Huntress wolf Mask better not be part of this cosmetic give away....

Cause I had to earn that #########.

Comments

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

they shouldn't add that one, david's, kate's and billy's, there no monetary way to get them so you suposedly get scammed, and by the same way as the other exclusives, they should add the bloodletting one in the free list

• Angelicus23
    edited November 2019

Thanks for letting me know this, but as the same way players paid for merchandise, others paid for a pax or comic con entrance ticket, not directly to behaviour but they paid too

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 526

Or what? You're going to quit the game? Boo hoo poor thing

• SaltySwag
    SaltySwag Member Posts: 140
    edited November 2019

Bhvr: Should we give away the outragiously overpriced "rare" cosmetics? No. Should we give away cosmetics the players actually had to play the game to do, and completel specific objectives for? Yes!

So basically ######### everyone that actually played the game during these times right?

• Angelicus23

Ok. I think I kind of understand it now. Thanks for the info

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

I'm fine with these cosmetics being given away. Will add more variety to character appearance and overall a nice addition to the available outfits.

I earned the event outfits and I'd prefer they be added for everyone. I rarely see any of the event cosmetics used anyways so now there's a bigger chance to see them used instead of being shelved away forever.

• EverflowingRiver
    EverflowingRiver Member Posts: 562

Why not tie the new cosmetics to rank? That way people would have more incentive.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited November 2019

You don't get to have it because you want it. You get to have it because BHVR decides so.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • TAG
    edited November 2019

That doesn't mean BHVR decides you get it.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • SaltySwag

Why not?

I had to deal with the game when it was super busted, and go sweat mode for some of those. So why is Legacy now special, and these ones aren't?

• TAG

Because BHVR's decision to give it away does not hinge entirely on your desire to have it.

• SaltySwag
    edited November 2019

The same can be said for Legacy.

They never wear them, include them too. Give me my free Legacy that I didn't earn and totally deserve just because noobs don't see them often.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

You should take a logic class at the college/university level.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

I would like to understand why everyone loves this ugly hound mask. Is not that beautiful like the owl/bear mask. I feel bad for Umbra, only lol

• SaltySwag

Because something to have to earn is far superior than something you get for free.

• Kiawi
    Kiawi Member Posts: 33

I just want my event skins back that disappeared from the inventory. Don't mind if they give it to others too. I don't like time limited exclusives anyway. Would be fine if exclusives are bound to hard achievements but you can always get them.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

It wasn't even that hard of a challenge to complete...

• xXNurseXx
    xXNurseXx Member Posts: 261
    edited November 2019

sorry devs and @Peanits thats the first time i think you do a huge mistake. either refund also ppl who lost their legacy their skins -> same as the other event skins like the mask OR dont do it for both. the change about the steam codes (even if i have a weekend brazil) seems reasonable.

WHY UNLOCK THE EVENT COSMETICS? 

Unfortunately the way these event cosmetics were stored made it possible for certain players to lose them at random. They would need to be returned manually, but doing so ran the risk of causing further loss of progress.

LEGACY

Unless we are able to identify every player that lost legacy, it will not come back. At the moment, we are still unable to identify the players that lost their legacy, therefore, we are not refunding or unlocking legacy.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

Idk, maybe is just me but I don't feel superior and I don't want to people think that I am just because I got something that not everybody has. I have that Kate cosmetic from BBQ summer and I think I never touched it lol

• xXNurseXx
    xXNurseXx Member Posts: 261

also i think most ppl would like to have exklusiv skins. same with the new battlepass let the charms dont appear in the store afterwards. do more events with a limited time to get some skins. i love seeing ppl with special skins knowing they earn them in the past.

• TAG
    edited November 2019

Never, according to BHVR. At least, not until they change their mind.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited November 2019

Except legacy was an actual grind.

When players first started playing DBD they were prestige-ing, they wanted to be completionists, they didn't know if the game would last this long, and then suddenly the devs are like.

"We're changing the way bloodwebs work, if you have prestiged by this date you'll get the clothing for it".

Nobody grinded for legacy because no one thought it would happen, and you know damn well for a fact people still wear their legacy, often having to last second switch it because killers are so damned scared of it.

Your argument has no valid points because legacy was an actual grind, no one knew it would happen, people were just playing the game and having fun completely resetting their characters back then without any knowledge of how long the game would last

Everyone knew the goals going into the events, everyone had PLENTY of time to prepare, and knew exactly what to expect.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • SaltySwag

Well then thats not far.

I didn't get the chance to earn them, so I deserve them just as much as everyone that did earn them.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited November 2019

but but but, they're releasing "exclusive" cosmetics that 80% of the player base has, so they should release cosmetics less than 5% of the player base has.

You know, that player base that stuck around long enough for the game to viable, and prestiged and reset their characters never knowing where the game may end up!

• AkiTheKitten
    AkiTheKitten Member Posts: 670

Dude chill. Even though I want a Legacy, I understand why it's exclusive. These skins are not. You didn't "work hard" for them, you did special hooks and gens. Got them at a convention? Great put like Peanits said, you payed for the convention ticket, not the skin. If you did buy a 3rd party code, then you're the reason they're free in the first place

• SaltySwag

I am completely fine with the Cash abused ones being available.

But NOT the event skins you couldn't sell and could ONLY earn.

• AkiTheKitten

Earn? No one "earned" them. You did colorful gens and colorful hooks, the horror.

• SaltySwag

I am all for the Cash abused skins they gave away codes for being free with this. You shouldn't be able to make a couple of GRAND off a pixel shirt.

However The event skins, that you had to actually play for (like legacy) should remain exclusives. We were told these skins weren't coming back.

Any argument you make for why EVENT SPECIFIC SKINS (That didn't have codes) is an argument for why Legacy should be free as well.

• TAG

It's totally fair when they do release them for free. It's totally fair when they don't. ;)

• AkiTheKitten
    edited November 2019

Actually, I play console so I never got the chance to get pretty much any of those skins. Legacy is a whole nother ballpark, as you had to GRIND, like almost 10 games to level up the bloodweb once. They earned it, you just played the game and got them. I'm defending legacy even though I want one :(

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Kiawi
    Kiawi Member Posts: 33
    edited November 2019

I'd post them for you but they disappeared from my inventory.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793
    edited November 2019

Why do you keep badgering the devs about legacy and event skins, I earned the skins as well and I could care less if they decided to throw them at players for free.Also the legacy skins aren't even that nice, the only one that looks cool is Trapper and Wraith's legacy.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Valkari
    Valkari Member Posts: 33
    edited November 2019

You keep saying that as if it were true, because if it were, the bloodletting shirt would be available as well, but you refuse to acknowledge that fact.

You paid to get access to the convention, therefore, got a free skin as a bonus (Dweard, SF Claudette, etc..).

You paid to get merchandise from the shop, therefore, got a free skin as a bonus (Bloodletting shirt).

Until you all quit with the excuses and double standards, I refuse to continue supporting this game after 2k hours with every DLC purchased on launch. Take the exclusives away if you want and give them to everyone, fine, but don't single one out because it was "different" when it reality, it wasn't, it was a bonus for purchasing something else just like Dweard.

• AkiTheKitten

Uh, merch and a convention ticket aren't the same things tho

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    edited November 2019

I, too, somehow fail to see the difference between supporting the developers directly with a purchase and buying entry to a convention where numerous freebies are present.

Oh, I have 9k hours, too.

/s

Post edited by Raccoon on
  • Valkari
    Valkari Member Posts: 33

It doesn't matter. You paid money for something, and got bonuses, each time. Neither were purchased directly as they were free with purchases.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

tbf, there DbD was different back then. Much safer and stronger loops, more pallets in general, event hooks sabotaging, toxic killers camping the last event gen when they saw its a lose for them anyway... Im not saying every match was like that, but they existed and it was very frustrating at some times. Especially for those who couldnt play everyday. I personally dont care. I earned them back then, I lost them recently and Im happy that I will get them back again. For me the value doesnt get lowered just because everyone has it. I have a personal story/experience behind these cosmetics and thats already worth it to have participated.

Seriously think about this: We had an event! A real event and very beautiful. These poor souls of new players will never get a good event like this again. At least not in the near future. Im happy with the experience I had :)

• AkiTheKitten

Yeah, but the convention is completely separate from BHVR themselves, booth or not. It's not like DBD merch where people payed specifically for things BHVR sells.