[Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2019
    Options

I'm not talking about spinning around lel, i'm talking about this:

just a lil extra for his voice and design

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

You really don't get it do you? You're too damn stubborn to realize. I can tell you play killer and killer exclusively. You've never gone against Legion yourself and you've made that clear the minute you've started this.

I'm just gonna leave it here, realize that there are some video's of people running around killers like Michael or just any M1 killer right? Even Huntress? But finding a video of some body running around a Legion for 5 gens? I can tell you right now it probably doesn't exist. So keep believing what you want to believe, this is why I'm not as active on the forums, discussions like this man.

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2019
    Options

I GOT IT: just like in the spotlight, he can only miss up to 2 times. That would BE ######### amazing. HIS VOICE IS GODDAMN BEAUTIFUL. I NEED TO HEAR MORE BUT I CANT FIND THE SOUND CLIPS.

btw the limit resets when you hit a survivor not afflicted with deep wounds it would only make sense since he resets his power gauge

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042
    Options

Because they want to defend their precious looping, that's all they care about.

It makes them feel powerful, the hero of the story "I shall best the beast for my team".

This is the only core problem, if looping was slain when it was discovered we would have a much healthier game, a game where 1/4 of a team is worth 1/4 of a team and not worth roughly the same of the single power role.

The excuse is always the same, no counterplay... well you ARE NOT SUPPOSED to have counterplay against the killer!

you are supposed to run and buy some time to your team.

But it's okay for them to loop Bubba around for 5 gens, while there's a frustrated human behind Bubba who is being bullied only because some killer (THE POWER ROLE!!!) have little to none counterplay to looping.

It's not ok for them to have killers who can destroy them in 1 vs 1.

You cannot reason with some survivors, right now they are more powerful and they are lobbying like crazy to keep their upper hand.

Legion was OBVIOUSLY a desperate move from the devs to put an end to looping and then survivors learnt to lobby more and more and they destroyed legion.

Current legion is average at best, it is wraith with a more limited movement speed.

Now they have counterplay because they can loop legion to oblivion, but that's good because now they can be the heroes of the story....

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hey guys, status update on frank's mixtape, it is the best addon legion currently has. So i was bored and i took Frank's Mixtape with Stab Wounds Study to see how it would go. I don't know if it was SWF or Solos. I happened to find a kate denson 15 secs into the game and i hit her with my FF. I moonwalked by going away from her 32 meters, but i was watching her as she mended, because she was at the tractor (corn map). Then i walked to her and tunneled her with my FF. By that time 3 gens were done. I hooked kate denson and then a jake park was hiding nearby so i tunneled him with my FF, except he would mend in front of my face because 20 second power gauge refill. So i waited it, and he dropped a pallet on my face then went to rescue kate denson. I m1'ed both of them. P3 claudette morel comes up in a deadzone, i m1 her twice and then dwight fairfield finishes the last gen. Luckily none of the survivors being slugged had adrenaline, so easily i downed dwight fairfield and waited out the other survivors to die so that no one escapes by hatch. Yes i know it's boring to crawl around, but they did not have adrenaline nor unbreakable and i wanted my 4k, because it's my only game where i would have the possibility of a 4k with frank's mixtape. ez clap. here's post game chat.

edit: ignore my name ty :)

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    Options

you can't say i didn't try

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2019
    Options

The point of my post was to show the sense of entitlement the survivors had, if you were talking about my post

of course this is not all survivors just want to make that all clear

• miaasma
    Options

i didn't read your post

you have people in this thread saying wanting to counterplay a killer is entitlement, so there isn't really a conversation to be had

• [Deleted User]
    Options

true true but this game is also assymmetrical so you can see why people have 1 survivor shouldnt be able to hold off another killer for so long

• miaasma
    Options

why not, if the killer isn't good and the survivor is?

i consider myself a decent survivor, but i'll never run a good killer around for especially long provided the map doesn't deliver me a broken setup, and i'm comfortable with this because the person i'm against is good at the game and knows how to outplay me

a killer can (and should) eventually catch a survivor, but the survivor's skill should influence how quickly that happens. pre-patch legion disregarded survivors' skill levels and downed everyone regardless of what they did. people are saying that this is okay because killers are supposed to eventually down survivors, missing the point entirely

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Big question: 50% of remaining power bar or 5 seconds? It'd be stupid if 5 seconds entirely because most of the gauge already goes away by the time you get to survivor and it would be useful only for the first target. But when you do 50% of remaining it can be spammed from full power gauge for boost speed. It should just be 2 missed attack limit with no effect on the power gauge. This way legion can't spam hits to get to the killer instinct target while having the ability to miss twice for lag or fun.

• Frozenscum
    Frozenscum Member Posts: 393
    Options

@OKUL_COCUGU

It is 50% of remaining bar, but it is 2 missed hits allowed only. Bar depletes completely on second miss. I just didnt explained it correctly.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Sounds good to me, love it but unfortunately infamous devs probably won't care

• Odimm
    Odimm Member Posts: 33
    Options

Well, we still complain about gen rushing & repairs while injured. Why? Because Legion can't do anything to prevent experienced survivors from doing these things. Why? Because someone thought it would be a great idea to prevent deep wounds from ticking while in Legions terror radius. He gets looped easily while the swf group finishes the gens around the area without even mending - fun and balanced gameplay which could actually be fixed by changing a few little details.

There are a lot of good suggestions all over the forums, BHVR just needs to pay attention...

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Three hits to down, but it required zero skill unlike the nurse and legion was able to completely ignore defenses unlike spirit who cannot go through them.

(I will agree that prayers beads are very strong, but I think just the rarity needs to be swapped with father's glasses)

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    Options

Imo, they need to do something more because his current state is boring and unenjoyable to me

• heavendog
    heavendog Member Posts: 35
    Options

Heck legion. He's not overpowered but I still don't know how to counter him so obviously he's my least favorite killer in the game.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    Options

They need to improve him more, seriously!

• NullSp3c
    NullSp3c Member Posts: 765
    Options

It would be a better idea to fix the spamming of the lunge while in Feral Frenzy by just simply making that you can't lunge while in Feral Frenzy but you don't lose the power. Because the normal attack gives you just a really really small range so it doesn't help in the distance.

In the moonwalking exploit i would simply make it that the DW timer doesn't go down within 20 meters and not like devs made it (inside of a giant 32 meter TR). It counters the ability itself and doesn't make any sense. For survivors not exploiting the 20 meter distance, survivors shouldn't be able to do other actions than chasing actions (equal to tier 3 madness).

And imo the worst change of all was the change that you need to have the entire gauge to activate the power and that's BS cause you need to wait ######### 20 seconds so you can use your 5.00m/s running power.

I honestly think that they should've given the power more speed and not more duration because with the duration survivors even have time to teabag in front of you and still not get hit. While with the speed buff they hould have a much shorter window to ract and that is a really sweet thing to do and the counterpart of the speed buff is that is hard to control high movement speed.

The fact that killers can't see the mend timer go down is just bullshit and doesn't make any sense having in mind that there is a 32 meter radius that stops it from going down (same applies to the 20 meter range that i propposed).

Why removing blood pools while in feral frenzy? The argument was that Legion had a lot of information to see where the survivor ran to. How about nurse that also goes into fatigue but can still see scratch marks and blood pools and doesn't suffer a 4 second cooldown? How about spirit that can't see both BUT can be ######### INVISIBLE?

I won't even talk about the vaulting speeds that are just obnoxious having in mind that the legion vaults really far away so a survivor can just go back and you can't hit him 70% of times.

The add-ons "changes" were just the most and pure manifestation of lazyness from a game developers that i have ever seen.

Developers mind: "So we are removing the Deep Wounds reduction with feral frenzy hits and also remove the vision from the Deep Wound progress timer, let's maintain two PURPLE add-ons that "help" that removed mechanic,yeah, that seems nice!"

If frank's mixtape was that much of a problem they could have 3 options:

1. The normal number of stabs to reduce the mend timer to 0 would be increased to 5 from 4 (WITHOUT FRANK'S MIXTAPE). Then, Frank's Mixtape would reduce that number of stabs from 5 to 4.
    2. Simply change the add-on and stab wounds study that does almost the same thing and, frankly, was already horrible.
    3. Swap it with fuming mixtape having in mind that fuming mixtape was one of his old worst add-ons and deserves to be more a PURPLE add-on than Frank's Mixtape.

The Pin's are another manifestation of pure lazyness and they say it all by themselves.

Susie's Mixtape and Never-Sleep Pills and Friendship bracelet are so bad but SO SO bad that you are better without them, basically they hurt you. Seeing that the Feral Frenzy duration is now 10 seconds and they increase the detection range of Killer Instinct by their amounts (usually big) give you false hope that you can catch the survivor because killer instinc doesn't show the range like (e.g. barbecue and chilli) that shows the auras and you are basically leaving a chase to run after a guy that is on the other side of the map. Similar to this is irridescent button BUT that one ables you to instantly break pallets and you know that it affects the entire map so you are more careful with who you chase with FF.

The cooldown ones were nerfed so hard idfk why and because it's more than clear that devs don't play their game, at least enough, to understand some of the mechanics of the game. The 4 second cooldown was intended because legion got buffed to 4.6m/s so it is understandable, not totally, but understandable.

The main fact is that they completely destroyed the killer's fast and agile theme that makes now Legion one of the worst and ,more importantly, one of the least played and most unfun killers.

• NullSp3c
    edited July 2019
    Options

I've spent 30 minutes writing the wrong points about legion but this awesome forum decided to simply clear my comment so here's a sum up.

The stab spam while in feral frenzy only gives you extra distance when you lunge so they should make it that you can only normal attack while in feral frenzy. Doesn't remove the satisfying spam and doesn't let you exploit it.

The vaulting speeds are just BS and i'm not gonna even talk about it cause it is obnoxious and there is a ######### ton of counterplay to it keeping in mind that legion vaults very forward and gives survivor plenty of time to vault back and waste time.

So if BHVR wanted to make so that FF would reach a much wider range, they should, instead of increasing the duration, increase the speed to reach the same range as the duration increase. This gives survivors a lot less time to react and maintains the legion theme of fast and agile killer. The worst part is the change that you can only use the power when the bar is fully charged and it takes 20 seconds to do so. How it was, was useful, not like now.

The legion's add-ons

They were the purest and most manifestation of lazyness that i have ever seen from the devs of a game. They didn't even thought about them.

• Frank's Mixtape and Stab Wounds Study

Developers Mind: "So we removed the legion's possibility to stab people multiple times and actually punish them to do so and then wait 20 seconds to restore the power and you can't see the DW bar dropping then let's maintain 2 PURPLE add-ons that "help" that mechanic one of them already being really bad, yeah... SOUNDS GOOOOOOD!"

• All the pins:

Please...

• Susie's Mixtape, Never-Sleep Pills and Friendship Bracelet:

No. Just no. These simply hurt you.

Let me explain.

These add-ons simply increase the Killer Instinct detection range and the first 2 increase by a lot. The problem is that Killer Instinct isn't like aura reading tools so it doesn't show the distance that the survivor is and you actually play worse with them than without them because the power only has 10 seconds duration default and you can miss a really important chase to go after some guy that is on the other side of the map but you don't know because killer instinct doesn't show you the range.

Why are these different from irridescent button? Well... Iridescent button let's you break pallets when you vault them and you know the exact range of killer instinct with irridescent button since it is map wide and, with that in mind, you are more careful with your decisions when swapping between survivors.

• Cooldown add-ons:

Nerfed to the ground idfk why but it is clear that the devs don't think when they make changes so they should simply let them be as they were keeping in mind that they increased the fatigue time because of the base m/s buff.

To solve the moonwalk exploit the mend timer should only stop when the survivor was within a 20 meter RANGE not TERROR RADIUS because it counters itself and can be changed by perks like Distressing. The survivors can't exploit it (because they are mending and maybe... ABOUT TO BLEED OUT TO DEATH) if it doesn't let the survivors make any actions that aren't chase action (exactly like tier 3 madness) so they are forced to mend.

The fact that you can't see blood pools while in FF is BS because they said it was to much information to show. Legion already has a blurred vision when fatiguing. While nurse can even see scratch marks. Spirit can't see both either BUT she is ######### INVISIBLE.

Basically they just nerfed legion and removed their thematic of fast and agile killer. Making it both unfun to play and REALLY weak.

Post edited by NullSp3c on
  • NullSp3c
    Options

In the Frank's Mixtape topic, i forgot to metion that they have 3 solutions if it was so OP as people cry about.

The solutions are:

1. They can simply completely change it and Stab Wounds Study that was one of the worst old Legion add-ons.
    2. Swap the rarity with Fuming Mixtape because, let's be honest, Fuming Mixtape deserves the PURPLE rairty A LOT more than Frank's mixtape so Frank's Mixtape is harder to find in the bloodweb and more rare to face and play as.
    3. Change the number of stabs that are needed to reduce de DW timer to 0 from 4 to 5 (WITHOUT MIXTAPE) and then Frank's Mixtape would reduce it from 5 to 4.

OR 2 and 3 together.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

they are not fixing legion. It's the harsh truth. You can tell by Almo's response, they want to remove legion without literally doing it.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    Options

They would pay a high price if this is true.

Maybe the voice of that Legion hater minority if more important to them, as the voice of Legion mains and the voice of skilled survivors, but... You know?

Every day, someone tells the story how payed content got turned into... the Legion of today by the devs of dbd. Not to mention the people that buy the Legion dlc because of the advertisement video (like me in the past) and tell then their friends that nothing in the advertisement is true...

It's maybe forgetable on a daily bases, but summed up on a monthly bases... I bet that is some amount of cash they lost, because their skins got not more bought by pre patch Legions and not to mention that less people buy the game because of all that real life talk^^.

From a logical point of view, they have look again into the Legion patch to undone at least a few things.

The only question is: How many time and money are they willing to lost until they take a look again at it?

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Till soon. If Hide or die or Last YEar releases and they both destroy thiss game.

• NullSp3c
    Options

Yeah, pretty much like RIOT GAMES in the past they said they were listening to the community but they didn't and that made the biggest game of all time lose almost half of their player base. Now imagine how these devs attitude is gonna affect dead by daylight when there are games of the same type competing to which one makes the most money and has the most players and more fun.

They are releasing a dev update on July 5th and I'm looking forward to it without too much expectation to see if they change something about Legion.

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2019
    Options

Oh and also the fact that during free weekend they've got 50K more peak players but only got 1k-2k more average players after it. It's obvious they don't know what they are doing, and probably don't even play the game at a higher rank level. They only care about fun and advantages for survivors, and when a killer is fun instantly goes to be viable at green-maybe purple- ranks (excluding the top 5). If they help survivors THIS much with the perks and 3rd person advantage and such, then there shouldn't be any survivors saying that the game is unfair and boring, right? No matter what they do Solo Survivors are still weak if randoms suck, and they can't fix this without removing SWF, aka the casual squad or the depip squad. The game is just bad and almost as if it is unfinished with the never ending bugs and poor balance choices. At the same time, there are still some ignorant Survivors saying "Every killer wants a 4k and they are op." Unfortunately devs see it from those ignorant Survivors minds so far unless the forum goes crazy about a perk.

In every other assymetrical game, the killer is powerful and the game itself is not badly designed. For example, in F13 every survivor is on their own for escaping, but there can still be teamwork. Every survivor has only 1 life unless they've got a pocket knife (AKA DS.) Decisive Strike isn't op in F13 because everyone has 1 chance. Get grabbed by Jason, youre outta the game. But, the fact there are 8 Survivors and a lot of ways to win the game, it is balanced. Not to mention Survivors can fight off Jason AND sometimes run away from him to make distance but can't keep him looped for the whole round because they have stamina and Jason can run forever and shift around the map like a Spirit or teleport in the map.

Another example, Last Year has 5 survivors and each one can defend themselves simply by running because they are the same speed as the killer, but at the same time Killer can go invisible and high speed, put traps and can spawn in front of survivors. Last Year doesn't have TOO MANY SIGNIFICANT balance issues because Survivors can communicate with each other, SWF or Solo, and as a team they are very hard to cripple but it is possible to do so with each killer, although hard. Now in Last Year survivors also have infinite lives but the death timer increases every time they die, and they have to be rescued which the killer can also play around. Basically in Last Year killer doesn't try to kill but rather waste survivors time because of the time limit. Also the fact that when the gate is open there is a timer of 60 seconds that does not stop or slow down even when a survivor is dead. I'm not going anymore deeper into the game, but what i'm trying to say is that both of these games are designed in a way that is possible to execute.

It surely is possible that DBD can also be executed perfectly and balanced, but the devs are so ignorant to even care. So many second chance perks as if the 3 hook and looping mechanic isn't enough. I'm not blaming survivors for looping; i am blaming the devs for making it too easy to track a survivor, especially with bloodhound. And naturally, they will release a killer who can run faster and vault pallets, but also get nerfed and basically removed from the game because Survivors are not used to it (which they should be considerING NURSE AND SPIRIT). Legion was so easy to counter, just had to genrush and that's it. Which brings me to the escape mechanic. 5 gens, each one done in 80 seconds without co-op or toolboxes or addons, which is the usual time for a standard m1 killer to finish downing someone and hooking them AT high ranks. Sometimes this is longer and sometimes this is impossible (infinites and so many safe loops.) I'm happy they're starting to rework the maps so there are less safe loops, but i'm afraid this will bring more pallets and survivors can go through pallets by the time gens are done.

Anyway, think about it, 80 seconds to hook a survivor. Meanwhile the other 3 are doing gens and probably finished 3 gens by then. Now let's assume that Killer found another survivor shortly after hooking. Another 80 seconds. 2 survivors are busy, 1 being chased 1 on the hook. Unluckily, the survivor on the hook is taking a long time going into stage 2, and by the time killer gets the second down, the first survivor is unhooked. It's back to the beginning. By this time gens are most likely done and exit gates are being opened. The killer has to camp the survivor on the hook. Assuming they are not HB or LF, survivors use BT and exhaustion perk and body blocking AND decisive strike to escape ez. Now it surely doesn't help that the EGC timer can be denied by 99% exit gate, but that doesn't really matter because EGC timer slows down while a survivor is hooked for some reason. The only reason EGC is there is to stop holding the game hostage, and it's pretty sad that they still have the idea that all survivors should escape at red ranks (again no nurse HB spirit hag or huntress) and 2 survivors should escape at green ranks (the majority).

All of these are still not enough for the ######### casual players and they allow the hatch to spawn when the last survivor is alive or gens are done. ######### stupid a single key can guarantee the escape of a squad if the killer is wining righteously. All of these would be fine if there was a ranked mode and casual mode difference or devs took the advice of every other good game and balanced around high ranks.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • miaasma
    Options

imagine thinking anyone is reading that enormous text wall

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I'll edit it for you, but you are not obliged to read and i'll give you the tl;dr devs suck at balancing the game.

• Talmeer
    Options

Uh, I thought Last Year would be epic store exclusive. If it also comes out on steam, I give it a try.

My problem with f13 is, that it only contains 1 killer - far as I know and there has dbd cleary a advantage. I just wish they would use this advantage, instead of wasting it, like with the Legion patch.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

DBD also lets you choose your side. BTW Last Year is going to go on Steam, check it's website. Epic Games is a trap for any game dev. People can't trust Epic Games because of the rumors.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

That's a way to warn devs of their ignorance. It is also the only way; it seems like the money is what drives them. I'm just waiting for a competitor to rise again.

• Talmeer
    Options

Before the Legion patch I had plan to buy the Pig, the greenish skin for the Clown and a new skin for Julie (Legion) and also the Hag (but the hag then with shards. I was around 8.7-8.8k shards at this moment), but the Legion patch news had let go on my alert sirens and so I had wait for the patch, to look if he really goes live this way...

TL:DR He has and I had save some money, because I had then stopped to play the game.

I hope for you Spirit players the best. Even I am not sure where this all is going, since the haters use now the same arguments, that they have use against the Legion, also against the Spirit.

You know... "No counterplay" and "unfun to play against". Hopefully this time the devs realizes that those hater guys are the minority.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

Similar situation here. After Clown and Spirit got released, it made me feel they were going in the right direction. Legion came out. While I didnt buy them, I liked how they played out (without exploits, obviously). I proceeded to purchase some of the auric cell only cosmetics (one for Legion) because I felt they deserved for doing a rather nice job on the previous 3 Killers.

And then it came the Legion rework, then Plague, then MoM. Basically, these 3 things made me had little hope and made up my mind to not spend money until they fix that stuff (they fixed MoM, which was a huge relief, but the fact they thought it was a good idea in the first place perplexes me). I would have kept buying stuff, including chapters and cosmetics. They screwed up a bit with Ghostface as well, but then they made up for it, but I am STILL not convinced.

• NullSp3c
    Options

After reading your comment, i remembered that was some guy on the forum talking to make "Shadowborn" a permanent stat from killers because it feels really better when you play with it and that stops, even if it is just a little, the survivors from exploiting the poor killer vision.

About the chases, i thought it was a really good idea to, pretty much like bloodlust, the survivor won stacks of "hindered" at the same time that the killer got the bloodlust (imo, losing bloodlust stacks when braking a pallet is just BS and never made sense to me but ok) so, this would make that the survivor is easier to catch.

They shouldn't increase the generator repair time or add another gen to complete because it is stupid to hold m1 for so long so,instead, they should add another objective that is pretty simple and can even not make the survivors make risks but something that just wastes their time even a little, like a second objective.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042
    Options

I used to be a very successful Jason hunter in f13, I have over 200 Jason kills just on my channel.

Jason is weak, even with the rage Buff, he is still easy to defeat unfortunately.

If you were to have rage Jason, without the chance of killing him then Jason would be powerful.

Unfortunately also inf13, counsellors lobbied for Jason to be weak. I was one of them before seeing the errors of my way

• Talmeer
    Options

On your channel?

So... You are a YouTuber?

After the devs have finaly come to the right decision (whenever that will be) to undone the patch, someone should make another video on "how to counterplay the Legion".

The more videos like that exist, the higher is the chance that one of that "no counterplay" survivors find a tutorial video. I would be also willing then, to play a survivor for the video footage - if necessary.

Btw. "Contagion" was also a nice asymetric killer&survivor game. It was a nearly perfect "zombie king versus survivors" game, with just one error - for new content in that game, you could wait ages and so it happend what always happend when a game get not enough new content - the playerbase breaks more and more appart.

After the steam comments, only a few are left that play that game. Otherwise it would be a really great tip.

The survivors had there guns and still you were almost afraid when you have seen the zombie king moving in your direction. He had also the ability, to scratch survivors and with it, to turn them sometimes in one of his minions (was funny when you have turn into an zombie between your survivor mates :( ).