Unfun and frustrating to play against: The Ghostface

Options

The Ghostface should be the next part of this game that has to be revisited. This killer is totally unfun and frustrating to play against, especially for casual players.

There is no real counter to his power, since you can be exposed while literally standing in front of him and staring at him. This killer is the ultimate tunneling machine, since he can easily counter BT and down people right off the hook again.

Most GF players rely on tunneling and slugging.

GF should not be able to hide his red stain and his TR. It benefits the killer way too much without requiring any effort any effort.

The ability to crouch spam should be taken away, since it is abused by almost every GF killer.

I can see the devs' original intention when creating this killer, but sadly these things are abused by killer main players.

Please make facing ghostface enjoyable for survivors.

Comments

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

Most Ghosties I play against don't camp, slug, or tunnel. They tend to go out and stalk their prey. The bad ones camp and tunnel. You can usually tell them because they are the ones who cry "SWF" or "survivor sided" when the other 3 people simply do gens and escape.

If you're paying attention to your surroundings instead of mindlessly shoving your fingers into a gen, you won't get caught out. It's amazing how much information is revealed by panning your camera around. This works against Myers and Amanda as well, so you should practice it. Besides, he's loud AF, imo even louder than heavy breathing Myers. I usually hear him before I can see him.

I normally don't have issues with revealing him, always take great pleasure in doing it from a hook, but he does have add-ons that increase the difficulty of doing this. Think they reduce the distance you can reveal him from, so a good GF will know that distance, stalk you from outside of it, and expose you without danger to his cloak.

As far as removing hiding his TR... uh... that's one of his strengths and how he was designed. Every stealth Killer has this as an option, giving them some form of strategy to avoid things like BT that proc within the TR. Myers + M&A + dead rabbit is one of my favorite Killers to play simply because of this. You can get an enormous number of grabs and mindgame a lot of people simply because they are so used to that TR, that they can't effectively loop or juke without it. You can tell the really good Survivors because lack of TR changes nothing about their game.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    edited January 2020
    Options

There is no real counter to his power, since you can be exposed while literally standing in front of him and staring at him. This killer is the ultimate tunneling machine, since he can easily counter BT and down people right off the hook again.

edit: I know it’s bait but GF does have issues so I treated it legit for the sake of it

Pretty much my only issues with GF. Being able to expose people mid-chase while being able to easily reset reveal with little risk isn't skillful or challenging, it just feels bad to play against as he isn't outplaying me, but just playing with broken mechanics. The easily reset-able reveal without losing stalk also flies in the face of the devs reasoning for ruin involving little risk. This isn't even going into how broken the actual reveal is, with GF being directly in view, yet according to the game, I can't see him.

I'm not sure if its a dedicated server issue (among many) or if its the actual reveal that is broken, probably both honestly

One example of reveal being objectively unfair:

• oh yes i should have just played around it !!!

There are PLENTY of examples I could link showing him chasing and being apparently invisible to the game.

• the rest of your complaints; crouch spam, tunneling, camping etc are not an issue really to me
    • i can’t wait till someone tries to justify that gif and spin it as my fault kek
    Post edited by BigTimeGamer on
  • Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

Sure when you can not hit skillchecks and can not loop, there is no counterplay. facepalm

• Seltas0208
    Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056
    Options

If your baiting. Well bloody done this looks like someone is genuinely angry that a killer can hide its red stain to play mindgames

If your not. Are you taking the [bad Word]?

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,793
    Options

it's either you don't reveal him in plain sight or reveal him through walls lol

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

He's just quite a challenge in dbd mobile, but overly he is completely okay 🥰🥰🥰

• Infckingcredible
    Infckingcredible Member Posts: 145
    edited January 2020
    Options

I think he is one of the few killers which are fun to play against.

Anyways, he needs a fix from a survivor AND killer perspective regarding the ability to get him out of stealth.

Also: nice /s

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

Check where the box is on your screen that you have to get him in order to reveal him and do not block it with your own model because that can be wonky at times as shown in the video.

• Wesker
    Wesker Member Posts: 339
    Options

I just write the well known response gave to all guys like him...

The years elapse and play killer become harder and harder but survivor easy and easy, everyone cares to give free milk to noob survivors but no one cares about noob killers. How is supposed a new Ghostface player to have fun with this dumb nerf? Toxic survivor mains like you will lead developers to change this game to a point where play survivor will be boring and play killer frustrating. All you have to do is uninstall this game, Steam, sell your PC and go rest in a coffin. If you don't understand the basic balance of every game, you should not be a gamer.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

If this actually wasen't a bait then i would advice you to word things differently

Using almost the exact same words as the survivor bias dev note is a sure way of nobody taking you seriously

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Theres no such thing as reworks

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,256
    edited January 2020
    Options

Only thing that needs adjusted on GF is the reveal mechanic otherwise he's good. Mostly just needs to be more clear that the center of your screen is covering him enough to reveal.

Main thing I notice playing against him is sometimes I'll randomly break him out of shroud while he's behind a wall without me knowing where he was + sometimes you can't break his shroud around certain props even though you can see him. I want to speculate it's a graphics options issue because I remember a long time ago Myers could stalk survivors behind a wall or props if it wasn't rendered on his side.

For example a barrel that doesn't appear at a certain distance and instead of not being able to stalk at all you could take a step back on low graphics settings and it would disappear and you could stalk the survivor because there wouldn't be anything hiding them. They would sit there though because they believe they're still hidden.

I just assume something similar to that is the issue with Ghostface reveal mechanic.

Also yeah I get your thread is bait but regardless I'm going to take it seriously.

Complaining about a killer being able to teabag really detracts from your thread to be honest and some of your points genuinely come off as bait. If you worded some of your points differently I'd probably not have jumped to that conclusion. Then again I don't think I could ever agree with a killer not being able to perform their power efficiently. Example being the TR / Stain proposal you made.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

All I really want is for his reveal mechanic to actually work properly, it can be frustrating for both sides.

You can stare into his soul and he just looks back and slowly reveals you as if nothing's happening, and sometimes you play as him and the survivors open a network of wormholes or something and reveal you through time and space.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    Options

Have you ever played a game as killer above purple?

• shadowman0105
    shadowman0105 Member Posts: 261
    Options

Thanks I always thought you had to look at his face

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445
    Options

Yes and just in case u dont know:

Devs aren't supposed to balance the game around sweaty tryhards.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,498
    Options

Here we go again.

• Murcielago
    Murcielago Member Posts: 163
    Options

Unless you want this to be a solo party game like Mario party which I think dbd is coming to but if it's actually trying to be competitive then yes yes you do need to balance for high rank it's called trickle down balancing

• Infinity_Bored
    Options

I want this game to be enjoyable and not forcing me to sweat out of my butthole.

I guess the devs want to keep the majority of the playerbase happy, cause this will mean more income for them.

• Reaper_xx
    Reaper_xx Member Posts: 173
    Options

Object of Obsession was a good counter but people complain too much. In my opinion, the devs shouldn't mess with it.

• Murcielago
    Options

The game can be fun and competitive I think if it is competitive we need a unranked mode more for fun then you can balance for high ranks then it will be balanced for low ranks

• Infinity_Bored
    Options

Split the playerbase the make the queue times even worse.

This is the best idea that came to your mind?

• Murcielago
    Options

As it is now if people playing for fun go against someone who tries to be competitive they aren't going to have fun and if that continues why wouldn't they leave ?

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Are you actually complaining that ghostface can teabag.

It's literally something that survivors are able to do as well removing it from the game literally will do nothing about it stop mild instances of BM and trust me people will just find different ways to do it.

Hell even with how slow Amanda's crouching can be people still use it to tea bag.

Trappers deliberately set up and step in their own traps just to troll and BM

Wraith bing their bong

Billy and Bubba rev spam

I've seen legions vault spam

You will literally never be able to stop people from bming whether it's a survivor or killer whining about it and demanding it be removed is literally pointless

• Infinity_Bored
    Options

Well if you would take some time and actually read the topic, you would have seen that i already agreed, that this point was BS and caused by my madness after being abused by a GF main once more.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    edited January 2020
    Options

It is quite boring as survivor actually.

The sad part is that even as mediocre as i am at survivor (still rank 1 btw LOL), i know the killer is "sweating out of their butthole" just to catch me. Everything is so damn safe, and 3 lives + extra life perks just makes it even easier.

Almost every loop has a spot that you can stand at to know exactly what the killer is doing, the shack is full of holes to remove any and all mind games, the entire thing is designed for someone sitting on a couch with a controller and a short attention span, while the killer gets overwhelmed by the ticking clock.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

You have a 1 in 18 chance of going against Ghostface...

Killers play SWF practically every game.

Use spine chill.... You're welcome.

• Infinity_Bored
    Options

Actually not, since some killers are played more frequently.

Especially abusing GF is one of them.

Back to school my friend.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

His reveal mechanic is pretty broken but other than that I have no problems with him.

• TunnelVision
    Options

Because people like you scream for nerfs rather than using counters...

Which results in a nerf making them utterly useless.

But yeah, i'll see you in class ;)

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045
    Options

How he can ignore BT if TR doesnt mind anymore?

Stealth killer that cant stealth nice! Btw theres a sound that warn you he is on stealth mode and you should look around.

Ok lets quit crouching to survs so they cant hide and avoid hatchets of huntress.If you mind Tbagging for survs or killers its annoying yeah but its also harmless I mean it does do nothing.

• Infinity_Bored
    Options
  • johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

I’m not sure which he is referring to, but you can here his cloak flapping in the wind for some reason.

As someone who plays both sides, not even close. Maybe 1/5 solo games I play I’m teamed up with even 2 people together. And as killer I can tell by the other party’s perks and endgame arguing that they aren’t together that often. Nowhere near every game.

• TunnelVision
    Options

I play both sides as well. Even 2 people in a team is SWF, nowhere near as bad as 4 man, but it's still SWF.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822
    Options

I wish I could give this the response it deserves