Killer Shouldn't Be Able To Close Hatch

124»

Comments

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

Adapt like killers had to with DS & now MoM. If your team got wrecked, you deserve to die. Be THANKFUL the devs held your hand even more by making hatch spawn REGARDLESS!

• liquidlight
    liquidlight Member Posts: 344

That's ridiculous. No single survivor deserves to die because their team sucked. Survivors are individuals, not a unit (though they can act like one but that changes nothing). And you can't adapt to some situations because they're basically impossible to overcome.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

@liquidlight what is the point of your video? Explain

• brazenwolf
    brazenwolf Member Posts: 3

Something tells me you dont understand how an assymetrical game works, its a 1v4 game not 1v1, if you get down to 1v1 before your objectives are complete then sorry to say but you lost accept that fact and take the shot at a hail mary play in the egc, its supposed to be a tense event with the odds stacked against you, a literal one last chance to escape, not a free escape handed to you for your TEAM losing.

Also mind enlightening me how your suggestion is not a free escape? If i am playing killer in a world where your changes happened, how do i get that 4th kill? Ok i found the hatch first and a brief look around revealed no survivor, it only takes 20 seconds to open the doors unless the hatch and doors all spawned together i probably have time to check 1 of the 2 doors before he gets a door open, so a coin flip pick right i maybe win if he doesnt also know where the hatch is and has no pallets left, but if i pick wrong then he escapes, or he takes the hatch right after i left cause without aura reading/wall hacks he could be hanging out near the hatch (assuming that im not running whispers). I guess i could camp the hatch in a vain hope that they didnt just run to a gate but most likely result of that is it looping back to the first scenario, at some point the survivor went to a door i have to pick one, only difference is if i pick right there is less time on the timer for him to run back to hatch....

• moonlunn
    moonlunn Member Posts: 170

I wouldn’t mind them being able to if it wasn’t impossible to reopen without a key

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

"Not a single survivor deserves to die because their team sucked." If your team sucked, you are probably going to die. This is literally the opposite of what hatch was like before EGC. Killers being denied their rightful kill. I already said what hatch is meant to be.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

You failed twice, so that means you take your punishment kindly

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580

In the video, you would have made it out if you was against any other killer, just seems like bad luck.

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358

As survivor I found the hatch before the killer once, and then the last survivor apart from me was downed. I made it to the hatch, only because I already knew where it was and was fairly close to it. In any situation where the hatch hasn't spawned yet, I've yet to see a survivor find it first.

• Sonic249
    Sonic249 Member Posts: 9

Ok that guy who said disable hatch closing but keep timer you're spot on. I'm not a get on the Internet and complain guy. I'm too lazy to even report bugs but the update to this game is agregious. I dont know why the delevploer is going out their way to ruin this game. I am a above average survivor. Idk how many times I get stuck with ######### partners who die almost immediately because one guy gets hooked then they all forgot the object is to escape. So they go try and help then end up getting down and I'm the last man around. If you dont have a key you have 0 chance to win if the killer closes the hatch. You will never be able to open a door in time. Its truly not fair. I shouldnt be penalized because of poor play of others. Disable hatch close & leave the timer. Otherwise this is a pointless game and people will eventually quit

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

Oh well, no one wants a 20 minute hatch standoff ever again.

Learn to hide while the terror radius comes and goes when you're near the gate and start opening it as soon as you see him leave to the next.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951
    edited May 2019

EGC heavily favors the Killer, they can easily find Hatch due to speed and freedom to move about aggressively. They see the Exit Gate icon highlighted in perpetuity, often both are so close anyway. Why not highlight it for a few seconds and then vanish? That would provide at least some opportunity for a Survivor to Escape and the Killer to do something other than patrol all the map auras. People take about holding hands? Seeing Auras all game is exactly that.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

I play both sides and the stuff about doors spawning close is exaggerated greatly. Survivors just want easy escapes.

If my team and I fail to do gens, and killer finds hatch, and the doors are too close together, then gg killer.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

I think how he described it you could still grab the survivor. And since the EGC timer is running, a potantional "standoff" would last 3 minutes at most.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

I think his goal was to create a 3rd spot to patrol: 2 gates + hatch, which gives the survivors a better chance. Once spottet it's gg anyway, survivor can't do much but confuse the killer a bit and jump in

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

literally why was this even a topic. Survivors don't need ANY more hand holding in this game

• luckyhall
    luckyhall Member Posts: 2

Itd be better if the killer closed the hatch and the gates had an cut the opening time by some this way the survivor actually had a chance and the killer isnt guaranteed a win, I'm a killer main and I win every time I close hatch, it just isnt fair

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

but how much if the door is 10 sec survivors will camp it can leave. 15 is good i think.

066 Member Posts: 23

Whispers...

• Faceless
    Faceless Member Posts: 121

i agree

because the killer have a total control of map.

• Hozh
    Hozh Member Posts: 84

Strongly disagree, don't know what you are expecting from the game, plus suspense still hits me,

I knew where the hatch was in one map so I waited, all of my buddies left already, I went to the hatch and it was closed, had to run against time and my heart was beating as if I was the one running (great feeling)

2 example, my buddies left via the gate again, I was able to get at one however it was the one closed, I tried to opened but premonition alerted me of the killer, so I went away however the timer was about to end, literally 10 seconds, I kept on running to the opened gate however I wasnt going to make it, while I was running I heard the hatch and made it thru

3, suspense, nothing worst than being the last survivor alive and having to open either of the two gates, its basically I bet against the killer's choice, had to hold the engine to its completion while looking at the killer coming and then barely got away

• luckyhall
    luckyhall Member Posts: 2

I'd say somewhere between I'd say about 12 to 14 seconds

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

How is RNG impossible? I play nurse and spirit and it’s still 50/50 on whether or not i find the hatch first, worse if it was a close game where the hatch has already spawned and the survivors know about it. The endgame mechanics could be better, but they are in a much better place than they were with the dreadful hatch standoffs.

• WolfPad06
    WolfPad06 Member Posts: 182

There is so much in this thread I cannot address all of it, but here's my general 2 cents:

-Although individual units, survivors are a TEAM. If the team does poorly, you should only survive with a super clutch play or a huge blunder from the killer. Ergo, you'll die 99% of the time, as is proper.

-All points or arguments based on using certain perks, items or add-ons are invalid, we need to talk balance on a vanilla level first.

-OP, your proposed solution changes absolutely nothing. Let me explain:

>If the killer cannot close the hatch but finds it first, they have to guard 3 exit points for 2 minutes with no room for error or the survivor has an easy escape. This is pre EGC all over again with the added benefit for survivor that no gen needed to be done for hatch to spawn and open.

>Assuming the timer triggers when one survivor is left, killer cannot close hatch but can grab you off of it. What exactly is your plan as survivor to escape? The killer has to unnecessarily wait for 2 minutes while making sure to be close enough to you to grab from the hatch or gate without hitting you and letting you jump on the hatch. How is that more fun/engaging/fair?

What you propose is the bastard child of pre-EGC and post-EGC were either we have standoffs again, the survivor gets an easy escape or the killer is forced to wait 2 minutes for his kill anyway for no other reason than petulance from a survivor.

I'm sorry that even though most people are trying to explain to you why your argument is flawed, you refuse to be open minded and perhaps accept your initial thoughts were not correct. We understand what you are saying, we see how it can seem unfair to you, but we're also giving valid and solid counter-arguments that you just flat out ignore/dismiss.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

i mean its unfair either way. if the killer closes the hatch theres no way to escape. if the hatch is open the survivor can just m1 spam.

• VicThor
    VicThor Member Posts: 347

I agree! There should a better gate spawning. Having survivor 3 escape chance is just too much. In addition the survivor can still mindgame the killer with the gate, because the killer have to decide which gate protect more.

• Chchchcheryl
    Chchchcheryl Member Posts: 1,531

I dunno smells kind of entitled to me?

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    edited January 2021

who resurrected this gem from May of 2019

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319

"Killer shouldn't be able to close hatch."

"Survivor shouldn't be able to get a match in any less than thirty minutes."

• Lazerboy88
    Lazerboy88 Member Posts: 517

Oh im sorry, is the killer suppose to be fair to survivors? Should the last survivor alive on their team that got destroyed be given a fair chance to escape? No. The killer was given the option to close hatch to avoid the dreaded hatch stand off and to be able to start the end game collapse, yes it can be difficult to escape but it is possible. If the hatch wasn’t closable all the survivor had to do was find the hatch and if they see the killer on it, just stay hidden till the killer leaves to check a door, way too stupid. The way it is now is perfect.

• bkn
    bkn Member Posts: 228

who said it needs to be 50/50?

i mean survivors already messed up the main objective

• NotACompPlayer
    NotACompPlayer Member Posts: 193

yoooo urban evasion selfcare meghead saying how the game should work

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

What's with these necro's lately.

This thread is a half year old. Please be respectfull and give it it's deserved rest

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Not even half a year old. It's more than one and a half years old. This was back from the time when EGC first came out.

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

No thank you, this is an extremely ill conceived opinion. Didn't think it out, clearly