The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

[Rant] New Nurse is SO much fun!

13»

Comments

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

People assume that every survivor is a potato who just run is straight lines. I've faced a lot o people who were able to outplay the old Nurse but well, It's impossible to have a argument. Gid gud I guess?

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

The sad thing is straight lines work on base Nurse now...

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

Yes... and imagine with BL? She's a 96% speed killer btw but wow, we have add ons who increase her speed!! Such fun

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

Don't forget one that rewards you using your power with... removing your power!

Well done indeed.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187

And you really have to be a madlad to consistently try to hit with 1 blink because of how much she rubberbands on every blink. Did you look at the sky and charge your blink twice as long as you should have? No? Not getting through that tree.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

I listen for the audio que for both blinks to recharge, and blink bug is a map problem, not a Nurse problem. ??

I would be in favor to have a toggle option to have your current amount of blinks to be displayed at the center of your screen! :)

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

no one has said that new nurse is impossible, just saying the nerf she got to her basekit was not deserved and handled very poorly. she was already a difficult killer to play (yet someone who has put a ton of hours into her could get great results) and they made her more difficult. just the other day I countered a nurse in purple ranks, want to know what I did? mostly ran in a straight line and broke LoS every once in a while, had about a 1min 30 -2m chase, and we won easily after that, she just face camped the last survivor so she got 1 kill

• coppersly

Nurse still has bugs no matter what map you play, and listening to the que sound or even having them in the center won't fix the underlying issues the cooldown mechanic has on her power.

• NMCKE
    edited November 2019

Having the cool-down displayed in the center can help the player prevent themselves from 99%'ing their cool-down. ?

For the maps, it's not the Nurse's fault for not being able to blink through certain obstacles — the developers just need to make those walls allow blinks! Therefore, it's a map problem, not a killer problem! ?

• coppersly

"or even having them in the center won't fix the underlying issues the cooldown mechanic has on her power."

• NMCKE

There's no issues with her power, chases that are extended by 2-5 seconds won't make Nurse terrible, especially when her chases are already fast. ?

• coppersly

That's what I'm trying to tell you, it isn't just 5 seconds, it is much longer than that usually. If running across the map is literally all you need to do to run Nurse for longer than before her rework that should be a clear as day sign that 5 seconds is a BEST case scenario.

For a killer that needs her power to even move around the map at a reasonable pace having a cooldown this punishing goes against the urge to use it like you should.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

20 meters of distance is a pretty significant headstart during every cooldown period.

• Blackburne
    Blackburne Member Posts: 141

Make the game a bully simulator for survivors again.

I just want to teabag, click my flashlight and run godloops all day without having to insta dc everytime I take a hit.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Much better.

She can not even catch up to survivors anymore yeah this is addonless but as soon as survivors understand that the most effective thing is to run in a straight line away from here this killer is beyond freddy tier of the past since no other killer has this issue, you can not even do that vs legion or any other killer for that matter. To state that nurse is better is a lie.

Do you need to verify what I said? Pick a friend go to custom game, no addons and take whispers as a perk. Have him outside of your terror radius, blink to him and tell him to run in a straight line away from you. There is no way that you will be able to catch up.

Rewarding? She isn't rewarding at all, nurse now has a forced upon playstyle that is boring, you will not travel the map after a hook, you will stay close to the first person and try to find another and put him on hook too, slug the 3rd if you see him coming. I 4ked in the weekend lots of times not once was any fun involved not for me not for the survivors i played against in red ranks.

So sorry that I assume that you have no clue what you talk about when you say nurse is better and feels more rewarding because that isnt the case. A killer that can not catch up to survivors, literally useless.

• NMCKE

That's if the survivor runs a vertical line away you, but most survivors don't because you can see them and great Nurses will just blink to them.

First Blink = 20 Meters

Second Blink = 12 Meters

Nurse can travel 32 meters with both blinks, and as long as the survivor is within her blink range, they risk getting hit.

I feel like there should be a toggle option to have a cool-down indicator on the center of your screen so you don't use your blink at 99% cool-down. That's the only problem I face with her right now and it's really inconvenient. ?

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Not yet, but they will when they learn how effective it is.

On paper. In practice the risk is very low. The 32 meters sounds good until you remember that survivors move.

The cooldown display isn't a problem. It's easy to wait and listen for, but while you're moving at Nurse speed, survivors are gaining distance.

The cooldown itself is the problem.

This was an over-correction and hopefully it'll be remedied like the flashlight and pallet fiasco during the Year of the Hound.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

“Going through walls” is the laziest, most generic argument that people make. Like yea, huntress “can hit you across the map” but there is far more nuance and situational stuff that determine how good she is (I think she’s just okay). Her map control is absolutely terrible now: base blink doesn’t have enough range to control gens. She now has to play a very lame, camping/slugging style that isn’t fun for either side.

• Endstille

@SpaceCoconut @NMCKE

You have to keep in mind, that you will not have 2nd blink up so at the end of the wall that is blocking the way. We decided to just make it till there but

• this is a 30sec "chase"
    • no exhaustion triggered whatsoever
    • no speedbuff due to a hit

Regarding that and how effective this actually is, sorry but nurse is even worse than old freddy. Just a matter of time until people realize that.

• Endstille

I did lots of 4ks with nurse on the weekend basicly with the build i run in the video above. That however is due to survivors thinking they have to play against nurse like old nurse, when people do realize you can run away in a straight line and that is the most effective thing to do. Guess what. However what I wanted to point out to 4k with a nurse is nothing considered fun for anybody involved. You will play "optimal" or the most boring way possible in order to ensure a 4k. I described that in another thread but yeah.

Nobody gonna have fun with the killer or against the killer to put it simply.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

I'm curious what the video above is trying to prove?

Not using second blink to cover more distance.

Starting from 32 meters back - do the same with a full movement speed killer like trapper. You probably won't reach the survivor before the wall then either...

"I can't reach the survivor even though I'm not using my power fully!"

This is why the nurse was changed. Her map presence and also her power in a chase were too strong. Power in chase wasn't changed if you hit your blinks, and map presence was slightly nerfed. As was necessary.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

I played against two nurses yesterday(somehow). Survivors that used to be rank 1(so rank 10-11 atm) took few seconds to realise that you can just hold W and escape her from her for couple extra seconds at the time. Every time she missed due to survivor dodging her blink path survivor gained half of the map on her.

But don't worry guys, there is nothing wrong with her power. It's just survivors got so good that they can all escape from the nurse.

• Endstille
    edited November 2019

You have no clue what you talk about.

Using the 2nd blink will result in a longer downtime and the survivor making more distance, i already checked that and also did write that. But is okay i can make another video just to be specific,

you want me to do consecutive double blinks or do you want me to start with a double blink and than keep doing one blink?

The result with double blinks is even worse, the distance does not decrease at all. But yeah you keep making comments like "I can't reach the survivor even though I'm not using my power fully!".

I will make 2nd video for you since you obviously are an expert.

€dit:

I have to upload that when I am home so like 8-9hrs from now.

• Soultiller
    Soultiller Member Posts: 40

Pretty much sums up the new nurse experience when they don't try and LOS you and just keep hauling ass.

• Endstille
    edited November 2019

Seems you were right, I have no trouble admitting i was wrong. You can as a matter of fact catch up via double blinks. So depending when the survivor does notice you (~32m). It takes two or three double blinks (at the third you would actually have to juke her).

I am still confused why I had so diffrent results a day before.

I find it quite odd that this is so effective, no exhaustion, no nothing yet but running. So for each down just with that you can realisticly stretch a single chase just to 1:30min or even more.

I don't know I am still not satisfied with the results but better than not being able to catch up at all i guess. The when the survivor notices you is not possible, is a little confusing it is more visible in the 2nd example of double blinks.

This discussion has been closed.