Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Some new totem spots are BS

Comments

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

I saw it with NOED too. This way trapper always has noed at the end

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Trapper just became a pure M1 killer in that situation... why are you so mad?

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

So one or two survivors keep the Trapper busy with disarming his traps and making him go back to the totem to reset his traps all the time. Meanwhile, the other survivors have all the time in the world to do gens.

Sounds like an easy win for the survivors.

Also, after 3 gens are done, the Trapper will most likely realize that he won't win with this strategy and abandon his totem and go for a chase instead.

• Spaceman94
    Spaceman94 Member Posts: 164

This post is just a survivor main crying because he wants an easy win and has to spend time actually looking for a totem. Grow up and stop complaining.

*Patiently waits for a telling off by a Mod*

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

You are confusing sabotaged for disarm.

Sabotaged traps repair themselves after 3 minutes, or 2:30 with Hangman’s Trick.

Disarmed traps re-arm themselves in 30 seconds, at random.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Survivor handbook rule 457 : If a killer wastes almost all his power to defend a totem, survivors are allowed to report the killer for camping and exploiting and then go on forums and complaining about things nobody cares about.

• The_Werewolf
    The_Werewolf Member Posts: 30

It doesn't exactly do anything about this exact scenario, but if the datamined killer and survivor status conditions are legit, at least survivors will soon be able to know they're affected by a hex as early as possible, in the near future.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

"Trapper traped a totem"

Survivor: This is unfair.

Dude, play Trapper and then get the Doctor Map(Lerrys).

That is unfair.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I really wanna to go against a Trapper that does this so I can keep forcing him to comeback to his trap. Survivors do this to me as Nurse and it works, but since I'm Nurse, I usually get 2 to 3 downs for the price of 1 totem.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

This is survivor entitlement at its finest.

Do gens.

Wait for someone to be picked up and then disarm the trap and cleanse the totem.

Get a toolbox and sabo the traps.

Do gens?

You have these options and more at your disposal. Somehow I doubt you feel like it’s BS when you spawn right by a gen and look right next to it and there’s a hex totem that the killer can’t even defend before you cleanse it.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

I could put this the other way around.

Every killer game I've played for the last two days, my Ruin has been cleansed within the first 30 seconds of the game. They need to improve totem spots because I shouldn't have to play with 3 perks.

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656

Imagine coordination in solo Q, nearly had a laugh but reality is to sad.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Why is it entitled for Killers to want a LITTLE effort from Survivors to completely remove one of their perks?

Sounds like this Trapper sacrificed a lot of extra resources for a totem that can even be ignored.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Ok..takes about 3-5 seconds to disarm a trap, stone only resets them every, 30 seconds?

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Actually, I been getting some great luck with my Ruin placement believe it or not. :)

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302

Totem spawn are more BS on the killer side, trust me. In most of the games you lose hex in first minutes, even in the first chase. So… yeah… As you pointed out, he used 3 traps to protect it. You should have left it and focus on gens because there would be less risk of walking into trap.

• foochill1
    foochill1 Member Posts: 109

No dude, totems are meant to be destroyed. Thats literally their only purpose, what else can a survivor do with a totem.

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Imagine if killers could destroy dead hard or any survivor perk rendering it useless in 30 seconds of start of match? The tears would drown the world.

As a Killer I always second guess bringing hex perks because they almost never last more than a minute or 2. The only perk i would even try to protect like that would be devour hope. And to be fair, there's 2 killers that can even pull off that kind of protection.

As a Survivor, if i can get to a totem great, if not i play the game. Many times, the totem right outside the shack so i dont have to look too hard.

• prayer_survivor

Yes, that's why devs improve totems location, because survivors ask for it. Oh, wait!

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    edited August 2019

I don't see a problem. The trapper was using his traps to defend his totem. The totem spots are fine, and how can you say the totems "aren't meant to" do certain things, if they stay up the whole game so be it, the trapper was defending his totem effectively and yes the counterplay is doing gens if you can't do the totem otherwise, I'm sorry for ya.

• prayer_survivor
    edited August 2019

@MegaWaffle. You forgot NOED. I saw it twice this week. Trapper only need to protect 1 totem, any of them, to gain NOED at the end

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

When I run NOED on Trapper I don’t protect random totems because it makes it obvious

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

Dude come on now what’s I’m reading is a bit silly. You of all people should know worrying about a totem when you could easily work through that shot is a silly

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@foochill1 It's hard to explain but bear with me. Totems are basically an extra ability for Killers but they can be so powerful and oppressive that the Devs decided that Survivors need a way to get rid of that ability, bam totem. So the ability is not MEANT to be destroyed like the Burning Man who is built to be burned down but meant to have a COUNTER which is the ability to destroy the totem.

You're not SUPPOSED to destroy the totem, it isn't required it is a choice. Totems exist so they CAN BE DESTROYED, there is a difference between meant to be destroyed like a Jenga tower and able to be destroyed like a Lego tower.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

If the trapper want to trap his totem let him he wasting his own time.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Dude can you read?

The problem isn't the totem is hidden. The problem is that it's impossible to destroy because he can set 3 traps on it, all of which you MUST disarm before you can do the totem. And if he has Iri Stone then he never has to come back to that totem again.

Also I play both sides. Maybe read and comprehend before you say something ignorant next time 😉

• thesuicidefox

Which I even say in the OP is a problem. But putting totems in these little nooks that are 3 survivor lengths deep and 1 wide is not a good solution. I've seen plenty of great totem spots that are well hidden but not in these tiny nooks.

Look EVERYONE...

The devs fixed totem spawns on LT walls for Macmil and Autohaven maps FOR THIS EXACT REASON! Because a killer like Trapper can set a trap in front of the totem and it's impossible to do the totem without disarming the trap first. This was deemed a problem and thus they fixed it a while ago. But now, with new totem spawns on some maps (eg. little nook of boxes near water tower on Macmil, little nook behind boxes on top of Ironworks, and now several spots on Badham maps) it is a problem again.

I'm not asking for the totems to be easy to find. That's the last thing I want. I'm asking that they aren't positioned such that Trapper can put 3 FLIPPIN traps to completely prevent you from even touching the totem. If he wants to trap the area, or even right in front of the totem fine, but it shouldn't be a requirement to disarm (or in actuality sabo) a trap (let alone 3) to get the totem.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

So 99% last gen and have someone at both gates, congratulations at best that Trapper is getting 1 kill. And if you are playing solo then pop the gen and go to a gate, if you decide to save your team then don't blame the killer when you die.

• Scytere
    Scytere Member Posts: 123

Hahaha. Get trapped noob.

• speedrush27
    speedrush27 Member Posts: 1

I agree that shits dumb, but not uncounterable. You could've always disarmed then Immediately sabotaged it.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

Be funny if that was haunted grounds lol

• thesuicidefox
    edited August 2019

Not possible because the one trap was directly in front of the totem. You would just get caught in it.

Also not possible because you need a toolbox. People act like trap sabo is so easy. Well it is if you have a toolbox. If you don't you can't sabo. And I can't just make a toolbox spawn on command, I even searched a box and got a FL instead. Not to mention if he decides to react to you disarming his trap you're not gonna finish the sabo in time.

Guys these are not realistic solutions. They just aren't. If the totem spawns in one of these nooks and it's a Trapper then he can make it impossible to get the totem. Especially so if they have Iri Stone which is not uncommon at red ranks.

Fact of the matter is that Trapper should not be able to completely lock down a totem spawn like this. Devs removed his ability to do this previously, but then seemed to ignore their own design principle for the sake of making totems "more hidden", which at the end of the day doesn't help anyway against good survivors because you can memorize all the totem spawn locations.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

This /\..... it's been possible for trapper to do this before the hiding spot....

• thesuicidefox

Using 2-3 traps to make it impossible to take out a totem is not really much of a waste.

And no he couldn't do this before. Well he could, but then they changed the objects around those totems so he couldn't, and for the exact reason that it was unfair. So why do these new totems spots ignore that?

• slammizzle
    slammizzle Member Posts: 13

@thesuicidefox why isit such a big thing you couldn't get to it?? I get your frustrated because it's happened to you 3 times but I bet the other 30-40 matches you played around that time (might be more might be less) you didn't come across that problem. I play mainly survivor and I feel sometimes a killers totem should be hard/difficult or even "impossible" to cleanse to offset all the times when their active totem gets found almost as soon as the match starts.

• thesuicidefox

Nothing should be impossible in a game. Unless another player is actively doing something to stop you doing the totem, it shouldn't be impossible.

And it doesn't matter how often you go against something if that something is clearly broken. Old Legion exploiting DW wasn't actually that common, it was the mere fact he could do it that made it the problem.

Again I'm not asking to make totems easy to find. They should be well hidden. But not hidden in such a small nook that Trapper can pull this BS.

Also 30-40 matches? Dude do you have any idea how long that would take. At an average of 10 minutes a game that's like 7 hours of straight gameplay, no lobby wait time included. This happened 3 times in less than that time across a few days.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

The Trapper was actively stopping you by having set up a clever alarm system using his power just the way it was designed.

• thesuicidefox

Setting 3 traps and walking away is not "actively" stopping me. It's passive. He doesn't have to do anything until he hears 3 traps pop. If he has Iri Stone he basically has to do nothing because the traps will reset before you could finish the totem.

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294

I wonder what was the spot that let Trapper put 3 traps to defend it without a chance to pass by them.

I get spots with totem being defendable by 1 trap and I can imagine those defendable by 2, but 3? That leaves me really curious.

• Marcus

Trapper wasted a half of his power just for his Ruin to last the whole match. I think that was a good trade, because now he is mostly a M1 killer which can be gen rushed and looped to hell ( and he could've been anyway even with traps ).

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Setting three traps and reacting to them being disarmed is actively defending a totem, whether you like it or not. Regardless, as I've already pointed out, the whole point of the Trapper is that he can defend areas. You're literally complaining that a killer's power is good at the thing for which it was made.

• prayer_survivor

NOES is any totem active when 5 gens are done. And is indeed more easy, because you can choose the totem you wish. I don't know if could be the same totem for both, but probably yes.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

This isnt impossible to get done.... only if the trappers goal is to not let the totem go, in which case he'll depip because he'll be to busy doing wind sprints across the map and stuck in 1 area protecting the totem..... 1 person pops a trap or 2 and runs across the map leading the trapper away the other goes for the last few traps and starts breaking the totem, trapper comes back chases other away and the first survivor goes for the totem or whatever.... this is more of a punishment to the trapper if anything dude

• Marcus
    edited August 2019

No, the totem for Ruin doesn't become the totem for NOED, you need a dull totem to proc NOED.

This discussion has been closed.