Do you guys get messages like this?

Options
HorrorLover74
HorrorLover74 Member Posts: 39
edited October 2019 in General Discussions

Just felt like playing spirit and for some reason I get this salty dude, i dont understand some people. Also is it really bannable to body block someone who put themselves in the corner?

Post edited by HorrorLover74 on

Comments

• sensualsatan
    sensualsatan Member Posts: 92
    Options

As long as you hit them and don't trap them there for a majority of the game. I don't think this is a bannable offense unless you're just sitting there and blocking them without "taking part in normal gameplay." @Peanits Am I wrong? I don't wanna misinform someone so I thought I'd check.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@sensualsatan What you are saying is correct. To trap someone to land a hit and wait out Borrowed time is fine. I don't see a reason why a killer should trap somebody for a longer time than that.

Maybe @HorrorLover74 can clarify what happened.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I actually got complimented a lot when I played killer but I did get stuff like this a lot. (I got reported twice as Plague for blocking people in corners to puke on ‘em) isn’t bannable if you hit/down them though.

• VSLl
    VSLl Member Posts: 315
    Options

You don’t get banned for this, you don’t have to worry. I myself met such salty players. Shame.

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 977
    Options

To answer your question: yes, I do get messages like this. Pretty much every time I actually do well as Killer.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

I play on PC and I've disabled the end-game chat and made it impossible for random people to leave comments on my profile.

Maybe you should disable messages on your console to save yourself some sanity?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,683
    edited October 2019
    Options

Salt or threats that they're reporting you? Doesn't really matter, I've gotten both. If you play DbD, you're gonna get messages.

One of my favorite salty messages so far was when a bad speller called my friend a gardening implement.

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
    edited October 2019
    Options

I usually get this kind of messages, but I don't mind since I enjoy the salt xD

• TwistrBlitz
    TwistrBlitz Member Posts: 91
    edited October 2019
    Options

I just got hatemail from a dude saying he reported me cause I “took the game hostage”.

I’m supposed to just let the pink haired Nea run across the map for a rescue apparently. LUL

He also said I was a scrub cause he pallet stunned me 4 TIMES I’m shook man.

• HorrorLover74
    Options

No, I saw them with BBQ in the boiler room of the preschool map waiting for the hatch. I stood in front of them waiting to close it but it never spawn but i heard it. So i hit him and chased him then downed him.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

It's actually funny that survivors say killers do this, yet I've had games where they'll all block hooks to stop me from hooking their friend. Sounds like you just got a super salty player who just doesn't like seeing that skull beside their name. I'd just laugh it off personally. It just shows how toxic the playerbase can be at times.

• HorrorLover74
    Options

I love getting them as well xD but it does tend to get annoying when they spam ya, like this person. I usually get a kick out of them though :)

• HorrorLover74
    Options

I agree, its pretty annoy when you are try to hook a survivor and then just gang bang around the hook but hey in the at least someone gets hooked! Lol

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

Well when they body blocked me like crazy, they helped me get the achievement for hitting while carrying, and also downed themselves. A 2 minute match and a free achivement. It was a fun time, for me anyways 😀

• HorrorLover74
    Options
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

That doesn't sound like a long time span at all. I don't see a problem here.

• HorrorLover74
    Options
  • ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607
    Options

You can’t be banned for anything except hacking so don’t worry

• HorrorLover74
    Options

Huh that's strange. I've been recorded apparently before but never was told it was scripted. That's very strange.

• HorrorLover74
    Options

They just were just mad because you were too good with less hours but hell if you didn't get banned for playing then hell yeah you are safe! 😁

• Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    Options

You can be reported for literally anything in this game, though you can only be banned for the breaking rules set by the devs and nobody else. I’ve been reported because I found someone hiding in a locker who had crows. I’ve also been reported for using OoO once in the past. Some reasons people report you for are hilarious but 9/10 times they don’t have any ground to stand on. Blocking isn’t bannable on the condition that it’s not excessive. From what I can tell, you killed them fairly quickly so I doubt anything will come of it.

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241
    Options

People need to abandon console. It's not only way worse, you get what are clearly deranged people like this harassing you after lobbies are closed. That's a big fukkin' yikes from the PC crowd

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Options

Yes. Frequently on Xbox and almost always for some dumb reason that makes zero sense. I really need to buy one of those Survivor Rulebook things so I can understand what these people are whining about.

• VSLl
    VSLl Member Posts: 315
    Options

Another salty person. What exactly does it matter to you on which platform a person plays? On any platform, there are people who are rude and do not behave beautifully. There are many such people on the PC and on consoles.

• tempcoma
    tempcoma Member Posts: 28
    Options

I had a two man swf message me saying I was tunneling but they let me see them run for the hook they were rank 15 and salty as heck they ended up stalking me like my FB and other social accounts saying that they were going to come to my state and kill me cuz they lost :/

• Alis_Prospero
    Alis_Prospero Member Posts: 11
    Options

You forgot to censor your name in the photos, bottom right lol

• StrickxNyne
    StrickxNyne Member Posts: 230
    Options

If survivors block you, you have a weapon to stop it. What weapon do survivors have to stop you? 😉

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696
    Options

Had a guy call me a noob when he literally tried to cheat and walk along the outside edge of a second floor area where she should even be able to get to.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867
    Options

scripting is another term for hacking. it's for people who use premade cheats that they download online rather than figuring it out themselves. It's generally used to belittle "hackers" in phrases like "script kiddies". The idea being that calling someone using cheats a hacker, you're pumping up their ego because hackers actually have to put in effort whereas script users get the cheats for free.

I hope that made sense.

It's funny that they thought you were cheating by landing hatchets though lol. The only scripts that actually exist for this game are the wallhacks, noclip nonsense, speed cheats etc. A script tends to just modify available code and there's already stuff in the files for removing hitboxes, seeing through walls, and moving super fast.

There isn't one that magically makes your hatchets home in on people because there's no code for that in the game. Hatchets don't have homing properties so you can't have auto aim hatchets.

This has been Ted Talks with Ark.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867
    Options

scripting is another term for hacking. it's for people who use premade cheats that they download online rather than figuring it out themselves. It's generally used to belittle "hackers" in phrases like "script kiddies". The idea being that calling someone using cheats a hacker, you're pumping up their ego because hackers actually have to put in effort whereas script users get the cheats for free.

I hope that made sense.

It's funny that they thought you were cheating by landing hatchets though lol. The only scripts that actually exist for this game are the wallhacks, noclip nonsense, speed cheats etc. A script tends to just modify available code and there's already stuff in the files for removing hitboxes, seeing through walls, and moving super fast.

There isn't one that magically makes your hatchets home in on people because there's no code for that in the game. Hatchets don't have homing properties so you can't have auto aim hatchets.

This has been Ted Talks with Ark.

• dbizzle
    dbizzle Member Posts: 96
    Options

yes. some ragers always accuse others of blocking

• AngelKings
    AngelKings Member Posts: 21
    Options

How do you guys get these messages? Out of my year of playing this games I have only gotten like 3 hate messages. Even then they were by salty 9 year olds.

• Forceful_Spork
    Forceful_Spork Member Posts: 87
    edited October 2019
    Options

Yo! You were that Ash that I let escape on Playstation yesterday! I was that Ghost Face that your teammates got mad at and reported for farming. My PS name is the same as my forum name.

Post edited by Forceful_Spork on
  • monstermaster42
    monstermaster42 Member Posts: 81
    Options

Salty players are all over the place, just looking for a reason they lost that doesn't include their poor skills, body blocking in a corner is not ban-able, its kinda a dick move if you just hold them there and down them lol but other than that its fine, it should be ban-able if somebody takes the game hostage by trapping somebody in a corner, but i also think the end game collapse needs some tweaking because of the major hostage taking potential and rewarding bad killers with free points, make em earn it at least

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

"4 reports gets you banned".

😂

• SaintDenisSlasher
    SaintDenisSlasher Member Posts: 227
    Options

I got reported for having hacks that let me teleport and have no terror radius....as a scratched mirrror myers.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,060
    Options

They wouldn't want to go against body blocking hag

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 315
    edited October 2019
    Options

PSN DBD has one of the most toxic communities I've ever been apart of. I get messages like die in a fire, hope you get cancer, your autistic, etc.

I recently got sick and tired of it and just blocked my messages.. I sometimes miss getting these idiots banned from PSN though

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,405
    Options

I got reported for body blocking a Claudette into a corner and chainsawing her. She immediately DC'd and messaged me for hours, without getting a response from me once.

It was fun!

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

That's light in comparison to what you see on the regular. This game has one hell of a toxic community.

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335
    Options

In all honesty, the report on PS4 does nothing.

That said everyone loves to threaten with reports. I was "reported" for using a key on the hatch once. Yay. Unless they threaten violence or use slurs, they're not having consequences from Sony either.

• Cayde1342
    Cayde1342 Member Posts: 96
    Options
  • bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772
    edited October 2019
    Options

Just a SWF player who got salty against my Plague. Yes, I used powerful add-ons and that's why I saw where they are moving. Not my fault he walks into me. I don't let them pass for free. And yes, did slug for the 4K.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,440
    Options

I get crap like that all the time. DCs and then "You sweaty tryhard tunnel camper!".

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,440
    Options

Their logic: You won as killer? You sweaty camper and tunneler!

• LOA
    LOA Member Posts: 235
    Options

I think I got a message from this same guy after one of my games. It was definitely that profile pic. He called me a Try Hard after I 4 manned he and his buddies at the swamp with the Trapster. Some people just can't handle losing.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443
    Options

People are toxic in every other DBD game I play. It's one of the more toxic communities of any game I've ever played. It's more toxic on average than LoL or csgo for me. Just have to ignore the toxic people. On PC I don't have this issue because I just made my steam profile private and they can't message me. So i can avoid all the salt/toxicty by just leaving as soon as the game ends