Comments

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options

Just keeping this up high.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

It's not just unfriendly to colorblind people, I have trouble reading that as well. White over light grey? #########?

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

Color blindness affects roughly 10% of males...

That's 10% potential customers right there...

Come on, it's even a money related business decision.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    Options

Has this issue been resolved yet?

• Condorloco_26
    Options

At around 2.4 with the engine upgrade, gen, hook, totem, trap and dying state survivors auras had an increase in brightness that at least helped me find them. But that's only me. There are several other players that didn't experience any improvement.

Now they brought down brightness of said auras in some maps, making it just unbearable to play killer (ORMOND I'm looking at you).

D A R N

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    POUNDYOUSILLY Member Posts: 40
    Options

Instead of changing lighting they can easily change the colors for us or at least give the option. It doesn't benefit anyone except people who are colorblind

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

Hey all you colorblind folks! I was just digging through the Dead by Daylight Reddit when I found this post:

Apparently if you're on PC a program called Vision can help you? Might be worth a look, eh?

• Condorloco_26
    Options

Thanks a lot, I'm sure people on PC should try it at least and see if it helps.

Sadly there's also a bunch of us on console, where this kind of options are unavailable.

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options

I'm so frustrated with this game. Cant see any auras on ormond. Cant see teammates....

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493
    Options

I'm not colorblind and I have the same problem when the auras are far away so trust me its a big deal

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options

Why is this issue not being acknowledged by anyone besides us colorblind people???!

• ProfoundEnding
    Options

Bump.

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options

Dont waste your time bumping this topic. These mediocre developers dont care

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Bump 💜

• Unicorn
    Options

#FIGHTFORTHECOLORBLIND2K19 💜

We won't stop until this is addressed.

• Aceonfire
    Aceonfire Member Posts: 304
    edited March 2019
    Options

I don't understand why BHVR designed this game's meta around variables they can't control.

Here a few examples:

1. Brightness. BHVR. You do realize that your reason of leaving the option for gamma and brightness, out of game, results in people just changing the settings within Windows display settings or on their monitor? Did you guys NOT know this was an option? Or, more likely, you used it as fluff to sell to people who had no idea how a computer works.
    2. No voice communication: Um discord, skype, teamspeak, roger wilco, SteamVoice, OriginVoice and about 20 other voip apps exists. Does your game block them from running? In what world does it not make sense to have voice proximity chat an option for this game? For all your effort you put into meta variables, you left this out? Was it to complicated for you? Voice proximity chat should have been your top top priority according to your meta design but, ironically, it's not even on the roadmap!
    3. Lack of Audio options. But...but..but...the chase music is KEY to the game. No it's not. You've proved it by breaking it in the last patch and ignoring it. Welp, just one more thing we have to go to another app to fix what the devs were too lazy to.
    4. Crosshair for bunnymom/plague/clown. Again, just put it in the game already. 10 ways from sunday to add a crosshair via monitor or graphic control panels. Put in the game make it available to everyone if they want.

Fluff. That is what excuses like you give us for not putting those items in game, are known as. Your reasons are at best, laughably invalid.

I get the same thing when I ask one of my friends for help with something hard. They will come up with nonsense "fluff" reasons for not doing it the right way.

ME: "hey, can you help me paint that chair please?"

LAZY FRIEND: No man, don't paint that. Rust adds to the atmosphere of the room brah!

ME: "hey can you help me move my TV please?"

LAZY FRIEND: Look, the sun is getting bigger man, soon, the glare won't be a problem. Just leave it there for now, trust me.

Now you've screwed over people who are colorblind because you say it would mess up a meta that doesnt really exist...just big fluffy fillers of nothingness.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited March 2019
    Options

Bumping for awareness. This needs to be a thing.

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options

Trust me, they are well aware of this. Some of us are tired of kicking a dead horse. They can easily fix the colors for us but they choose not to. Instead they would like to break matchmaking again to give us something else to complain about

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

Let's show that a lot of people care. It's like that one quote, "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." I'm not colorblind, but I'm 100% on your side. You shouldn't have an unpleasant experience playing a game you love 'cause you genuinely can't see things.

• p1ague
    p1ague Member Posts: 101
    Options

This has been the most active thread in the suggestions forum for like 6 months, and they got a developer to directly respond to the request (with something dismissive like "we'll see" but still) and the problem hasn't even been tangentially approached. The situation's definitely looking pretty bleak, sorry to say.

• Condorloco_26
    Options

Thanks for your effort guys.

Yes this thread has been up since August.

And still. I can only think about tagging whoever may be interested at this point. Everything has already been said

• Unicorn
    Options

@not_Queen @MandyTalk @Peanits 💜

Please let us know if this has a chance to be implemented into the game. Maybe even using whatever settings were used during events with the Blue hook auras?

Bump 💜

• RangePup
    RangePup Member Posts: 4
    Options

Literally making an account just to +1 this, but yeah, playing Killer is terrible for red/green color blind folks. Trying to track blood is pointless on any map that doesn't have light colored floors. I've lost plenty of survivors because they broke line of sight and I can't see the scratch marks on the ground well enough to follow them. Playing Spirit is pretty impossible since the only sight her power allows is a method I struggle to see properly. Red on any sort of dark color is hard to see, so I sometimes have to stop and actively look for where generator auras or totems are, sometimes I even need to try and find a more lightly colored wall to stare at just for contrast... so many of the aura perks are useless to me because of red on black/dark brown.

It sucks that in the day and age where accessibility options for this sort of thing are extremely common, browsing through this thread, absolutely nothing is being done about it.

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options

Dead by daylight devs can make new killers, new survivors, new maps and new seasons...

But can't make colorblind assist.

• ABannedCat
    Options

Bumping for awareness.

• ProfoundEnding
    Options

Bump.

• Condorloco_26
    Options
  • FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474
    Options

Just my 10 cents...

With the exception of a handful of maps, I've seen some changes to auras lately. BBQ and chili, Nurses calling, hell, even gen auras stand out a bit better.

For me, it's just a matter of the sticks and blood trails.

Funny though, I read through the post, and kept thinking, "So it's not just me". I completely avoided Trapper because I couldn't find the damn traps. So I could really relate about only finding them when an indicator popped up. Same thing for the totems. I used to run that one perks that tells you when your totems are being destroyed just to find them.

I easily give credit where it's due, I can SEE some changes....let's just go that extra yard please. I mean if everyone else can already see blood and sticks...how much would it really harm to "turn it up" anyway?

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@FSB75 Yeah with the introduction of the 2.4 patch, things got better in most maps, for some people. Then it went all down the drain with the recent patch downgrading graphics, at least for console. Ormond resort is unplayable at this stage.

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474
    edited April 2019
    Options

@Condorloco_26

See = S

Can't See = C

S/C

C/S

C/C

It's funny though....although the right side is suppose to demonstrate how color blind people see things.

Top left looks the same to me on both sides.

Top right has some change, but still can't make it out.

Left middle looks exactly the same.

Right middle looks better to me.

Both on the bottom row look exactly the same.

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options

Good luck convincing developers to add colorblind assist. Dbd is unplayable sometimes for us. Its frustrating and the fact that it would be so easy to incorporate annoys me more

• ABannedCat
    Options

Yeah, they will most most likely never add it. They havent even fixed the auras and scratchmarks on Ormond.

• p1ague
    p1ague Member Posts: 101
    Options

Yeah, I don't know how I haven't noticed before : I'm not colorblind at all, but I can not find a hex totem on Ormond within 5 minutes of starting.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    Options

C'mon devs!

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options

We all know they dont care about us. Hence the lack of responsiveness

• ProfoundEnding
    Options

Bump.

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options

I say we bump this post until my fingers go numb

• fluffybunny
    edited April 2019
    Options

@Condorloco_26 They messed up with Ormond resort. I'm not sure how. I'm not colorblind and I have troubles seeing anything on that map as killer or survivor (I run bond).

Post edited by fluffybunny on
  • fluffybunny
    Options

@FSB75 I think the pictures were meant to show how hard it is to make out certain colors among others for colorblind people. It's like how people were talking about not being able to see the red from auras and skill checks, for instance.

• Condorloco_26
    Options

@fluffybunny Yes Ormond is completely busted. I just don't DC because I'm not a chump, but I really don't see anything there playing as killer.

I kinda know where do gens and hooks can possibly spawn but most of the time I'm just walking aimlessly.

And the recent graphics downgrade screwed the corn maps too, not only for colorblind people. Springwood is incredibly dark all the time, and even worse in the basement of the house of pain there (and Haddonfield too).

I really hope they do something soon to fix this.

• ABannedCat
    Options

You know, they just brought a patch that fixed some minor bugs, but they didnt bother to fix Ormond. In order to fix Ormond all they need to to is RAISE THE OPACITY of the auras and scratchmarks. They dont even need a programmer for that. Its done in under 5 minutes. Why did they not fix it?

Sometimes I wonder if the developers start up their own game even once a months. Probably not.

• POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options

They wont even acknowledge our legitimate complaint

• Condorloco_26
    Options
  • POUNDYOUSILLY
    Options

Make the totems, traps, generators and hooks yellow. How easy that would be to add...

• Orion
    Options

Wouldn't that just screw over people on Coldwind Farm? Y'know, where everything is already yellow?

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Still needed. Just give the option to change the auras from red to blue as killer, that would help a lot for start and is not hard to implement.

• Orion
    Options

Won't people who have trouble telling apart shades of yellow still have trouble on Coldwind Farm? I don't know, I'm not colorblind, that's why I'm asking.

• ABannedCat
    Options

Just let us choose the colour of the auras. Its not that hard, developers. Godammit.

• Daddy_Doctor
    Daddy_Doctor Member Posts: 158
    Options

EGC making it even harder for us colourblind folk. Red on red, makes total sense.