, the player is granted a 90 second buff to generator repairs ranging from 0-3% depending on the number rolled (1-20). However, the ability does not appear to be granting the buff at all.

I believe the empower buff that happens while the action sequence is happening does still in fact work, but is for a very short period of time compared to the 90 second buff that should be activating after said action sequence.

I tested on multiple maps with multiple characters and the frequency of the bug is consistent, and doesn’t work no matter who or where.

* Attached are photos of me using the ability and completing it, and after completing, the buff icon does not appear where it normally would.

6 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review

Comments

• Bedslamb
    Bedslamb Member Posts: 76

I've noticed a change in this perk , late showing number of the roll , also no icon showing it's completed , also looks like it isn't actually giving the extra progression despite a good roll

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,092

I noticed this too. The number you roll is delayed and it doesn't seem to be applying the bonus (I had an 18 earlier, which should have given me a very visible +2% to each skill check, and couldn't see any visible progress jump on any.)

• Dasspooks88
    Dasspooks88 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Bardic still isn’t working, now it gives you like 6 seconds of inspiration

• Adryan
    Adryan Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3

Come here to see if more people had this bug. As of 02.10.2024. it's still not working as intended. Even if I complete the performance, Bardic inspiration only lasts for about 10 seconds instead of 90.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,642

This is listed as a Known Issue with a Fix Upcoming. https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/425495/bardic-inspiration-not-applying-the-buff-for-the-correct-duration#latest