Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A suggestion to make Decisive Strike a true Anti-Tunneling perk.

Okay, calm down people. Put down your pitchforks. I'm not here to ask to nerf Decisive Strike. Nor am I here to ask to buff the perk. What I am suggesting is merely what I feel Decisive Strike should be as a Survivor/Killer Main.

So, when DS was first changed, I noticed people started calling it an Anti-Tunneling Perk. Which is fine, it's best for DS to be changed into something that would punish a killer for going after the injured survivor, giving them another chance to escape from the killer.

But... I really disagree with that. Because of how this perk operates.

---

Using whatever is at hand, you stab at your aggressor in an ultimate attempt to escape.

After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike will become active and usable for 40/50/60 seconds.

While Decisive Strike is active, when grabbed by the Killer, succeed a Skill Check 

to automatically escape the Killer's grasp and stun them for 5 seconds.

• Succeeding or failing the Skill Check will disable Decisive Strike.
  • Successfully stunning the Killer will result in you becoming the Obsession.

Increases your chances of being the Obsession.

The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

---

Here is the part where I disagree that this perk is an Anti-Tunneling perk.

After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike will become active and usable for 40/50/60 seconds.

For 40/50/60 seconds, you basically have a free health state. And I don't think that's how Decisive Strike should really work, because it encourages killers to slug survivors on the ground for a full 60 seconds with Tier 3. And if I'm correct, I don't think anyone likes being slugged in this game. Especially a full 1/10th of the game since most matches last for around 10 minutes. Just because the killer doesn't want to be hit with DS. Which is fair, waiting the full 60 seconds is a way to counter this perk.

But! I personally think if this perk were to be reworked slightly, it would still benefit survivors who are being tunneled by the killer and it would make it not frustrating for the killer to just eat DS left and right if their timing is slightly incorrect.

This is basically what I suggest we should do with this perk:

---

Using whatever is at hand, you stab at your aggressor in an ultimate attempt to escape.

After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike will become active and usable for 10/20/30 seconds. The timer will pause during a chase or if the killer is within 12/24/36 meters around you.

While Decisive Strike is active, when grabbed by the Killer, succeed a Skill Check 

to automatically escape the Killer's grasp and stun them for 5 seconds.

• Succeeding or failing the Skill Check will disable Decisive Strike.
  • Successfully stunning the Killer will result in you becoming the Obsession.

Increases your chances of being the Obsession.

The Killer can only be obsessed with one Survivor at a time.

---

This way, survivors who gets tunneled can still use the Decisive Strike as their last resort to escaping the killer, whilst survivor who are unhooked and downed but away from the killer doesn't have the protection of DS that lasts for 60 seconds. Allowing the killer to come back and look for them without needing to be frustrated with eating Decisive Strike.

What do you guys think? Is this good? Is this horrible? Tell me what you think. Just an idea I had after brainstorming with a couple of people for a bit. It may be terrible, it may be decent. But I think this is a fairly balanced way to keep Decisive Strike fairly meta, whilst also making it slightly more fair for the killer.

Comments

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Sounds fair to me, I like this idea.

• krowzar
    krowzar Member Posts: 66

These are good changes, that way, the timer isn't countered by Ghostface, Myers, Pig, Wraith, etc.

• Bazzajack
    Bazzajack Member Posts: 57

I would agree if once downed the perk stays active until grabbed, nothing stopping the killer from slugging and then coming back, just like now

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547

It will stay active if the killer is within a vicinity of the survivor, if the killer within 36 meters away from you, any teammate could come and pick you up while staying relatively safe.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I feel like pausing the timer within a distance away from the killer is more of a buff rather than a nerf, but other than that I feel like these suggestions are pretty decent.

I honestly feel like DS is fine as it is, the only change I would propose is for it to deactivate when someone else gets hooked.

• pka
    pka Member Posts: 6

i like it but i also don't like it. what i mean is i like the whole idea but i would make it like 20/25/30s and also change the range. then yeah it's a better ds.

• pka
    pka Member Posts: 6

getting deactivating on hook seems better too. maybe even better than pausing in killer radius.