Nurse nerf incoming boys!

Options
Skrill0x
Skrill0x Member Posts: 50
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

When asked what Killer they will rework next mathieu vehemently answered nurse. Now Stephan tried to calm everyone by saying „We‘ll rework mainly her addons“. Keyword here being „mainly“. My guess is they will add a cooldown to her power. Probably not unlike spirits who is, mind you, the first and only good killer that has a cooldown.

but what do you think they‘ll do? Maybe just add a stun fx?

Edit: So in conclusion I was right as confirmed by peanits. Nurse power will recieve some „slight“ adjustments. Now whether that means a base range decrease or a charge time decrease, I think its fairly obvious that her base power will recieve a nerf.

Tldr: After 3 years of killers having counterplay to rank 1 swf groups the defs finally decided to change that.

Post edited by Skrill0x on

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

The sky is falling!

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489
    Options

Nerf=buffs when said by the devs, this has been a pretty common thing since the start of the game.

• lindenis
    lindenis Member Posts: 60
    Options

Yaaass nerf her uwu

• switch
    edited July 2019
    Options

50% of what you said there is what i just said.

DS is better now, stronger that has ever been, if you fail to see that is clear that you don't play killer and have no understanding on what a killer does, and why he does the X thing.

Insta flashlights were a bug, never intended in the game, there were fast flashlight, but instant flashlights were a bug, probably you didn't know that, don't blame you.

I don't recall smth about window vaulting..., i still get survivor in my games that do a fast vault from angles where fast vaults shouldn't be a thing around ~50 degree angle, they still get fast vaults.

MOM it was nerfed, thank god should even be in the game in the first place.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
    Options

Watch from 37:20 to 37:40 in the livestream. It was said they would be touching "mostly" add ons. Implying more then just add ons will be adjusted

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    Options

Listen to that bloodlust, ya'll acting like a buncha tunnelers ... lol

• [Deleted User]
    Options

nurse can never be nerfed lol

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

Add on rework hell yeah! I better start burning every omega blink and 5 blink I've got. :v

• Skrill0x
    Skrill0x Member Posts: 50
    Options

at 37:15 in the new stream Stephan says „mainly addons“ I dont know what your definition of „mainly“ is but to me it means they‘ll „mainly“ tweak the addons but also her power.

• switch
    Options

100% ds is better now, maybe not as good as the first ds when all 4 could use it on the go, but better than every single other ds.

The first DS got nerfed very quick within 2-3 months, and now is better than the older version of it when you had to wiggle to 35 to get it.

Don't stress to much i play this game since beta, had reach rank 1 every single season on both sides, and judging by what kind of "nerfs" you listen me, is pretty obvious that you play only 1 side, thats why is hard for you to grasp the DS thing, again i dont blame you, if i didnt play killer i would agree with you.

And of the flashlight subject INSTAST flashlights were a bug, search on youtube whats the difference between INSTANST and FAST flashlight you should find some videos from 2016 with instant and from 2017 with fast.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

I really hope the devs are only going to adjust her add-ons. If her power would get a real cooldown, then she would have to get 110%/115% speed. Also there wouldn't be a killer anymore who would be viable against good groups with strong equipment.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

It literally just pulls achievement data that is being tracked behind the scenes, achievements have definitely been broken before, but of course - the website is just fake, duh.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Good luck. If the devs make her add-ons actually useful, they'll inadvertently buff the strongest killer in the game.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    edited July 2019
    Options

What is the balance target you guys seek when tweaking a killer? Obviously Nurse is crazy powerful in the right hands, but a lot of the killers are seen as weak even when played to their full potential at red ranks. Red rank viability shouldn't be a goal for every killer, but is Spirit a reasonable target? Is the bar a bit lower? Or is it more relative because every killer works differently?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I don't see them changing her base kit. If anything they nerf her SLIGHTLY so that she will need to use white add-ons to be the same as before (but will still be very strong).

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    edited July 2019
    Options

i guess stuff like reduce her base range and then add the range back as addon?

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

So there will be changes to Nurse's base kit. I'm worried that after the changes she won't be playable anymore without add-ons.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

@Peanits said that they gonna slightly change her base kit, so she still should be playable without add-ons, just not as strong as before.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

A small nerf right now is needed. But, once they increase gen times by a bit, she needs much larger nerfs.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options

To be fair those were all extremely good and on their own and didnt require much if any skill. Unlike nurse who needs a good player to be effective. Hell ive been using her nearly every game for two weeeks and still suck. For healing tho that was to give killers more time and didnt they buff healing yourself while downed along with unbreakable.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Seriously, i'm not saying they were bad, I just think it's silly how some people say things without thinking about all the nerfs that have happened this year and pretending they were somehow buffs.

I have no issues with the changes listed, but to say nerfs = buffs with the devs is odd.

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265
    Options

Wait, I thought they said Bubba was next?

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options

We didn't say any of them in particular are next, but he is on the list.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

This seems very unfair to those that have invested countless hours in learning the nurse. All you really need to is make her purple addons useful since you heavily nerfed her years ago and make her range addons so they don't stack.

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265
    Options

Oh, ok. Can't wait for that one. Hope his rework is freddy caliber! Freddy is the perfect example of a decent re-work.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

Man you're going to have a hard time without your 3rd blink

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited July 2019
    Options

"Nurse mains".

Where's that "I'm a Killer main, BTW" meme when you need it...

Nurse with Add-ons is OP, yes, that should be changed, but only that.

Base Nurse is fine. The problem lies not with her, but with Survivors refusing to adapt to her unique playstyle. They are used to be able to use the same old lame strat of pallet looping against literally all other Killers. That is so ingrained in them that they can't divert from it anymore and pay the price for it when facing the one Killer that absolutely requires you to be adaptable in your playstyle in order to succeed.

That to me is no grounds to nerf base Nurse. Survivors will have to learn to adapt to her. Many veteran Survivors still know how to properly play against a Nurse and do quite well against her. The problem with that is that those Survivors get fewer and fewer as time passes and people move on from the game and the few remaining ones are often paired with Survivors that have no idea or only a poor idea on how to play against a Nurse, basically turning the game into a defacto 3v1 or even 2v1 for that veteran Survivor, type of games which we all know are in the Killer's inherent favour, so of course the stats show her being very strong on rank 1.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    edited July 2019
    Options

We have not even said what we are changing yet. The only thing that we've mentioned is that we'll mostly be focusing on the add-ons. The other changes could be very small for all we know.