The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pig nerfs for PTB

2»

Comments

• BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365
    edited April 2019

What short timer? Last time I checked it was three minutes at the very least, with gates taking 15 seconds.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited April 2019

I know a lot of people have suggested making the EGC timer slow down as long as a Survivor is wearing an RBT, and while I think that fixes the problem for EGC involving more than one person, I do think there would still be an issue with EGC happening after there's only one Survivor left (when the Pig closes the Hatch). I put out a bunch of ideas for Pig buffs (and nerfs) a while back, and I do think one in particular would be relevant: "As long as there's only one Survivor left, they should make it so a) it only takes half as long to search through a Jigsaw Box b) Good Skill Checks count as Great Skill Checks when searching through a Jigsaw Box." I initially had this balance idea lumped together with a Pig buff that would make the RBTs snap if someone tried to jump into the Hatch while wearing one, but I think it could work here as well to make sure the Survivor can get their trap off quickly. With that, plus slowing down the EGC timer while someone is wearing a RBT, I do think that the traps would be much more manageable without compromising the Pig entirely.

Oh, and I still think the change to the TR is going to backfire.

• Sentry
    Sentry Member Posts: 124

@TAG

I agree with you point, but they good just make deactivate not explode when leaving through the exit gates once the hatch is closed. that way the one survivor still has a chance

• TAG
    edited April 2019

Thing is that I don't really like the idea of the RBT being made useless (though that's just a personal opinion more than anything). I prefer making it much easier for that Survivor to get it off over making it as though they're not wearing the trap at all.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

I don't get why the RBT timer has to stop in the heartbeat radius with the end game changes though.

• sorrowen
    sorrowen Member Posts: 742
    edited April 2019

Piggy didn't deserve this :'(

• Mithandris
    Mithandris Member Posts: 10

They should change the requirements for RBT activation, it has happened to me that a generator is repaired seconds before I put an RBT on a survivor. RBT's could always activate after she put the trap on a survivor, until the last generator is repaired. This could work very well with the changes on how RBT's work inside her TR. So, if she tunnel one survivor, the others will do gen rush and her traps will get useless, or she can hunt other survivors, slow the game a lot and maybe even getting a 4k.

• TAG

They're reverting the change to timer pausing within the Pig's TR.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@TAG But the traps are still useless once the final generator has popped.

• TAG
  • Mithandris
    Mithandris Member Posts: 10

Nice, but i still think they should change the activation mechanic for RBT.

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965

I hope they won't be deaf to immersive fun amanda young for 2 years. Since people actually cared about her character being not destroyed like this.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

Why not make it so timer slows down instead of just removing Pig's viability?