A solution to our lovely little swf problem

KING_DEDE
KING_DEDE Member Posts: 402
how about with a 4 man swf squad you can call in a extra killer or you can inflict the dying state on a survivor from the beginning of the trail

Comments

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

No. just easier
    x2 swf players = x2 perks disable (random)
    x3 swf players = x3 perks disable (random)
    x4 swf players = x4 perks disable

• switch

@TheXenoborg said:

@switch said:
    No. just easier

SWF players can still dominate without perks.

agree they would stii be poweful but not as stupid as swf is right now, give them a drawback something.
    Trust me no metter how much anyone whines they will never remove swf.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@switch said:
    No. just easier

I'm not sure if this will completely fix the issue. Because of voice comms, SWF groups still have access to perks like Bond, Empathy, and Kindred. They just don't need perks spots to use them.

• switch

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@switch said:
    No. just easier

I'm not sure if this will completely fix the issue. Because of voice comms, SWF groups still have access to perks like Bond, Empathy, and Kindred. They just don't need perks spots to use them.

yes but no self care = time waste on getting to others to heal you or being exposed.
    dstrike wouldn't be such a broken perk (this is where dstrike is broken, i dont mind it outside swf)
    sprint burst = no more easy dodge for 1st hit.
    It will help alot trust me.

• KING_DEDE
    Maybe they could introduce a new mode called kill with friends
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

Replace Survivors with AI.

No more whine threads E.Z.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

If the killer doesn't DC he gets 4 kills no matter what. This will make all of the bad killers feel better about themselves....Well at least at DBD.

• fcc2014

@KING_DEDE off topic but did you ever buy Chia Pet Hag?

• KING_DEDE
    fcc2014 said:

@KING_DEDE off topic but did you ever buy Chia Pet Hag?

No still saving up for doctor in a suit
  • fcc2014

I haven't seen many Killer cosmetics and have seen just low tier outfits on survivors seen the store opened. How about you?

• KING_DEDE
    fcc2014 said:

I haven't seen many Killer cosmetics and have seen just low tier outfits on survivors seen the store opened. How about you?

I’ve seen one plant hag 
  • fcc2014
    edited July 2018

@TheXenoborg said:

Force SWF survivors to play with an AI killer. All problems fixed.

Are you a killer main? If swf is removed better start playing as survivor if you want a lobby. Competition for Killer lobbies will be fierce. Of course you could always wait and play Identity V on your mobile device while you wait.

• fcc2014

@KING_DEDE said:

I’ve seen one plant hag 

I've seen the Huntress with the head piece, and two black dress nurses and that has been it so far.

• fcc2014

@TheXenoborg said:

Technically a survivor main since 99% of my games are survivor. I rarely play killer. I also don't want SWF to be removed since I'm one of the people who actually wanted a mode like this back in 2016.

So why remove them from the lobby pool to play against AI. I think the trolls might like that but it would hurt the game long term.

• Visionmaker
    edited July 2018

@TheXenoborg said:

@Visionmaker said:
    Replace Survivors with AI.

No more whine threads E.Z.

Force SWF survivors to play with an AI killer. All problems fixed.

I'd be down with that lmao

Take out every player that plays with friends in the game and put them in an AI queue. I don't want ever to play with whiny, toxic players, and I don't really care if there is a player chasing us or an AI.

And whiny killer mains lobby dodge for every reason under the sun anyway, so who the hell cares? At least then would get to play with items and wear prestige without triggering somebody.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Giving an extra perk slot for the Killer is more balanced than handicapping the survivors

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

2 swf - no terror radius
    3 swf - no terror radius and no red stain
    4 swf - survivors have a terror radius and red stain.... FIXED....

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@KING_DEDE said:
    how about with a 4 man swf squad you can call in a extra killer or you can inflict the dying state on a survivor from the beginning of the trail

Extra killer, you say?

I made a thread about it, check it out - https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/292/fair-and-fun-solution-to-swf-problem/p1

2 killers mode would be nice.

• fcc2014

@TheXenoborg said:

I was being sarcastic. Seeing how most SWF players are trolls, maybe it's not such a bad idea?

You got me. I've seen so many crazy ideas on here in the past 48 hrs.

• MumboJumbo
    MumboJumbo Member Posts: 16

@deadwolfwalking said:
    2 swf - no terror radius

That is game breaking. That is way to overpowered. 2 swf and no terror radius? That is broken. Besides, I usually stay in 4 man swf so i can become better as killer.

• deadwolfwalking

@MumboJumbo said:

@deadwolfwalking said:
    2 swf - no terror radius

That is game breaking. That is way to overpowered. 2 swf and no terror radius? That is broken. Besides, I usually stay in 4 man swf so i can become better as killer.

its supposed to be 'game breaking'.... the purpose is to discourage SWF....

• MumboJumbo
    edited July 2018

@deadwolfwalking
    How about this:
    1 survivor- Permanent Ruin, 50% regression for a great skill check.
    2 Survivors - 300% survivor action penalty.
    3 Survivors - 100 Gens.
    4 Suvivors - Insta down, 300% move speed bonus, teleportation, insta-mori, no terror radius, no red stain, see all survivors auras and if survivors move and they get the mangled status effect. Also 1000% more blood points for killer, 1000% less blood points for survivors, and they get set back to rank 20, killers get to rank 1.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@MumboJumbo said:
    @deadwolfwalking
    How about this:
    3 Survivors - 100 Gens.
    4 Suvivors - Insta down, 300% speed, teleportation, insta-mori, no terror radius, see all survivors auras, if survivors move and they get the mangled status effect. Also 1000% more blood points for killer, 1000% less blood points for survivors, and they get set back to rank 20, killers get to rank 1.

HAHAHA, YOU GOT IT? HE WROTE IT LIKE THAT, BECAUSE KILLERS ARE SO OP PLZ NERF, BUT THEY WANT BUFFS, HAHA!!1! IT WAS SARCASM HAHAH!11!1 GOT IT? got it?/?

Not even funny. SWF needs to be fixed and we both know that.

• SharpHandJoe
    SharpHandJoe Member Posts: 18

This seems pretty balanced what if there are ANY swf the killer gets an epic 360 noscope gun that goes PEW PEW and instantly removes the survivor from the game.And any epic gamer that gets shot instantly TRIPLE de pips.PLUS the killer gets 100000% more bloodpoints and a QUADRUPLE PIP.Now remember this is to discourage people from having friends.If you play with friends you are a stinky doo doo head and you should be banned,facecamped,tunneled.

• Visionmaker
    edited July 2018

@RSB said:

@MumboJumbo said:
    @deadwolfwalking
    How about this:
    3 Survivors - 100 Gens.
    4 Suvivors - Insta down, 300% speed, teleportation, insta-mori, no terror radius, see all survivors auras, if survivors move and they get the mangled status effect. Also 1000% more blood points for killer, 1000% less blood points for survivors, and they get set back to rank 20, killers get to rank 1.

HAHAHA, YOU GOT IT? HE WROTE IT LIKE THAT, BECAUSE KILLERS ARE SO OP PLZ NERF, BUT THEY WANT BUFFS, HAHA!!1! IT WAS SARCASM HAHAH!11!1 GOT IT? got it?/?

Don't know why you're lashing out at him of all people, considering salty killers in the thread... in every thread... are the ones unironically giving out brain dead suggestions that kill the game.

Hurhur guys, 0 perks for SWF, 40% repair speed reduction, default moris for 4 stacks, SWF indicators so SWF can be dodged, etc. etc. Literally all suggestions posted within the last week.

• MumboJumbo

@SharpHandJoe said:
    This seems pretty balanced what if there are ANY swf the killer gets an epic 360 noscope gun that goes PEW PEW and instantly removes the survivor from the game.And any epic gamer that gets shot instantly TRIPLE de pips.PLUS the killer gets 100000% more bloodpoints and a QUADRUPLE PIP.Now remember this is to discourage people from having friends.If you play with friends you are a stinky doo doo head and you should be banned,facecamped,tunneled.

The voice of reason.

• MumboJumbo

@Visionmaker said:

@RSB said:

@MumboJumbo said:
    @deadwolfwalking
    How about this:
    3 Survivors - 100 Gens.

Don't know why you're lashing out at him of all people, considering salty killers in the thread... in every thread... are the ones unironically giving out brain dead suggestions that kill the game.

Hurhur guys, 0 perks for SWF, 40% repair speed reduction, default moris for 4 stacks, SWF indicators so SWF can be dodged, etc. etc. Literally all suggestions posted within the last week.

Thanks for being sane.

• deadwolfwalking

nothing wrong with having friends.... nothing wrong with playing with friends.... but if you go in to a lobby to rob a man of points or pips, its you that need to be robbed.... SWF is awesome. go laugh it up. but you should leave on a hook.... not through a gate....

• MumboJumbo

@deadwolfwalking
    Yeah my bro will carry me out on a hook so I don't have to walk!

• MumboJumbo
    edited July 2018

@TheXenoborg
    I feel that the add-ons would be a little bit crazy and the 2x bloodpoint bonus, but opting out and removing the cap or opting out and having the 2x bloodpoint bonus would be pretty helpful.

• deadwolfwalking

@MumboJumbo said:
    @TheXenoborg
    I feel that the add-ons would be a little bit crazy and the 2x bloodpoint bonus, but opting out and removing the cap or opting out and having the 2x bloodpoint bonus would be pretty helpful.

i agree with that too....

• wolflinkin
    wolflinkin Member Posts: 52

@KING_DEDE said:

Here is a SWF solution for you. Stop playing the game!! Move on! Play another game.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@TheXenoborg said:

@fcc2014 said:

@TheXenoborg said:

Technically a survivor main since 99% of my games are survivor. I rarely play killer. I also don't want SWF to be removed since I'm one of the people who actually wanted a mode like this back in 2016.

So why remove them from the lobby pool to play against AI. I think the trolls might like that but it would hurt the game long term.

I was being sarcastic. Seeing how most SWF players are trolls, maybe it's not such a bad idea?

This right here is why the people using swf as an excuse can't be believed. They use made up claims and then expect everyone to believe them. I play solo and swf as well as killer and my discord is always hilarious when playing.

We joke about the killer making bad plays as well as when we do like turning into a dead end. We'll joke about begging the killer to spare us and if we get dropped we think yay. Then they go ahead and hook us and we joke about how rude they were.

If the killer outplayed us we say good game, if we outplayed them it's the same thing. If the killer is camping us and just nodding at us non stop and smacking us hoping we give up we laugh. We then get serious and do gens more quickly and when they say ez I'l say.

Did you forget to bring the tent and campfire to go with your camp. IF they weren't too much of a jerk about it as in they only did it when gates were powered I'll say how rude it was not to have made a campfire so I could roast marshmallows while there.

Most of the killers get a laugh out of the good banter and some even apologize for the camp to which I respond it was all good and legitimate ocne the gates were powered. There's been time I'll let myself be caught if the killers played a good match and hasn't gotten anyone down. Because I want them to get some bonus points out of the match.

Lastly the made up bs about most swf are trolls is about as true as there's oxygen on Mars. There's probably some but not a lot and it's probably really hard to find. Just as in most games there's always going to be a toxic minority. This game is no different and that extend to the killer side as well.

• PieMan
    PieMan Member Posts: 27

I know this is a little out of place, but people are still going to want to play with their friends and want to bully the killer and then if a change to SWF would be made a big part of the community will backlash. Why not just back out if you think the survivors you're going up against are SWF? If they all load in at the same time just avoid the lobby/group. This is probably annoying and might not work 100% of the time, but it definitely will help instead of hurting those who play with one another, which makes up a lot of the player base.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I feel like killers can at least get a couple of extra perks. Removing survivors' perks is a stupid idea because this game is very boring without perks. Action speed debuff and all other stuff makes the game even more boring. If the killers can get at least a couple of more perks, the game would be more fun for them because they can try new builds.

• deadwolfwalking

i don't dodge lobbies. i'm not scared of SWF.... but i don't think the killer should be at such an extreme disadvantage. i wouldn't even opt out of the match. but i would like some compensation.... thats all i really want....

• powerbats

@TheXenoborg said:

Cool. Except there's abundant anecdotes in forms of posts, streams and videos of SWF mostly being an instrument for trolls.

That's not evidence though, that's simply a collection of people whining about it. How many videos and posts are out there that say the exact opposite? We could each post the exact same number of things yet you and the others would still say your facts are right etc.

Most of any given community never goes to a forum yet alone posts threads, comments or videos of any kind for the game they play. I've just as many post, threads, streams and videos of killers being toxic and or hacking. But that doesn't mean all killers are like that not by any means it's just a small % that does it and the same for survivor side doing toxic things.

I've seen solo queue survivors be super toxic before and in fact had a game this am where 1 survivor griefed another by tea bagging them in front of where they were hooked. The killer came and chased them around and when they tea bagged and tried to sandbag the unhooked victim the killer wouldn't take the bait. In fact the killer went after the toxic survivor and downed them and went after everyone else regularly but kept going after the toxic player 1st.

When I'm killer if I see someone being toxic on survivor side i hardcore go after them, i don't camp but they get my special attention. If I'ma survivor and someone is toxic I'll still try and help some but I'm not going out of my way for them.

Most people on both sides are decent and to claim otherwise is to do the temper tantrum 2 year old stomping in the corner with your hands over your ears.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TheXenoborg said:

@switch said:
    No. just easier

Yes but it would be a start at least

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TheXenoborg said:

@Master said:

@TheXenoborg said:

@switch said:
    No. just easier

Yes but it would be a start at least

It would be more like a "1 step forward and 4 steps back" kind of a thing.

Explain the 4 steps back?

• powerbats

@TheXenoborg said:

Cool, that just proves survivor games are risk-free which encourages trolling, SWF just makes it a lot efficient for them.

You just proved my point about using Logical Fallacies when you can't argue a point.

• powerbats

@TheXenoborg said:

@powerbats said:

@TheXenoborg said:

Cool, that just proves survivor games are risk-free which encourages trolling, SWF just makes it a lot efficient for them.

You just proved my point about using Logical Fallacies when you can't argue a point.

You made no point. Just because you experienced some toxic solo survivors ONCE doesn't mean things are perfect and it certainly doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else. One instance vs several anecdotes online + my own personal experience (as an active SWF player and a killer faceing SWF survivors), I know who to believe. yawn.

You again proved my point, I've stated on many occasions I'eve experienced toxicity in solo queue. I didn't say only once that was you using a Straw Man fallacy. You then turn to using a Red Herring thereby proving my point yet again.

Your several anecdotes means nothing and you know it. Since unless you can show evidence from every single players games your argument means nothing. You're claiming all swf groups are toxic yet provide no factual evidence.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” – Christopher Hitchens.

So just like your logical fallacies we can dismiss your made up facts on the spot. We can now safely dismiss you as yet another forum troll who doesn't actually care about facts only their own personal opinions.

• powerbats

@TheXenoborg said:

What nonsense. This isn't some UN debate, get off your high horse, please. And you call me a troll? Lol

Still trying the Straw Man and Red Herrings and still failing and yes you proved my point about being a troll.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    Solution don't play killer if you can't handle swf
  • powerbats
    edited July 2018

@TheXenoborg said:

@powerbats said:

@TheXenoborg said:

What nonsense. This isn't some UN debate, get off your high horse, please. And you call me a troll? Lol

Still trying the Straw Man and Red Herrings and still failing and yes you proved my point about being a troll.

I'm not a troll. You're asking for unreasonable "evidence" and you know it. I don't know if you aspire to be a lawyer or something but you are definitely annoying with your baseless arguments. As I said, there are countless accounts of actual players, all different from each other in many ways, saying the exact same thing about SWF. The devs also feared the same regarding this mode before caving to our demands. It's 2018, get searchin'. If you choose to ignore all of that, then that's not really my problem. You really lack logic for someone who says "logical fallacies" every 5 seconds. lol I also do not need to prove you anything since it's already been proven by many others. All you have to do is look around you.

No I'm asking you to back up your claims using the same logic you use to deny me my`claims. if you can't provide evidence to back up your claims other than your own personal bias you can't be believed anymore than you refuse to believe me.

As far as get searching use your own advice and you'll see there's just as many videos not showing toxicity. But you refuse to do that because it'd refute your claims. It's a absolute impossibility that all swf groups are toxic yet you still try and claim that.

Also proven by many others is still making up facts without the evidence to back it up, you can post 100 things I could do same, IT PROVES NOTHING. You're making up facts as you go then claiming them to be backed up without backing it up with actual proof.

• powerbats
    edited July 2018

@TheXenoborg said:

@powerbats said:

@TheXenoborg said:

@powerbats said:

@TheXenoborg said:

I'm not a troll. You're asking for unreasonable "evidence" and you know it. I don't know if you aspire to be a lawyer or something but you are definitely annoying with your baseless arguments. As I said, there are countless accounts of actual players, all different from each other in many ways, saying the exact same thing about SWF. The devs also feared the same regarding this mode before caving to our demands. It's 2018, get searchin'. If you choose to ignore all of that, then that's not really my problem. You really lack logic for someone who says "logical fallacies" every 5 seconds. lol I also do not need to prove you anything since it's already been proven by many others. All you have to do is look around you.

No I'm asking you to back up your claims using the same logic you use to deny me my`claims. if you can't provide evidence to back up your claims other than your own personal bias you can't be believed anymore than you refuse to believe me.

As far as get searching use your own advice and you'll see there's just as many videos not showing toxicity. But you refuse to do that because it'd refute your claims. It's a absolute impossibility that all swf groups are toxic yet you still try and claim that.

Okay, bootleg Sheldon, quote me where I said all SWF are toxic. Your arguments are baseless. I play SWF regularly, so that means I'm calling myself toxic. What nonsense. In the end, you are not an authority figure to me to demand evidence from me in such a manner. Your education is not my responsibility. I have expressed no personal bias in my comments. That's what you've projected about me throughout the comments.

Wait what, you've expressed no personal bias? Are you really claiming that after all that you've posted. This discussion has obviously reached it's end point if that's how you'll continue to respond. Make claims eyt refuse to back them up with actual empirical evidence and then turn around and misrepresent what someone that didn't agree with you stated.

• powerbats

@TheXenoborg said:

Where’s the part where I said all SWF are toxic? While you’re at it, highlight comments which you feel show I have a personal bias against the mode. Come on, Shelly!

To end this quickly since' Id rather concentrate on more positive discussion the bias is displayed where you say based upon your games and the stuff you've seen. You claim that proves you`right while dismissing what anyone else says.You probably don't even realize that's what you're doing but if you look at it objectively you'll see.

• mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

@TheXenoborg said:
    Where’s the part where I said all SWF are toxic? While you’re at it, highlight comments which you feel show I have a personal bias against the mode. Come on, Shelly!

FYI insulting someone in a debate makes it pretty obvious that you're trapped in a corner & don't know how to get out without admitting that your argument is shaky at best.

Back to the thread:

All of the suggestions in this thread are pretty bad, and they'd probably kill the game, as no one would have fun playing with their friends anymore--which is the biggest appeal of the game for most of the playerbase. Not sure what a good solution would look like, though, as I haven't seen one yet.

• lucvus
    lucvus Member Posts: 52

@RSB said:

@MumboJumbo said:
    @deadwolfwalking
    How about this:
    3 Survivors - 100 Gens.

If your referring to my post about giving a small 10% penalty to heal repair and altruism speed when in swf. It was shown to add like a few seconds to actions. Math may not be your strong suit. But I laid it all out. At least my idea was presented in a non biased non cry baby way. So take a shot at me if you want. But people can read my suggestion themselves.