What are some Plague buffs you guys are thinking of?

Options
StarMoral
StarMoral Member Posts: 938

As someone who came in the game during Plague's release, I do have a wierd affection toward the priestess. Even if I've put around... 3 bloodpoints into her. (I really should put more into her, but I also wanna get WGLF... And I wasnt here for the 2xBP event, so G R E A T.) Her latest stats don't really hold the poor girl up too well (along with my boi Legion, but I count DC's as a win anyway (^: )

Anyway, let's think up some ideas that would help the Babylonion priestess out a bit!

Comments

• Didiez
    Didiez Member Posts: 51
    Options

That would be good but O don't think viable. Cause she already have a really good amount of speed.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

In either case, it’s quite clear by the context of the post I meant it as a debuff and not give survivors free speed boosts on top of the free instant heals they do get with her.

To be fair, right now as it currently stands, Plague vomit hardly constitutes as having any debuffs or penalties for survivors (that actually encourages them to seek a well asap and not when it’s convenient for them.)

On a second note, it seems perfectly reasonable to treat Plague similarly to the Doc while keeping them different. Not only are they thematically similar, but tbh they both deal in making survivors sick so it would make sense they would both have nasty effects on survivors. In fact in Plague’s case, it would make even more sense that she should have varying effects on sick survivors ESPECIALLY because unlike Doc, survivors get free heals from her (which is a bit ironic when you think about it.) Billy and Leatherface are similar and yet they are different too.

• BlackReaper
    BlackReaper Member Posts: 134
    Options

I think doing that when you throw up stops any action just by doing generators would be a bit annoying and it could also make you fail the skill tests, it could also make you not throw pallets or jump windows. Only with that I believe that most would be cleaned.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Options

Just bring her like she was on ptb and alredy we got medium or high tier killer.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    Options

remove the insta heal and being injured/broken should mean something. like a debuff etc.

• Alther_Primus
    Alther_Primus Member Posts: 158
    Options

Honestly if being fully infected actually meant something she'd be fine, the idea of having Survivors be hindered while they vomit and leave an AOE infection would actually be a super nice change. As it stands though, her height makes looping painful because you have less opportunities to mindgame, and since her sickness has 0 impact on looping...

I know Corrupt Purge is the big selling point, but that's in the hands of Survivors. I'd like to see Vile Purge be made a bit better on it's own, and feel more like a spreading disease.

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483
    Options

Why exactly are we trying to BUFF plague? shes already high tier as is

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Options

If they give her all of that then they'll have to nerf her into a 110% movement speed killer so she wouldn't have too much of an advantage over survivors.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

If apple was made baseline I think that would help her a LOT. The reason no one will cleanse is because it gives her Corrupt, which is crazy OP especially if you are already injured/Broken. If apple was baseline (start 1 pool corrupted) then she could force you to cleanse after you are sick by taking Corrupt. Once survivors start cleansing they have to continue doing it.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    Options

@Peanits You just have to give her the ability to move at full speed while holding in her vomit, like on the ptb. She was plenty strong, but also able to be countered through jukes and good pathing. I actually don't know why ya'll nerfed that other then trying to keep her at a 50% kill rate.

Do ya'll consider a 50% kill rate balanced? (this is an honest question)

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416
    Options

Thantaphobia works well at getting the chain going on the cleanses.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited May 2019
    Options

As someone who doesn't play Survivor anymore & who hasn't played her yet, i think her vomit should stay on the ground and either make Survivors slower or make them slip when walking on it for too long. (Running would decrease the time required to slip, crouch-movement would increase the time required to slip up to infinite.)

• thesuicidefox
    Options

Yes this works. I use both Thana and apple which both force survivors to cleanse. Once they start they have to keep doing it, and as long as survivors are using pools she is a good killer.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options

A 50% kill rate is the target for balance (two survivors escape, two die).

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@Peanits This is true and it seems to me that plague, clown and legion seem perfectly balanced

on the paper.

Are these killers' kill rate 50% at red ranks? That's what we want to know.

Usually noob survivors give easy kills to the killers at low ranks boosting their kill rate but when it comes to the red ranks, some killers are downright terrible with 0 map presence like the clown.

If their kill rate is still 50% at red ranks then there is nothing to complain about.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

#2 and #4 would be super duper cool. They should emphasize the uniqueness of sickness.

#1 sounds awful and unoriginal and for #3, I don't think Plague needs built in tracking.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Being forced to use a mediocre perk at best AND Ultra-Rare add-ons to kill proves how weak The Plague is.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited May 2019
    Options

actually, one yellow add-on for the plague usualy nets me d/c's mid game.

The one that gives you a corrupted fountain at the start of the game.

A lot of survivor wont cleanse, so they all run around broken. Once i got them all sick....

Surprise bitches!

The not cleansing thing is a really dumb way of playing against her, she's not Legion.

edit: That being said, she is add-on dependent. if they made it so that a fountain auto-corrupts if all survivors are sick, it would be great.

Since they added that thing that removes all her corrupted pools if they corrupt them all. (cause choosing not to corrupt your power to keep them all broken shouldn't be a viable strat? even though it's the default strat for survivors? This nerf shows that the devs feel that Survivors should be allowed to remove options for the kille,r but the killer isn't allowed to remove options for the survivors. Just look at how mch they argued about the Pigs traps in the new EGC)

• pemberley
    Options

4000 blood points add up though, and unlike brown add ons, yellows are a lot rarer in comparison - and you’re not guaranteed to get apples either.

Every killer, even Freddy, can function without investing in add ons. Add ons for them usually enhances gameplay to their advantage. Plague is the only one that genuinely struggles and her add ons are band aids for an undercooked kit.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

Having all the pools cleanse when they all get used is annoying as hell. Why don't they just do what they did with Hag's traps. Like the hag trap that's been around the longest disappears when another is placed over the limit, why don't they make it to where the pool that's been corrupted the longest gets cleansed when the only clean pool left gets corrupted? That way you don't completely wipe out all the Plague's options and completely open all the survivors' options simultaneously.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616
    Options

What?!

This is ridiculous! 4k under 3 min should be the balance target!

• Visionmaker
    Options

It was like that in the PTB. It was ridiculously strong when the killer just didn't pick up the pools.

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Options

Give her the ability to gain corrupt purge at a distance but at the cost of lesser duration.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

Oh, was it? I thought it was set up to where if the last pool got used, there was no more left to use; and it was powerful cause everybody was permanently broken and Thanatophobia was a fixed at full stacks. I never play the ptb for more than a few games so I must have gotten my information wrong.

• Visionmaker
    Options

Oh. Maybe I'm wrong. I thought it was. Perhaps someone can confirm.

I still think it's too powerful to cleanse only one at a time. It would be more balanced if Plague didn't automatically get her power in that event.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

@Peanits Question. If 3-4k is a win for the Killer. Why is that not explicit?

Like the tutorial makes it clear that winning is tied to Kills. But wouldn't it make more sense to have an actual win message at the match results much like with the Survivors and Escaping/Dying instead of the confusing Entity message that sometimes is displeased in spite of a 4k or whatever?

• thesuicidefox
    Options

The game should tell the killer how many pools are left for survivors to use. A simple QoL thing so you can manage Corrupt a bit better. I always find myself mid-chase about to take a pool and all of a sudden I have Corrupt and all the pool auras disappear. It seems like some maps have more pools than others too, but it's hard to tell how many there really are.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    Options

These ideas are all very good. There should definitely be more incentive to cleanse so that The Plague can snowball.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    Options

Shhhh speaking sense and logic is not welcome in the DBD world of thinking..

• AlexAnarchy
    Options
  • CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

3 changes I think would make a big difference.

1. Sickness is shared with ANY interaction, not just when your broken.

2. When your broken you get a debuff to repairing and vaulting speeds.

3. Speed while holding Vile purge is increased to 115%. Corrupt purge is still slower.

Hope she gets some buff because I really enjoyed playing her before I got back to red ranks and knew she was way too weak.

• Orti
    Orti Member Posts: 198
    Options

Revert the changes from the PTB and give her a build in Thanatophobia if broken. To make it balanced the effect should a bit less then the original Thana. Hindred would be a good alternativ to make her more viable in chases without her Corrupted Purge. Balance whise she is already fine imo she just as some drawbacks and counterplays that can be frustrating. Maybe you should get one Corrupted well when ever everyone is broken

• AlexAnarchy
    Options
  • DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    Options

Make sickness more stronger

Because everyone can still gen rush and ignore the fountain and THAT make plague useless

• pemberley
    Options

She is not fine. The only people who think she’s fine are survivor players who know that she’s actually not fine and want easy escapes.

The Plague literally has nothing going for her. Freddy has auras AND gen slow down.

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567
    Options

The main problem I have with her is that she is hardcountered if the team decides to not cleanse at all. A lot of timees I faced a plague and none of us cleansed themselves. Most survivors are good at looping anyway and don't heal in the first place so being broken is not an issue but you deny the killer her power and make most of her addons useless. Being infected should slow down survivors speed or do something else to make survivors want to cleanse more.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

the " Iridescent Seal " add-on needs a rework/buff.

my idea is making it permanently effects what the plague vomits on.

so when it's combined with the other ultra-rare add-on ( Black Incense ). it's basically a deadly combo. to repair generators you'll be forced to be sick. and when you're fully sick. your aura will be revealed to the plague

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options

Nope, that would show that there's a problem with the way the killer is designed. It would probably be something unintuitive or difficult to new players but easily abused by experienced players if that were the case. The target for balance is 50% in any given match, not overall. Naturally some killers are going to perform better at some ranks than others. Nurse, for example, usually falls well below that 50% target at rank 20 but exceeds it at rank 1. Or the Spirit, for example. The Spirit sits around a 43.65% kill rate at rank 20, but shoots up to 69.25% by rank 1.

Does that mean that the spirit is overpowered, though? Nope. The target is just 50%. A good player can come by and do well with her because they're good at the game. We're just aiming for a 50/50 average, what you do with it beyond that is up to you.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@Peanits Woah, I knew she was a beast but I really didn't expect it to be that much.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options
  • Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

She has the same issues as Legion, power doesn't do much because just not bothering healing is enough to counter both.

So i'm guessing making that the puke does something the longer you have it on, maybe reduce movespeed the more you puke (would make sense) or make repairs slowers.