When are buffs coming to killers?

Options

Out of interest, i was wondering when the dev team think would be a good time to start buffing killers? not a hate post, just genuinely curious.

Comments

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

Overall? Probably a long time from now after dedicated servers. Reworked endgame could be big.

I have faith in Freddy/Legion stuff coming in the next couple of major updates (Before June ends) since McLean keeps saying those 2 are coming.

• ShaneQ
    ShaneQ Member Posts: 134
    Options

@Dr_Trauts ,

Clown ain't bad he's a pretty decent killer, there's no way he is wraith tier

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Wraith tier? Stuck at 15? Nah I've gone past 10 with wraith easy.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

Yeah, wraith can go past 15, but he is still not good or viable.

• ShaneQ
    ShaneQ Member Posts: 134
    Options

@Carpemortum.

Yeah I'm not saying he's terrible (you can do well with just about any killer) its just his power is useless I feel it hinders him more than helps a bit like Freddy, clown has a really usefull ability

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options
  • Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    Options

It’s also the killers job to provide them with something else to do though (injuring and hooking for healing and saves). I’ve seen killers complain when survivors don’t loot chests, which is the stupidest thing ever. If the killer sucks, what else are survivors supposed to do? If there was more of a bonus and a counter for totems, more people would do them.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    Options

You didn’t get the memo. It’s “unfair” to compare everyone else to people like Scott and Zubat, because they’ve dedicated their lives to playing killer. /s

• MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163
    Options

Have you seen how some of his survivors play? I would be getting 4ks if played against them.

• shinymon
    shinymon Member Posts: 298
    Options

There should be a bonus blood point modifier for the less popular killers every week or so. Tired of seeing Hillbillies with the same boring perks.

• MegChicken
    Options

What’s your rank then. Because that shouldn’t happen against competent survivors.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

@DudeDelicious competent survivors leave gens when they hear a heart beat. So this will not entirely work.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

@Devil_hit11

You're actually the first person I've seen to say Doctor is tied for worst Killer in the game.

You're not supposed to chase in Treatment mode. Switching modes also does not take 2.5 seconds (the duration of the shock stun). At longer/safe loops, you should just try to get the Survivor drop the pallet ASAP. Windows and unsafe loops become extremely dangerous against him (if they weren't already dangerous). You also need to know how to time your shocks correctly, especially if you're running a shock range add-on. While Madness 3 might not slow the game down for a long time, the time for a Survivor to find a safe location and Snap Out of It can be enough for you to down another Survivor. If the first Survivor was injured, then you'll have an injured Survivor running around looking for help or that Survivor will have to heal themselves with a medkit, Self-Care, or both, buying you even more time.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

I doubt we'll see any individual killer touch ups until they finish the Freddy and Legion rework.

Once that's done we're probably going to get Bubba and then maybe Amanda getting touch ups

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

The amount of survivor-memes in this thread is hilarious.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Which rank? They'll just repair generators everytime you go away. Unless you down someone you're just wasting time and giving survivors free repair time.

If you just run around between gens and kicking them, they'll just repair that generator right after you kicking it. It doesnt even do anything unless you camp the generator and then every other gens gets repaired.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    edited April 2019
    Options

Killers have been getting buffs since 2.0...

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    Options

Oh, sorry mate.. Its hard to tell with sarcasm and text sometimes for me.. I see it now though haha :)

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options

Using those two words in the same sentence usually summons the bloodhounds of this community.

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536
    Options

Except depip squad doesn't count because people don't play like that, right?

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704
    edited April 2019
    Options

exactly dude, its ridiculous how people say "depip squad don't count" because theyre pro survivors who know what theyre doing, but then say "you should play like "x" streamer who plays "x" killer" even though they play literally all day every day.

just sounds a bit bias imo

• MegChicken
    Options

Only 3 killers are good without addons, Billy, Huntress, and Nurse. The rest feel clunky without them. And yes that includes Spirit, because almost everyone uses a form of recovery speed, because 15 seconds is insanely long.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

The so called "de-pip squad" was like a year ago. There have been so many changes to the game that the same experiment would not have the same results. The very metric of what would cause a killer to pip or de-pip has changed several times since then. This isn't evidence of anything.

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453
    Options

I would include micheal in there, as even without add ons, he is very good (myers main btw).

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

I get past 10 with Trapper and I'm so color blind I can't see scratch marks and several maps are basically a blended mess so I can't see generator auras. Yet I can take one of the crappiest killers deep into purple ranks regularly with this current system.

• harry14141414
    harry14141414 Member Posts: 356
    Options

killers don't need buffs lmao

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Yes they do. A good team can finish all gens regardless of ruin in about 4-5 minutes. A good survivor can get chased for minutes no matter how good the killer plays and mindgames. How is a killer supposed to get 12 hooks under these circumstances? Watch some korean devotion 10+ players and you will see just how wrong your comment is.

I notice it all the time. People go down like nothing yet the gens pop so quickly they almost make it out of the gates just because they can press one button. The devs need to make gen repair longer - period. I will main Hillbilly till they add some time to the gens.

• MystiKasT
    MystiKasT Member Posts: 289
    Options

Hopefully soon, survivors control the game right now

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704
    Options

Your right, there have been changes since then. Perks such as prove thyself have recieved buffs so that gen repairs are quicker (and the base time for gen repairs has been unchanged since then). More perks have been introduced into the game to allow survivors to last even longer in chases, wasting the killers time even more (e.g. mettle of man that was recently introduced).

Maps have been getting bigger, meaning both terror radius perks for killers become less affective and killers themselves have to travel further to guard generators. (e.g. ormond resort and family residence).

Bugs that plague the game (and don't recieve fixes for long periods of time) are still in the game such as the double pallet spawns reappearing on such maps like wretched shop amoungst others.

and although killers have recieved some brief buffs and quality of life changes as well its nothing compared to this.

So yeah, ill agree with you actually and say the game has changed a lot since the de-pip squad for survivors... its got even easier.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options

Well you could have been nicer with your phrasing and choice of words but I think I’d have to agree with difficulty difference when you’re a ruby.

• DaGreenBolt
    edited April 2019
    Options

Yes they do, at red ranks, if you aren't using a nurse, hillbilly, or spirit, 75% of the time you will lose as most know how to do gens under ruin, can run around killers for ages, and riddled with swf. Tru3 even called the wraith with coxcombed clapper and the ghost- soot, a mid teir killer. Pretty much that low teir killers are underpowered, and some mid teir killers needs certain perks and add ons to be viable at red ranks.

Just so you know eventually people who play killer, wont play any other killers except nurse, hillbilly, and spirit. Which won't add variety to the game. I'm really starting to think about playing and learning the nurse again.

• MegChicken
    Options

Even then Spirit takes a lot of time to down someone, she’s extremely map dependent, big maps and falls, small maps and she destroys. Billy can snowball and doesn’t have a CD, Nurse is ass on console.

Even then, they still can’t apply pressure without having to build it.

• DaGreenBolt
    Options

Huh I didn't know spirit was map dependent, but either way she is more viable at red ranks than a myers.

They can apply more pressure than the current mid teir and low tier killers.

• Meme
    Meme Member Posts: 275
    Options

Yeah let's keep buffing killer and nerfing survivor to the ground, or you guys can actually get good at the game? Just a suggestion.