Adrenaline adjustment needed

Remove ability to get Adrenaline activated, while being on a hook and then freed.

It should ONLY activate while you're injured or in dying state. No benefit while being hooked.

Comments

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123

But it heals you if you get unhooked? That’s a huge benifit and buff to the perk from the previous version where it would activate no matter what state you were in; so if you were on a hook your adrenaline would be wasted.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

... I don't get it.

It activates only when it can be activated (you are standind or being downed)

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    edited March 2019

So far the only counter I have for this is not wasting effort if I know the last gen is in 90%s & gonna pop. Wait till after so I don't have to do a repeat performance and hope to position myself so the speed burst doesn't matter.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

No. When you're hooked and the last gen is done, your adrenalin activates. If you get unhooked you get insta heal + speed boost. Hence this thing needs to be adjusted.

• Milo

As Luigifan said it was adjusted so that doesn't happen no more.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

No, it can actualyl activate while being hooked meaning that you will be full life if you get unhooked

• Milo

Ye but it feels sometimes cheap. No 5 sec SB but just "remove the exhaustion" would be decent

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

Completely agree. It exists solely as a way to stop Killer momentum. Who needs to heal when you can heal your entire team by completing your main objective?

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

Adrenaline is strong enough as is and encourages genrush, it should not go off while ur on the hook.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

They don't heal because gens in highrank go so fast that healing through adrenaline is faster once you're at the last gen.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123

DS - needs to be downed and hit a skillcheck at any time, only counter is dribbling.

Adrenaline- needs to have all 5 gens done, needs to be injured/hooked/downed to gain the heal, causes exhaustion, only has specific time frame of use, very easily countered through 1 hit-down powers & NOED, the animation for downing a survivor can create a lag where the survivor has no input.

So tell me, how is this on the same level as the soon to be changed DS? If all 4 survivors are still alive AND none are hooked by the time 5 gens are done then you're the one who is doing something wrong; and even if those survivors didn't have adrenaline you wouldn't have been able to kill them.

• coryma
    coryma Member Posts: 6

I see adrenaline after getting off the hook as a counter to a killer just camping and tunneling. And that is very necessary for survivors because it happens often

• bendermac

BUMP

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393

When all 5 gens are done - Killer has no other objectives, but to protect hook and kill hooked person. Adrenaline denies it completely, since Killer cant even down back unhooked person. And Freddy gets rekt by Adrenaline especially.

And, no, its should not be so, its plain stupid, cause survivor is not entitled to survive just by passive perk. And, no, NOED is not a counter for Adrenaline, cause it can be destroyed even before it can be activated.

• No1TheLarch
    No1TheLarch Member Posts: 221
    edited April 2019

No Adrenaline is fine, it has a counter: NOED. Also I feel as a killer that if I LET them finish all the gens i deserve to be punished. All removing the heal on hook does is make it easier for (freddy lets say) to tunnel someone off the hook they have been camping. Now Mettle of Man, on the other-hand, needs to be addressed.

@MhhBurgers No the reason they dont heal and genrush is you are a legion main so why bother healing against a legion when they will just frenzy and hit you anyways? Just run NOED if you have a problem with adrenaline. EZ fix. Or like most of the rest good killers run Hex:ruin and kill them before they finish the gens. Also simple, but not easy as it requires you to be good at killer.

@not_Queef No NOED is the most crutch perk after DS. Countering Adrenline is simple, just play nurse and kill them before the finish the gens! Its sad to see my fellow killer mains so entitled about survivor perks that they complain about DS and Adrenline when they could just play irrihead huntress or ruin thrill, noed 3 blink nurse with range and win games super easily. You know who doesnt care about survivors getting healed on unhook? Instasawbilly! #gitgud

• bendermac

Who wants to play only Nurse, Huntress insta or Billy? Those are not counters. NOED isn't a counter for Adrenaline.

Adrenaline shouldn't give you full health back when you're hooked and the final gen is done.

Also if Survivors manage to get to the 5th gen, it doesn't mean the Killer is bad. Against organised SWF gens can pop in a matter of minutes. Why do you think the term "Gen-Rush" exist? It's because of that.

Ruin is nothing that guarantees not to be gen rushed. Ruin can stay up long, sure. But it's a big CAN. It's mostly gone in the 1st minute of the trial.

Adrenaline needs to be tweaked. Period!

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Adrenaline is an example of a perk that was ok before becoming meta but once it did people wanted it nerfed.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

I don't think adrenaline needs a nerf... i think that others perks needs a buff because they are just useless.

Why there is something called meta? Its simple, people are using it because its better than other things... yea, you can nerf it but then there will be another meta... The best solution imo is to buff perks in such a way that they won't destroy the game but used together they are just good as current meta.

Right now i see there is only 1 real meta for both killers and survivors, so changing it into another meta won't fix an issue which is: In all games people are using the exact same stuff.

So devs shouldnt nerf perks like adrenaline, spirit fury... they have to make more perks better (in many cases even just viable), maybe even perks buffs when used with different perk.

Do not make me say how many perks are just useless.

• bendermac

It does a need a nerf and only for the part when you are hooked. Why should you get a two benefits for getting caught? It's BS and that's the reason why so many use it.

• stex1000
    stex1000 Member Posts: 1

I think that every update Is a Little Survivor nerf... Adrenaline isn't a great perk beacuse YouTube Need ti survive 5 gens to get a little benefit...if survivors did 5 gens and all totems killers have problem with this perk...but maybe killers did wrong..now killers can close hatch too..i think that killers have more powefull perks than survirors..plaing Survivor Is more diffcult ti play killer in my opinion beacuse if 1 Survivor DC or plaing bad give a serious problem with all other survivors (see BBQ &chili for ex). Adrenaline isn't a super perk.. survivors gas a lot of perk that do nothing good... Adrenaline Is "meh"... Adrenaline needs too much conditions

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406

Isn't the big counter to this NOED? The healed health state is irrelevant if you have that.

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183

You don't get benefits for being caught, you get benefits because survivors finished all the. gens

@Bithard What's more, haste effect from NOED makes sprint from adrenaline much less effective.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939

I would make the following balance changes, if I was king.

1) Rework Adrenaline - Remove the instant heal, keep the speed increase. When it activates, survivors get 80/90/100 seconds of 50% increased action speeds on everything.

2) Out of chase speed increase for killers (with obvious exceptions for Huntress/Nurse/Hillbilly, etc., because that would be OP) - For every 40 seconds not spent in a chase before End Game Collapse/Last Generator Completed, killers get a stacking 5% movement speed buff up to a maximum of 150%, where they get 110% static movement speed for 2 seconds upon start of chase, then back up to their normal speed.

3) Rework chase distance mechanic - Because of change 2), chases should activate upon sight of survivor in killer's POV, adjust emblems, perks, etc. accordingly.

4) Remove chase music entirely - Balance accordingly, make survivors completely silent if they crouch still for 5 seconds, unless within 2m of killer.

5) Remove NOED from the game

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

The proposal is very reasonable. No one should be coming off a hook fully healed and with a huge speedboost. So counterintuitive, and imbalanced. When you're off the hook, you SHOULD be vulnerable. I understand it's necessary to keep the survivor side easier, but it would be enough to either leave the speed boost only, or the healing effect only, after a rescue.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if the perk would not work at all if you're hooked when the last gen pops, but I guess that would make too many survivors unhappy, and BHVR cannot risk that. But at least partially wasted? Why not? Think about Deliverance: a perk that comes with a risk of being completely wasted if hooked first, AND even if it's working, it comes with a downside. That's balanced. Current Adrenaline is not.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Adrenaline is an anti-tunneling end game perk. Most of the time it is wasted slot if you aren't injured or being chased when the last gen pops, but if you are then it shines. Like most perks that actually do something, killers complain about a perk that actually improves the chance to survive. You should not be trying to smack down the guy that just got off the hook anyway because of BT - that's a b**** move. Hit the saver twice instead and put them on the hook.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Adrenaline should work like this

If you are at full health, get a 6-7 second speed boost.

If you are injured, heal. But do not move faster.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited April 2019

The reason people ignore healing just to gens isn't because of adrenaline, its because of the healing nerf a while back, adrenaline just so happens to synergise well with the new meta of ignoring healing.

Healing just takes too long. If someone else heals you even without sloppy that is 16 seconds two people could have gotten on generators or 32 overall or 28.8 if they both worked the same gen. It just isn't worth spending that much generator progress on being healed. The problem isn't adrenaline it's that healing is just too slow to be worth it.

If the killer is running sloppy it only makes the problem even worse.

Look at it this way. If you could forcefully injure yourself to instantly put 32 seconds (40% of a gen) survivors would do that EVERY time. It's practically the same thing as ignoring healing to get gen progress instead.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684

Just remove the speed burst

I'm okay with this

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 906

Adrenaline doesn't need to be nerfed. You run with 3 perks the entire game, that is the downside of having adrenaline. Half the time it doesn't even come into play if you're not hooked/injured in the end. DS has already been nerfed. I think it was fair and much needed, but Adrenaline is not for free. You have to work for it and you'might' not even get to use it.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited May 2019

One simple nerf to Adrenaline its not big but please take the wake up effect off. Its kinda messed up how this perk hurts freddy more then it should.

It can keep its nonesense healing and speed boost (i admit it has its risks taking up a perk slot and the perk can promote survivours playing into a 4/3 man slug but the wake up is just throwing salt in the wound of an already weak killer.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

It's about the only counter to dream world after the gens are done, you cannot use gens anymore and finding someone injured to heal is not reliable as a solo. Freddy will often have everyone asleep for endgame, wait for noed to trigger (cause 99% of them use it), and then just slug away, without threat of adrenaline this would happen every time. I've opened gates while in dream world with remember me, and it takes forever.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

@darktrix

Cough cough it take up a perk slot you play with 3 perks for the rest of the game. You can counter it with small game.

As for dream world its freddy how do you struggle with freddy of all killers he has zero anti loop. The killers a joke. The brief moment hes actually strong you want to take that away from him with adrenaline.

It would be ok if it didnt come on top of escaping via self care and gaining a health state and a sprint burst. Besides the problem you have is with noed not freddy.

Which I agree is s nonesense perk but when you stop and think about it noed and adrenaline are very similar in terms of power.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

If you ask survs and killers about remove adrenaline and NOED for the game sure survs are agree and killers disagree. So the op one can't be adrenaline

• tizzi717
    tizzi717 Member Posts: 89

andrenaline don't need any change, it's an and game perk and it's situational, a lot of time is a waste of a perk slot and sometimes can even kill you because if you're already healed and you get adrenaline activate you have no benefit and you get the exhaustion that prevent you from using dead hard lithe ecc

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

no it wont happend the reason they put this way its for those killers that camp the survivor and if he gets save the killer just tunnel the hell of that survivor if you have problems with this perk youre just bad killer

• Frugl1
    Frugl1 Member Posts: 72

So you are arguing that the killer should just go AFK once gates are open, provided he has no NoED?

• Skelly
    Skelly Member Posts: 10

Why do you insist on nerfing Adrenaline when the counter to it literally is to kill all survivors in the trial. Or running NOED. Most killers do that anyways, I don't know why you're so tenacious on nerfing a survivor perk that literally has two counters to.

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846

Nerf DS, Nerf Adrenaline, Nerd Mettle of Man, Nerf Dead Hard, EGC SUCKS for solo survivor. Stop crying. Devs do not listen to baby killer will end the game.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

just stop tunneling and you would have no problem with adrenaline activating when rescued

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

i think these baby killer mains will never be happy until the killers gameplay is as easy as possible and requires no skill, thats probably what they want after every good survivor perk has been nerfed.