Players who DC: what will you do now?

1235»

Comments

• Apackawolves
    Apackawolves Member Posts: 65

They need to add a similar mechanic for killers who leave a full lobby. I get so tired of this. The killer leaves so they can dodge SWF or survivors they view as a threat. Then you get errors, and host unreachable. And end up spending 10 or 15 minutes in the que because of some A hole.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I for one am very happy with the changes

Sure punishing DC is not e best solution but people really had it coming

I can understand dcing when you have unplayable lag

Dcing because broken stuff is kinda iffy to me but i can understand, it's not fun

But people were dcing for the stupidest things

Being found first, facing a killer they don't like even if that killer is playing a regular build, don't like the map, getting looped, going down at any point in the game, before getting the last hook just to deny the killer points

People straight up abused the system

• AkiTheKitten
    AkiTheKitten Member Posts: 670

I already 1-hooked myself against annoying things like Iri-head or Forever Freddy so nothing changes. Yeah I know how to counter it, but it's so boring

• DAMNFASTDEAD
    DAMNFASTDEAD Member Posts: 251

I don't consider suicide on the hook a DC at all. In my opinion it fits to the story and the supposed intention behind the game.

When the killer finds you, your chances are enormously diminished.

If it just happens that a player accepts exactly that after the first hanging and checks in the kill to the killer, I see in it no problem and no offence against the so-called rules of the game.

I call them so-called rules of the game that because I don't officially know them. I read in the forum at various places only again and again, in which direction the course of the game is bent. Since I bought the game one thing was always clear to me and no problem for me:

If the killer finds me, he can also kill me. That's OK. I also count the sacrificial hooks among them. For me this is always a sign that he wants his kills. That's OK and I like to give it to my opponent.

I also see that as part of the transported lore of the game.

If a player is taken out of the game just as early as that, either because he does it himself by killing himself on the hook, or he gets unhooked in front of the killer and killed by Mori, then the consequences are always the same afterwards.

From my point of view it is a 50:50 chance with the same outcome.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Luckily people start to kill themselves on hooks so they get rid of the kobe mechanic (like someone said up there, you can just unhook yourself if you will succed 100%) and the godawful struggle mash button crap.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

It's funny because all I'm going to do when this goes live is facecamp, slug, and tunnel for a full two weeks of gameplay. This is the culling, boys! The reapenning is nigh!

I will consider it gods work when I facepalm the Philistines into self banning. What say you of your DC gods, now? They have all but abandoned you!

Lmao forreal tho, this might be my favorite meta to come yet!

• concious_consumer
    concious_consumer Member Posts: 282

game being so lame that I've to d/c?->going to play/do something else->you stay and enjoy even longer que times kekw