The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Players who DC: what will you do now?

Comments

• Sleephartha
    Sleephartha Member Posts: 242

Lol. I didn’t write it while very angry. But if it expresses a tone that I think this is a bad solution that avoids the real issue, mission accomplished. And look, I don’t feel I should be PUNISHED and have to wait an EXTRA EXTRA long time between games for DC’ing from the situations above. I already wait an EXTRA long time in between matches because of the games technical problems and killer dcs and player dcs. And maybe 1/4 of the time I play with a friend so if I dc now he would get inconvenienced too. I guess my point is really that a majority of DCs are because the survivor is already being sh** on for some reason. And now if he wants to DC to stop being sh** on he gets sh** on. Lol. I expect I’ll just hit my limit pretty soon and move on to another game...

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

I was exaggerating and being sarcastic as I thought what you said was ridiculous. You outright stated that you dc if you don't like how the match is going.

As you say here:

"Some killers put on slugging build which makes me bored and frustrated because waiting on the ground and bleeding out but waiting a lot. In this kind of matches, I go DC. My time is important for me and if I do not enjoy the game, I do not play."

• HamdaN
    HamdaN Member Posts: 343

so when everyone else is down and my only chance is to kobe, might as well get punished right :)

• Bamallamadingdong
    Bamallamadingdong Member Posts: 34

And if a ######### team just doesn't unhook someone and they die on first hook everyone gets a black pip? There's no way to tell if someone suicided on hook, so there's not much point in trying to punish it any more than it already gets punished.

• Bamallamadingdong
    Bamallamadingdong Member Posts: 34

I imagine if rank ever actually means something people would be less likely to suicide on hook, BHVR tried to punish D/Cing with 2 depips up until now but it didn't work because no one cares about rank. If they somehow do fix the ranking system so that people actually care about pipping I think that people would suicide less.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Exactly. Pips mean nothing. They could take away a whole rank worth and it wouldn't matter. Because there are no rewards and those games just reinforce the fact that you're playing for nothing outside of what you enjoy in game.

• Kabu

Wish voting down was still a thing. This post would deserve it.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited November 2019

To every DCer moving on to suiciding on the Hook...

The more they'll do it, the more the devs'll notice it until they finally say it's a problem and it'll get addressed.

Preferably to me, they make phase 2 on the Hook automatic so that 1: DCers can't skip the 2nd minute at least, 2: The complaint about button pressing in that phase is gone, and 3: No Hatch giveaways.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    edited November 2019

Die on first hook hehe

I only would be doing this if I was gonna get tunneled again anyways

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Positive change, positive change and another positive change!!! Seriously making the struggle automatic would be good for multiple reasons so I’m sure they won’t ever do that

• Mathen
    Mathen Member Posts: 40

Wish voting down was still a thing. This post would deserve it.

• johnmwarner

so you’re mad about waiting out ONE MINUTE, but you have no problem DCing and screwing the team over for 5-10 minutes of an unfun game

• schmoker988
    schmoker988 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2019

change the side cause survivor are the ######### side like literally who wants to play with ######### campers and tunnler and want to rewards them for that not for me fck u bhvr u made this game even worst

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Another thing we will see: How many players are in fact leaving the match early intentionally?

In my experience, the disconnect sound is not a reliable indicator to see whether the surv left intentionally or if the game bugged/crashed.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238
  • ImKateDenson
    ImKateDenson Member Posts: 33

Even staff members of dbd dc so I don’t think they can do something ^^

• johnmwarner

How about the time of the other 3 people on your team? If I wait 3 minutes for a game then my teammate gets down 30 second into the game and DCs he has now ruined my game and the other players as well.

The killer downed you, saw someone and moved on to down them too for monstrous momentum. Sorry he didn’t play the way you wanted and hook you letting them get away to a safe loop.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

ill be really sad sitting for my unban because i get timed out because of wifi problems

• rikaa
    rikaa Member Posts: 81

Yeah, so I did not understand what is wrong here :D ?

• Sleephartha
    Sleephartha Member Posts: 242

As I already expressed, assuming it wasn't toxic teammates that caused it, my teammates should understand that the DC was more than likely from toxic killer gameplay or technical issues which are the real problem here. DC'ing is a symptom not a cause.

• johnmwarner

You act like the first time will be a permanent ban... it’ll start slowly most likely at like 5 minutes, which wouldn’t bother you anyways because you need to reboot your router anyways probably to correct the WiFi issue.

• gaymer504
    gaymer504 Member Posts: 40

People are just going to kill themselves on hook now. Why haven’t the devs tried giving rewards for reaching low rank? A lot of people don’t mind disconnecting because rank doesn’t really matter in this game. If some juicy reward is waiting for them at rank one, maybe people will think twice about disconnecting.

• Kabu

English does not seem to be your strongest attribute so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You're part of the problem. You don't like something so you dc rather than playing the game. Incredibly selfish. Why play a multiplayer game if that's your mentality?

Reminds me of the survivors who change their name to "Hillbilly = DC" or "Plague = DC." Or, DC after getting downed first. Entitled as hell. They don't like something so decide to ruin it for everyone else. You've already admitted to doing things like that.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Rizzo90 I'm curious as i've noticed more killers pulling the ethernet lately that ends the game and sends everyone back to the lobby. Will this penalize all 5 players in the match. This has been happening more frequent lately. I wanna know if you will be able to discern who is at fault and not wrongly penalize everyone. @Peanits @not_Queen

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

Most likely hook suicide. You cannot force to play like they give a F, if they don't actually care. So end result a few more BPs for killer but people will still just duck out of the match by any means.

• THEghostface
    THEghostface Member Posts: 296

You have have a 4% chance to self-unhook without perks. Why even bother removing that?

• MightyDwight
    MightyDwight Member Posts: 156

The theory was that removing it means DCers can't instead force themselves into stage 2 & then not struggle. A removal of the way so many people are going to wuss out once DCing is punished.

• Outland

Only a fool would continue to play a match where they are having ZERO fun. So yeah people will die on hook , asap, to move on to the next match. You can call them names in an attempt to SHAME them into playing, but they will ignore the insults and go find another match.

Perhaps, just perhaps some of the causes of dc'ing should be addressed so people don't want to dc?

How about that?

• MightyDwight

You can't address the causes of DCing, because people will DC for any reason whatsoever.

First one downed? DC.

Grabbed off a generator? DC.

Pulled out of a locker? DC.

Feel like the Killer camped (even if they did no such thing)? DC.

Feel like the Killer tunneled (even if they did no such thing)? DC.

Killer is running <insert perk you don't like here>? DC.

Killer is playing <insert Killer you don't like here>? DC.

It's called 'sportsmanship' and it's kind of an unspoken agreement NOT to be a ######### when someone logs into a multiplayer game, because other players are relying on you to make the match enjoyable, to an extent.

But considering how many people whine and snivel 'Muh fun is more important than 4 other players!' and 'If /I'm/ not having fun, why should I stay?' and other head-up-butt comments; I'm not really surprised DCing is such a plague on this game.

• Outland

So WHO told you DbD was a team game? It is supposed to be 4 strangers thrown into an ordeal.

When the game first came out, there was videos, on how you can play. As a survivor you didn't need to beat the Killer you just needed to get out of the game. Which meant people were able to play how they liked. Thus the whole Dwight in a Locker meme.

Make no mistake, a lot of players will leave you in the game to die, if their escape points are threatened.

Sportsmanship is another concept used to control peoples behaviour in this game.

When it comes down to it, casual players only have a finite amount of time to play. And you can bet your butt they will want to maximize their enjoyment in that limited time. So yeah if they end up in a round that they will not have fun in, they are of course going to bail.

You can call them all the names if you like, or try to guilt them in playing the round , because people LOVE to be miserable so that another TOTAL STRANGER can continue to have fun.

Its called human nature, and no amount of shaming can change it.

• MightyDwight

You picked a really bad hill to die on, if you defending people's right to DC & ruin the game for other players. Seriously.

Sportsmanship is not..ok, it DOES control how people act in games, from PC games to console games to backyard games to pro sports. It's supposed make people BETTER PEOPLE and better people to play with.

But if that's somehow bad for you; then I don't know what to say. Your views are terribly skewed.

• Outland

I'm defending peoples right to play the game they paid for anyway they like. If they are using the rules of the game to complete a trial. Why does anyone need to placate the other players. As long as no rules are broken, then the game play is legit, yes even if you don't like it.

You like your freedoms right?

Removing any of them is a bad idea.

• MightyDwight

'I paid for it' is not an excuse.

Also, DCing is against the rules, so rules are broken when a person DCs.

And hook suicide is just going to be another symptom once DCing is punished more harshly. It will be the same end result as the same thing Devs have and will continue to punish for. That kind of says, from a logic standpoint, that it should ALSO be looked at and possibly punished.

But on these forums, logic seems to have been left on the hook to die.

• Outland

"I paid for it " is the exact reason why people can play how they want.

And my comment was about people just dieing on the hook now that DC'ing has a punishment. And that they should be able to and they do not have to worry about what anyone else thinks

And DCing is NOT AGAINST THE RULES, its just frowned upon and carries a consequence. As long as you are fine with the consequence then no foul.

So there is some logic for ya.

I'm sorry you think that someone is obligated to play the game by what YOU deem is right, but the truth is they are not.

• MightyDwight

I..what? No, seriously...WHAT!?

'It's frowned upon and carries a consequence'. Yes..it gets punished...BECAUSE IT'S AGAINST THE DAMN RULES! THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU BREAK THE RULES; YOU GET PUNISHED!

• johnmwarner

Lower ranks are generally so chill, I get to red to make sure I can then after that start stupid builds I don’t care about winning with

• Outland

Anyways man, we are talking about people purposely dieing on the hook, not DCing. Which is 100% fine with the rules.

• rikaa

My english is not your occupation firstly. Are you fed up with people who DC in your matches, then play with SWF. Because people will never stop DCing. If I am selfish then %50+ of players in dbd are selfish. Sorry but I am not a stupid. People will DC when they do not like it, and I won't? It is foolish. That is your opinion. How ever you think or call me. I do not care. Everybody does not act like they are supposed to, so why do I? I did not admitt things like that. I do not change my name never, I do not DC because of what the killer is, because of getting downed first. I played against very good killers before.( spirits, nurses etc.) My goal isn't ruining people's game. I used to complain about DCing issue when I played with randoms. So I played at rank-1 with full SWF without any random. If I play with randoms I will take the risk and be aware of that someone DC. I will keep DCing unless all players who play DBD stop DCing. So that is it. You like or hate this truth but people will DC. Better not to complain about it...

• rikaa
    edited November 2019

You speak like I DC every single match and I just sit in bushes or hide. In 20-25 matches I 2-3 times DC and in most of matches I escape even I do not try hard to escape, I just make killer chase me, do flashlight saves, cleaning totems, unhooking people bla bla. Not actually doing my objective like doing gens. But when I DC, I find myself right and I justify it, I will. Also because of the new coming system I moslty tend not to DC since they collect reports or checking it. I kill myself on the hook. There is nothing against the game rules here. I may want to try my luck by attempting. So, I think there is nothing to say anything about it.

• MissBehavingX
    MissBehavingX Member Posts: 493

I'm gonna take a guess and say that is a very small percentage. You know most people rage quit when they disconnect.

Just last night I got a killer disconnect, he had 2 people hooked during end game, I cleansed her NOED and we managed to unhook the 2 players and he hooked 3 more back which we all unhooked and manage to escape, well, almost because she disconnected as soon as we reached the exit gate.. That is not uncommon, at all, I've had killers do that during end game a lot, same with survivors. They leave when they are about to get mori'd or if they feel like they've been "tunneled" or just frustrated because they've been caught.. It's very difficult to eradicate the "rage quit" culture lol

• MissBehavingX

I say let's change it to "Rage quit LOL" and "Internet dieded" haha

• MissBehavingX

Ok so, most of us are talking about survivors disconnecting, but what about the killers? are they just gonna stand there and wait for the game to be over? what are the guys who rage quit gonna do? I've had my fair share of killers who DC when they cant catch you or when the exit doors open or when they cleanse the noed, etc.

• Kenidur
    Kenidur Member Posts: 156

you get into a horrible match, Killer is camping / tunneling / sugging, survivors are tbagging, gen rushing, cleaning your Ruin totem right off the bat, the round just isn't enjoyable. Why are you forcing players to stay? It's not a cure, or a fix. It's an infected band-aid it will bite you. If you're going to force me to continue in rounds that are hideous in that nature, then I'll take the first few queue bans and soon after I'll quit. A game isn't worth playing if it isn't fun.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Bye, you will not be missed. All the DC'ers can leave, cya. gg no re

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

I've seen this problem in many other games, people disconnect and there's that segment of players that think penalties alone will solve the issue. However until the developers address the underlying reason why people disconnect, they're going to be ways to circumvent it or people are simply going to accept being temporarily suspended. And then what? What happens is that people stop playing altogether. I think Behaviour should survey everyone to ascertain the reasons people disconnect. Bans and suspensions are of course needed but a resolution to common DC reasons is also a very compelling objective.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Survivors regularly DC on first down. Or first hit. Or first sight. Or beeing a certain killer. I play fair and fun for all, but they will still disconnect on first contact. If you disconnect because you're getting camped, you are the problem why camping works. If a survivor is a douche, you tunnelcamp him. There's no need to DC for any stupid reason, i could play this game for thousands of hours without DC'ing unless it was bugrelated. Beeing stuck in the ground or a tree or whatever. Never for gameplay

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,908

A reminder to you all to not insult, flame or harass other users on this thread...if you are unable to discuss something civilly I will lock the thread.

• johnmwarner

Seriously, DC rewards the killer for camping. Like if he thinks he can facecamp you for 10 seconds and that will make you attempt escape and then not struggle it’s worth it for him. It’s not fun but he’s instantly turned the game 3-1 and makes it so much easier on himself.