How do YOU think the developers are going to address the MOM outrage?

Options
2»

Comments

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options

Just change the stack progression to killer stuns, unhooks, team healing, or body blocking.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options

I don't wanna talk people down but.. U saw his tier list?

I'm always laughing my ass of when I read "MoM is more difficult to activate than DH". While DH is a perk which requires skill, good timing and reading the killer to get the most of it, with MoM you need to do..... NOTHING. Just hold W like a 4head, that's it. There is also no counter for the majority of the killers (unlike DH, there is counterplay sometimes), but it also "stuns" the killer on place and gives a free speedboost. Imo stronger than old DS + zero skill required.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options

Oh, the survivors you verse have already unlocked MoM on different survivors? Good luck mate, today I versed my first survivors using MoM on different survivors. So it seems like need to play only Nurse and billys or ebony moris.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Options

I could already see it:

BHVR: JuSt SlUg SuRvIvOrS oR pLaY SoMeThInG eLsE

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    Options

😂😂😂😂 Awwww you're so cute.....They don't care......They still haven't given us the stuff they promise....They keep adding bugs instead of fixing them. Survivors and killers aren't the problem. They are. They are what's killing this game.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

What outrage?

A minority that play killers complaining about it?

I play killer against it and did just fine.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

My theory is they will just kick back relax and ignore it.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

Oh I understand just others might not see the difference with what you were trying to say, I posted some possible tweaks for it on page 1.

• RoMainPuppy
    RoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507
    Options

But then some people will complain again about how survs should not be able to body block, only killers.

• TheRealDweard
    TheRealDweard Member Posts: 148
    Options

People will always complain in this game pretty much how its been since release.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

They're going to take 2 more years to do anything about it like DS. (Hopefully not)

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,663
    Options

I hope they say something soon :O

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,663
    Options

I'm honestly surprised at their lack of a statement regarding this, no matter what side they fall on.

• SamuraiPipotchi
    SamuraiPipotchi Member Posts: 100
    Options

They'll probably involve the exhaustion status effect.

It's not likely, but maybe switch out the aura reading for the broken status effect.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

I think it'll be a long time before they touch it.

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Options

Hopefully they ignore it. They should stop letting the community dictate the game cause the two sides will always bump heads. The devs are supposed to be the middle man

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

The community is the only reason they're getting money from the game. I'm not saying they should heed every demand but if a huge portion of the community is upset about something they should listen to the complaints at least

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,677
    Options

I've played a lot of games since MoM has come out. Mostly as killer, but a number of games as survivor running the perk. In all of those games, MoM has had minimal impact on the outcome of the game. All this outrage is ridiculous. Be honest here folks, what percentage of games played has MoM been the deciding factor in whether you win or lose?

• BOSS242
    BOSS242 Member Posts: 171
    Options

You can have MoM and everything that gives survivors an extra hit but survivors want everything that one-shots removed. Oh, wait, what? All thats fair and balanced. Its just the survivor stuff that needs nerfed? Ok, got it.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    edited April 2019
    Options

The real issue with MoM is not the one time hit, even if that one time hit can make or break the game, and no, it's not the theoretically 6 hit chase that a survivor could pull off.

The real terrible power of MoM is a 4 man group running it.

4 guaranteed additional hits equals 2 successfully chases. Is almost like having to chase down a 5th phantom survivor. For killers time is truly of essence and losing 40-80 seconds over the time of the match kills the game.

Edit: it's like a perk would add an additional generator to repair.

• DarkWo1f997
    Options

Buff legion lol.

• DarkWo1f997
    Options
  • Free_Hugs
    Free_Hugs Member Posts: 304
    edited April 2019
    Options

Aren't you a candy bowl of sunshine.

The issue is, not everyone wants to play Billy or Nurse. People like playing weaker killers for their own reasons, and when everyone is having Mom hold their hand in a trial it essentially means killers like Freddy or Doc need to hit and down a whole additional survivor at no cost to the survivors skill or gameplay except equipping a perk slot each.

A lot of the time deadhard has to be burned in a deadzone and goes nowhere.

Due to the weapon wipe animation and speed boost for getting hit a Mom proc will always extend a chase by 22 seconds, minimum, as long as the survivor runs in a straight line away from a killer and doesn't get to any other loops. Always. You can't fake out or force Mom in a bad spot like you can deadhard.

If four survivors use Mom that's 88 seconds the killer loses for essentially nothing.

This isn't even counting things like self-care to 99%, divebomb a hook with borrowed time, get hit while unhooking and soak it with Mom, heal the last 1%, get hit again and damage sprint away.

• Afgkid
    Afgkid Member Posts: 2
    Options

isnt there only a couple of killer who cant do anything about MOM? most killers have something that ignore MOM

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453
    Options

I don't think BHVR will address this by nerfing it, instead they will give killers a similar perk such as downing 2 or 3 survivors gives 1 free insta down perk.

But so far MoM is literally like old ds, and the fact 4 people can run it will no repercussions makes it unfun for the killer.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    edited April 2019
    Options

Honestly I don't really see the issue WITH MoM... About half of the killers have means of dealing with it without triggering it (not including Nurse in this because that's a bug).

Leatherface and Billy have their saws, Plague breaks people faster then the survivor can make use of it, Huntress has hatchets, Trapper has... well... traps, Myers has E3 AND insta-mori, Legion for all their ups and downs is in the same boat as Plague being able to down them faster then they can get MoM stacks. Even NURSE PLAYERS, once the bug fix is valid won't have much difficulty, the good ones at least, as Nurse ignores literally every rule in the game anyways lol.

The only ones potentially screwed are Wraith, Pig (if the dash counts as a M1 attack), Doctor but he's got other issues anyways that need a WHOLE other topic to discuss, Freddy (he's getting a rework though so who knows if it'll be an issue once that drops), and Hag. That said a decent counter to MoM is Save the Best for Last allowing you to recover from a successful attack that much faster.

In all reality I see MoM usage dwindling off once Killers start making more use out of their killers that can ignore MoM and not use the ones who can't. When that happens, Survivors are either going to call for MoM buffs, call the perk worthless and not use it, or both.

Just another storm we need to weather the tides of ^_^