The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Delete Exhaustion Addons

EnviouSLAY
EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300

I can deal with iridescent hatchets, turning addons, and the other "fun" to play addons for killer, but the most annoying thing to play against is anything that automatically puts you into the exhausted state. Exhaustion is more than balanced as is to have these addons that were made for always having your cool down going even while running.

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045

Thats exactly what he wrote and thats exactly what I already did. But thanks for trying.

Well, people use those Perks for a reason. I mean, just imagine this brown Toolbox-Add On would increase the Hex Skill Check Zones. It would be such a big thing vs Ruin. Same goes for Exhaustion.

I mean, those Add-Ons are most likely balanced for the time where Exhaustion recovered while Running. This is not present, so the brown Add-On does exactly the same like the Green Add-On.

• Frugl1
    Frugl1 Member Posts: 72

Most of the addons are already pretty long duration, and you would be unlikely to recover from exhaustion during a chase regardless. The answer is not to flat out remove exhaustion addons just because exhaustion is now less broken at base.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,045

Do you even read posts?

I also wrote that removing is not the way, but if we take Huntress, she has a brown Add-On which causes Exhaustion for 30 seconds. This is exactly the same what the Green Add-On does (which is 90 seconds), because, like you wrote (and I did before...), Exhaustion does not recover while Running.

And for me, it is just about the rarity. Being just brown/common is really generous for exactly the same effect like a green Add-On.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

Not really, actually, not even close, we huntress already have skills, otherwise we wouldn't be able to hit our hatches shots

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

I love that people think you rely on exhaustion perks because you think exhaustion addons should be changed. it's really stupid you're limited to 3 perks the entire game because of an add-on. you simply never get to use your exhaustion perk effectively without being unreasonable about it (example: having to stay injured so u can dead hard a clown bottle lmao)

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Just reduce the timers for forced echaustion. To see brown addons with 30s exhaustion ist really annoying, as most chases wont even last that long.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

Killers have to deal with only having 3 perks a lot too and that's not at the mercy of a select few add-ons, that's just a base game mechanic.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

You really need to learn to not use exhaustion perks then, besides Adrenaline, that perk ignores exhaustion, but when do you need to sprint burst against a killer with this add-on?

When do you need balanced against a killer with this add-on?

When do you need lithe or dead hard against this?

Almost never

• artist
    edited May 2019

because those perks would be OP without it (hex perks), they last the entire game affecting all survivors. not to mention you still get some benefit out of them most of time, while exhaustion addons completely nullify your perk (unless BL). exhaustion perks are used once per chase (if the requirements for them are even met), not comparable to a hex that couldn't be destroyed

edit: y did that bold

• ClogWench

Exhaustion perks are still very strong, and to add to that, the difference comes in how easy it is to stop them. It's literally a few select add-ons for some mid-to-low tier killers. This isn't something happening every game, it's not even something happening every time you encounter said killers. Sometimes a killer can effectively counter your perks. Sometimes a survivor can effectively counter your perks. It happens and it's not worth throwing a fit over.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

Imagine saying dead hard is a good perk

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

If Franklin's Demise is used a lot, don't bring a item.

If the killer has healing de-buffs or Nurse's Calling, don't heal.

Exhaustion perks are unreliable.

• ClogWench

Dead Hard is good if you don't use it like an idiot. Most survivors don't know how to get the most out of it

• artist

yes, they're strong, we already know that. because something doesnt happen every game, doesn't mean it's still okay. ######### like iri head and omega blink still exist lol. my problem with exhaustion addons is the fact you will NEVER get a good use out of your exhaustion perk because of it. even with distortion, you'll eventually run out of tokens, so the killer can read your aura again. I cant think of any other perk/add-on that completely nullifies another perk before getting some benefit out of it.

• ClogWench

I still stand by the fact that the strongest perks having very uncommon counters isn't that big of a deal. Hell, some killers have their powers outright denied by certain items even and you don't hear people throwing a fit over that. A few perks even have super niche uses against specific killer powers (Calm Mind, Slippery Meat, No Mither)

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

Balanced Landing is the only Exhaustion Perk with 2 effects, it's by far (in my opinion) the best exhaustion perk in the game (besides Adrenaline).

• artist

calm spirit- you're still affected by madness, that doesn't change, you just don't scream

slippery meat- still rng based, not guaranteed and you're still affected by traps, making u stuck and injured

no mither- please, instead of 2 hits it's 1, you still have to mend from legion and not cleansing could spread the sickness to your team while making it harder to see

you have to be smarter with your uncloaks as wraith to avoid flashlights (plus, they dont last forever), and u cant be predictable with your trap placements. flashlights actually have counters, try not to compare them to something that isn't counterable

still haven't thought of a perk/add-on that that nullifies a perk like exhaustion addons do :/

• ClogWench

Those are still factors that heavily impact the leverage a killer gets from their power.

Frankly I think more killers should have exhaustion add-ons. Plague in particular, and possibly Hag.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

The only anti-exhaustion add-ons I don't like are Clowns, simply because he doesn't really need to do anything skillful to inflict it. Huntress has to at least hit you with a hatchet, but Clown can just throw a bottle within 8m of you and you become exhausted AND slow down on top of that. While I get Clown has the lowest kill rate and needs some buffs/QOL changes I would like to see the exhaustion add-ons removed from his kit, or at the very least changed so that you need to actually hit someone with a bottle to inflict exhaustion.

I'm also not a fan that Doc's add-ons can cause exhaustion in Madness 3, specifically Iridescent King as that add-on is way too strong as it is. But I also don't like anything about Doc, so take that as you will.

• artist

god forbid perks/items give you an advantage lol (only somewhat of an advantage, mind u)

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    edited May 2019

Hmmmm... no?

First of all, the addons are all avoidable.

Huntress needs to hit you with a hatchet. The only perk affected by it is Dead Hard really, because you can use all other exhaustion perks to gain space before she hits you.

Pig needs a RBT on your head. You have bigger problems than exhaustion by that point, and she has better things to do than chase someone who already has a RBT.

Clown is the easiest one to apply/most consistent, but his entirely gameplay revolves around ending chases quickly, and the opportunity cost is moderate to high.

The only thing I could possibly agree with is maybe turning Solvent Jug into a rare add-on, but not really because Clown doesn't need to be nerfed.

So no. There's counterplay to those add-ons. Stop.

Edit: and other than Clown, those aren't even the best add-ons for the killers to run. As Huntress, quicker wind-up is pretty staple if you're even gonna use add-ons, and then there's other stuff like Hindered, faster cooldown for a quicker one-two punch, and mangled. As Pig, I never even use Exhaustion add-ons. She has better ######### to run, and her add-ons aren't even than stellar to begin with.

• ClogWench
  • artist
    edited May 2019

it's funny how u say there is counterplay, then you get to clown and and you're like "clown is meant to do that so it's fine" LOL. u also said what u said about pig like that addon isn't built for tunneling.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Exhaustion addons should have their times reduced, giving someone exhaustion for 90 seconds for hitting them once with a hatcet is absurd.

• artist

I knew u would say that, which is why I said what I said in those parenthesis. good one though lmao

• ClogWench

God forbid add-ons give us SOMEWHAT of an advantage

• gantes

You do know that counterplay doesn't have to be the same for all characters right?

Do you legit think there's no counterplay for a Clown with exhaustion add-ons? If that's what you think, check your play.

Pig could lose that add-on for all I care for how useless it is. The fact that you complain about it says more about yourself than the add-on.

• gantes

Breaking news: killers shouldn't have any counterplay vs Exhaustion perks. Even if all the counterplay they have is avoidable and you can use your perks before the add-on kicks in, that's still more agency than killers deserve to have in this game.

It's hard to take a thread seriously when you think those add-ons are out of line.

• artist

in those scenarios u listed? yes. in the scenario of aan exhaustion add-on vs exhaustion perk it's a complete advantage

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Flashlights literally fck Hag in the ass.

A couple of exhaustion addons won't kill anybody.

• artist

sorry I dont think it's fair to have my perk rendered completely useless the entire game, gaining no benefit from it whats so ever. guess you're right, i could stay injured so I can dead hard the clown bottle coming at me :/

or are u gonna tell me to stay near a structure to proc my balanced when the killer comes? because if there's nothing for me to do there then that's not countering, that's baiting your team. there is no counterplay for the exhaustion add-ons

• ClogWench

If you think not having an exhaustion perk is that detrimental then you're crutching on it too hard. Either way I wouldn't get my hopes up about them getting rid of a few weak add-ons on a few weak killers.

• artist

it's not even like that. as I said earlier, I'm not okay with my perk being completely nullified without me having the chance to use it. and I'll never understand how you crutch or rely on an exhaustion perk, it's literally a 1 use per chase lol

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

I don't get how they still haven't touched them. They should have been changed with the exhaustion nerf honestly. :|

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen.

If a Killer is running an Exhaustion Add-On you aren't always going to be exhausted, you WILL get use out of your Perk if you work around it/don't get hit before they inflict you with it.

Besides Balanced Landing isn't completely shut down. Neither is Adrenaline.

• artist

not once did I say they should be removed. what I'm not cool with is not even having the chance to use them. I already knew you would say something like be near a vault or a dropdown, and what about dead hard? u said nothing about that. u didn't have to list sprint burst, that perk is really dumb, exhaustion addons don't counter it we know that (really stupid not even exhaustion addons best it). if u really feel like knowing how I think exhaustion addons shoulde be changed (so that they are situational, and require someone who can last in a chance for a bit, while also needing the killer to capitalize on the debuff) then feel free to look for the post i made about it a few months back.

• ClogWench

Still would love to see Plague get an exhaustion add-on

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Hell, I think most Killers should have Exhaustion add-ons.

• gantes

OK, you're saying Sprint Burst is dumb.

Not any of the top tier exhaustion perks, sprint burst.

I think I'm done here.

• artist

yes the one that is activatable anywhere at the press of a button is stronger than the ones that have requirements. you okay? shouldnt be hard to understand

This discussion has been closed.