Map Reworks & Bloodlust

Vlieger
Vlieger Member Posts: 326

Does anyone think they will make changes to Bloodlust once they start reworking maps to get rid of a lot of the super safe loops, strong vaults, or infinites?

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Good point actually, they'll probably remove it when they done the rework.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

I dislike bloodlust already and hope they look into it with these loop changes, however, bad window setups (such as 2 L T wall structures being right next to each other) would have to be looked into.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Bloodlust is a band aid to help the killer on not-so-well designed maps, so it surely will get removed when the maps are balanced enough.

The thing is, there are only 2 map reworks per year, so I don't see Bloodlust getting removed in the near future.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

Hag kind of needs bloodlust for at least the last survivor remaining. I mean she's top tier and tied for rank S with nurse and spirit, but her power requires setup and with the egc in the game now, it just makes it tougher on her to try catching a survivor unless she gets to the trap door first (then it's gg basically) because by the point egc is active, pallets and hexes will be gone and therefore make it tougher to hunt.

That being said i personally don't have difficulty as such, but I'm just laying out a scenario why bl is actually good for the game and playing devil's advocate

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684

Wait, they'll get rid of bloodlust after map rework?

• BlackReaper
    BlackReaper Member Posts: 134

The main purpose of the map rework is to eliminate the super safe pallets, there is no need to change the bloodlust according to your idea.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

I really hope the Game is the other map they are reworking. They also need to get rid of certain loops like groaning store house and other buildings like that, or at least if they have the OP windows spawn there needs to be an opening for the killer to go through nearby.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

Rip bloodlust gamers </3

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

We will get only 2 maps rework so i doubt..

Probably in the future

• Vlieger

@Peanits @not_Queen

Is this something BHVR is taking into account for the map reworks? It seems like if only a couple maps are getting reworked at a time BL will become a lot stronger for those maps if it is kept around.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531

We are considering it, but unfortunately we don't have anything set in stone just yet. If we were to do that, we would need to make sure that it's never needed on any map first. Disabling it only on the maps with no strong loops wouldn't really be an option since that would be incredibly confusing for people who don't know exactly which maps it works on.

• Vlieger

Understandable. I agree it would be too confusing to have it only on for certain maps. Glad to know you all are thinking about it though.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

It frankly just doesn't matter if it's removed or not. On utterly abusive maps like Haddonfield you can't keep LOS long enough for it to build anyway, and in most other cases where you can build bloodlust you have to break a pallet anyway and it's gone. It just doesn't even feel like it functions for the situation it was designed to band aid anyway.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Peanits You'll have to rework ALL the maps and ALL their variants, properly playtest them and such, before you could even consider removing Bloodlust.