About the Enduring change...

Orion
Orion Member Posts: 21,675
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

When Enduring is changed to only affect pallet stuns and reduce the time by 50%, I hope you won't also forget to dial down the stuns that were increased because of it in the same patch. I'll say it again, in the same patch that you rework Enduring so it only affects pallet stuns, you must also decrease the stuns that were increased because of Enduring.

If this is not the case, I guarantee people will lose their #########, and for good reason.

EDIT: This thread has since been marked "BHVR Read".

Post edited by Orion on

Comments

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

You mean the 4 second DS stun?

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113
    edited May 2019

where does it say anything about the enduring change? i havent found anything in the dev update

• legion_main
    legion_main Member Posts: 483

@Theluckyboi they talked about it on stream

• mutabletiger4
    mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 185

Even if they don't change DS back (I agree it does need to be changed though), at least you can play around it

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Tbh there could be a different compromise. For DS I'd actually rather it keep the 5 seconds IF we make it so it ONLY affects tunneling, of which it currently does not. IE reduce the timer to like 45 seconds or make it deactivate as soon as a different survivor is downed.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

If it goes back to 3 seconds then the Enduring change will have been for nothing.

Did they change the DS stun to 5 seconds because of Enduring or to make it a stronger anti-tunneling perk?

• Blueberry
    edited May 2019

Well if it got 3 seconds then I wouldn't want to test any other changes. I think the change I was offering was more of a nerf than the 3 seconds. I'd rather it be stronger in less situations rather than weaker but works in more situations.

Either way though I'm fine with the 3 second change.

• knell
    knell Member Posts: 595
    edited May 2019

Just a brief summary on the interaction between the new Decisive Strike and Enduring for anyone interested:

2/22/19: Decisive Strike Q&A

QUESTION: HAVE YOU CONSIDERED MAKING IT SO ENDURING DOESN'T APPLY TO DS STUN, NOW THAT THE STUN LASTS 3 SECONDS?

Horvath: There has been a lot of feedback regarding the 3 second stun for Decisive Strike, previously the stun has been 4 seconds for a long time, once upon a time it used to be 5 seconds. We are currently revising and investigating what we will do regarding enduring and the Decisive Strike timer, it may end up being 4 seconds, but I believe we will try 3 seconds in the PTB. I look forward to your feedback

3/14/19: Chapter 11 Q&A

QUESTION FROM BONGBINGBING  

What was the reason for the DS Stun to not be effected by Enduring? 

HORVATH - GAME DESIGNER | ANSWER

Decisive Strike’s stun time was aimed to be the same as the Wiggle Free/ Grasp Escape times which is 3 seconds. Decisive Strike and Head On will now be affected by Enduring. 

3/19/19: 2.6.0 Patch notes

Decisive Strike: After being unhooked by another player or yourself, Decisive Strike becomes active for 60 seconds. If you are grabbed by the Killer while the perk is active, succeeding a skill check to cause an automatic escape and stun the Killer for 3 seconds. Succeeding or failing the skill check will disable the perk for the rest of the trial. Succeeding the skill check (and thus stunning the Killer) will result in you becoming the Obsession.

4/2/19: 2.6.3 Patch notes

BALANCE: Changed the Decisive Strike stun time to 5 seconds, with the Survivor being free to move after 1 second.

The Enduring perk now affects Decisive Strike's stun.

With feedback from the PTB and Live, we have changed the Decisive Strike stun time to 5 seconds, with the Survivor being free to move after 1 second. This should allow for the survivor to have ~ 4 seconds at a base to try and escape the killer after the stun is successful. When Enduring is used, the stun will be reduced to ~2.8 seconds. Of those 2.8 seconds the survivor will get a head start of ~ 2.28 seconds which makes escaping possible but much harder.

From what I can gather, when the stun time was 3 seconds during 2.6.0, Enduring Perk did not work with Decisive Strike.*

*Edit: I may have been wrong about Enduring not working with Decisive Strike in 2.6.0. Although I'm still unsure as to why 2.6.3 Patch Notes stated, "Enduring perk now affects Decisive Strike's stun" when it already did in 2.6.0, but there is a thread from March 20th (after 2.6.0) that had a title, "Enduring should not affect new decisive strike," which must mean that it did affect DS at the time. Sorry for any possible confusion. Thanks to @Victory for the correction.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/52981/enduring-should-not-affect-new-decisive-strike/p1

Post edited by knell on
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

the king has spoken!

on a serious note: i 100% agree. that would be ridiculous if they nerfed the perk, but kept the stuns high...

• mutabletiger4
    mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 185

We'll just need to wait and see what happens, there should be a PTB sometime this month right? I'm sure Enduring and DS stun will be tested there.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,784

I think the stun time should go down but I don't necessarily think 3 seconds is enough. The perk is being used once per match in very specific circumstances. Maybe if the timer was increased from 60 to 90 seconds. Otherwise I think 4 seconds is more fair.

Or maybe the stun is at 5 seconds if you're downed and picked up within 30 seconds of being unhooked, 4 seconds from 30-59 seconds and 3 seconds from 60-90.

• Blueberry

Orion is referencing a nerf, your changes are literally buffing DS. 90 seconds would be INSANE, even if the stun time was reduced.

• Blueberry

Someone who clearly has way, way more hours than you and actually understands a little more about the game. You'll see one day.

• Blueberry
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

@Orion completely agree with you. Enduring's change is out of the blue and they better consider situations where perks were changed to cope with Enduring. IMO enduring is fine where it is and has always been fine. Nothing about this perk was OP like ever.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Orion, here is a quote from Peanits about the enduring change:

TL;DR, the change allows them to change stun perks.

“It's a couple different reasons.

1. The wording confused people. Many people think of "75% increased recovery" as "stuns only last 25% of the normal time". This is not the case. Instead of being stun time * (1 - 0.75), it's actually stun time / 1.75. Your stun is only reduced by about 43% when you increase the recovery speed by 75%. With stuns just being half as long, it's much simpler. 2 seconds becomes 1 seconds, bing bang boom, everyone understands.
    2. The pallet stun durations are actually going to be about 0.15 seconds shorter.
    3. This way we can re-evaluate stun perks and better balance their stun times. Currently we need to make sure that anything affected by enduring lasts long enough that it doesn't render enduring completely useless. Take a look at DS, for example. It was a 4 seconds stun, where the survivor was locked into the animation for one second. This leaves you with only ~1.28 seconds to run if the killer is using DS. As a result, the stun time was raised to 5 seconds, giving you ~1.85 seconds to run. With that in mind, we could potentially lower it back down to 4 seconds (or even 3 seconds) after this change, making it more consistent whether or not you're using enduring.

It basically allows us better control over balancing stun perks so you're not forced to run enduring just to counter them. All things considered, you probably aren't getting hit with stun perks all too often currently. Decisive strike is easily avoidable and Head On is like a unicorn (it just doesn't exist, and I won't believe you if you say you've seen one). Ultimately you're going to save loads more time with the pallet stun reduction than you would lose from stun perks.”

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

Hey @Orion , another thread has@Peanits in it and from the sounds of his description DS will have it's stun toned down to 3 or 4 seconds.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

I don't think they will change it anytime soon. But i also don't think its a big problem. We are getting a small buff to enduring and who use enduring to counter DS anyway? I use that perk for mostly the combo enduring + spirit fury.

I rarely get stunned by DS because i don't tunnel prople and if i happen to find the injured i can leave it in dying state and come back later. Or just take the DS and down them again if im sure they won't last long.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

Holy ######### you actually got that crown!

• Victory
    Victory Member Posts: 166

It did, and it always has except for the PTB. You forgot about the QnA they had after the ptb where he explicity stated "Enduring should not properly effect head on and DS." They put that on the patch notes with the 5s buff so killers wouldn't lose their ######### that ds is as strong as it used to be.

• Victory

It's technically 4. Survivor has a 1s drop and land animation before they can move.

• Victory

I agree with this, but I was thinking if you hook another survivor. And the timer shouldn't go down while you're chasing them since it should be anti tunnel, and the timer doesn't go down while you're slugged so you can't tunnel them then stare at them for 60s. But you lose the timer if you down and hook another survivor.

• Victory

the enduring spirit fury combo is busted with little to no counterplay. Spirit fury wasnt the issue where as it was enduring. Killers want survivors to hide and pallets are only a 2.1s base stun time, enduring makes it even more of a joke giving survivors no time to hide. What do you guys want? Stealth? or actually have a chase?

• knell
    edited May 2019

@Victory

I wonder why they wrote "The Enduring perk now affects Decisive Strike's stun" in the 2.6.3 Patch Notes if it had already worked in 2.6.0. Or was there a PTB between 2.6.0 and 2.6.3? Can you link to the quote where he (who?) said, "Enduring should not properly effect head on and DS." I'll correct my post to add it if you can provide it.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

You ######### yahoos

They already said on stream that this change was made so that they can take a look at everything else in this game that could potentially be considered a stun and re-evaluate how much worth they should have.

That means they can look to unify values when they should be the same regardless of enduring or no enduring, and that includes DS.

People creating threads to demand that after they already said so on stream remind me of the classic "Man creates scenario in his head, gets mad about it". Chill.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

And they already said that the DS fiasco was the breaking point for them to change enduring because they either kept under or overshooting it to accomodate values with or without taking enduring into the equation. They specifically refered to DS when talking about it. Again, chill.

• Victory

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/51684/q-a-on-chapter-11-march-14th-2019#latest

What was the reason for the DS Stun to not be effected by Enduring? 

HORVATH - GAME DESIGNER | ANSWER

Decisive Strike’s stun time was aimed to be the same as the Wiggle Free/ Grasp Escape times which is 3 seconds. Decisive Strike and Head On will now be affected by Enduring. 

• knell

@Victory Thanks, I'll make the correction. I also noticed that there was also a thread made in March 20th about it also, so I'll link to that also.

• Victory

Np, its fine. The devs write patch notes weird all the time anyway, so its not really your fault.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
  • Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669

I think 4 is fair, definitely no to 3. The perk was reworked (nerfed) to be a tunneling counter, the stun should’ve never been lowered from 4 to 3 in the first place after making the perk situational. Now that Enduring doesn’t effect it, simply revert it from 5 back to what it was before and there shouldn’t be any complaining about it.

• chuckles5009
    chuckles5009 Member Posts: 24

3.5 seconds is fair.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,020

tbh, when MoM is changed the way it was described, it would be another reason to go for the unhooked person instead of the one who unhooked. Not giving MoM Stacks is simply a Plus for tunneling. If DS stays the same way and punishs tunneling, this would be a nice thing.

(In fact, people can still play around DS... So the Stun can be 5 minutes and a Killer can still decide if he wants to take the risk to get hit by DS or not...)