Do you agree that both sides are equally toxic?

124»

Comments

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Both sides have the ability to be toxic. But only survivors are consistent and legion. End of narrative.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

I agree that there are five players in every game and each has the potential for being toxic.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

survivor is way more toxic. 1 person versing 4 clowns in voice chat

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

I've played plenty of both sides to know... both sides are toxic. Anyone trying to defend their side is bias. Though who needs to point that out to those people, it's already clear as day.

I have had Killers make death threats to me, I have had Killers rage quit when certain maps load or their totem is destroyed or gates are powers or they ate a pallet stun, I have had Killers intentionally make people bleed out to death instead of ending the game with a hook, I've had Killers work with a Survivor to kill the others off, I've had Killers smacking people on the hook merely cause they played a certain Survivor and boast about it post game, and I've seen plenty of GG EZ type post games from Killers as well.

I have also had threats from Survivors, plenty of rage quits when they go down, I've had matches stalled cause Survivors refused to leave without tea bagging first (before end game), I've had Survivors sand bag me/others or farm people on hooks, I've had Survivors that intentionally lead Killers to others, and I've had plenty of Survivors even attacking other Survivors in post game chat for not saving/doing enough.

But one thing I do want to note, is that how I play... I often don't get attacked as a Killer cause I don't camp/tunnel. Even if I 4K, I'm usually met with silence or gg's/you scared me type stuff. And usually the only attacks from Killers I get when I'm Survivor are when they are baiting for salt or are upset they didn't get the 4K especially when they used a Ebony Mori.

So some people just need to rethink if they get salty players all the time... maybe they are part of the issue themselves.Though i will say whenever I use Urban Evasion... I tend to get hate from both the Survivors and Killer even if I did all the gens that got done and made saves. There's a very... negative outlook on UE.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Both sides can be and are equally toxic. End of narrative.

• Paladin_Goo
    Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287

The correct answer is "hell yes".

No, there are only disproportionately MORE survivors than killers overall. Averages out, the toxicity is 100% even. Stop being biased.

• Paladin_Goo
    Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287

The stench of bias in this thread. Everyone's getting their dicks out here.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

Both sides can be toxic, but survivors tend to have the upper hand on toxicity since they have the tools to make up for any poor decisions they may make.

SWF, certain perks (stacked with one another), purple flashlights (i must stress purple because the other flashlights aren't too good wothout crazy add-ons), hell even suiciding and DCing if they just wanna say screw you to the killer.

And let's be honest for a sec, a lot of killer's toxicity stems from the survivor's toxicity. "Why is he facecamping me?" Well there's three options.

He's ensuring a last minute kill,

the rest of your team is buzzing around the hook like flies to rotten meat,

or maybe because you teabagged at every pallet.

• raquelambersantiago
    raquelambersantiago Member Posts: 373
    edited June 2019

That depends on your view of toxic. Generally I see more toxicity from survivors in the end game chat in game it actually varies and really depends on peoples playstyles.

The MAJORITY of my in game or end game screenshots do not come from bugs they come from end chat survivors being toxic to killer and each other everything from hate to raceist comments to the ever famous ######### comments. IT gets pretty bad.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

I disagree, sadly. While both sides can troll and be ######### to each other during a match, there's a notorious imbalance on what lengths will they go after the match ends.

Survivors in this game are the reason I restricted my messages to "Friends only" and removed the ability to receive friend requests on PS4.

I've received ZERO rude texts from killers in almost 2 years of playing the game, while at the same time I received hundreds of text insults, party chat invitation spamming, friend requests with additional texts, etc. from salty survivors.

I had to clear my inbox several times to keep track of my real friends' texts, and it holds up to 150 conversations.

I once received over 100 party chat invitations during a SWF match after I killed the first guy. That's the only time I've ever reported anyone to PSN.

I've found blocking everyone is the best way to not participate in the turd flinging.

• Lyrical
    Lyrical Member Posts: 6

It is very possible to not continue the toxic cycle. I am a survivor main and i don't act like a fool because i lost. It's a game if you need to get that upset over it then maybe it's time to stop. There is really no need to be nasty to anyone on either side.

The solution is simple, If you don't like how someone played Block them. Yes it's that simple. I have blocked survivor and killer alike. It really is the best solution and it negates all negativity.

As for the original question posted, Yes i experience toxic behavior on both sides. I do believe it is more survivor sided as it is 4 survivors in every game versus one killer so naturally you'll find more survivors acting that way.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Both sides can be equally toxic. But only survivors love to create whole novels of messages to go with their toxicity. End of narrative.

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699

This narrative will never end, because people will always continue on it, even when it should have ended already. Continuation of narrative.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

I can only say that the side you find me playing on surely is ;-)

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Of course he didn't answer because he won the thiccness contest.

• Survivors are more toxic than killers. I've invested over 2k hours in this game and I remember when I first started to hit the high ranks as a survivor.. Oh my lord.. The killer could play how a survivor wanted and still be ######### talked.. Even when I played killer, EVERY GAME, there would be bm and ######### talking in the chat even if I just said "GG". When I first started to play this game, my profile was public.. Lol, not anymore! Survivors are the toxic ones. Yes, they're toxic killers that sprinkle here and there but it would never compared to the flood of salty and toxic survivors. Who do you think inspired the dc bans? The survivors dcing as soon as they're hooked NON STOP.