The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivors last second character lobby SWITCH ! [IMPORTANT]

BogdanNEK
BogdanNEK Member Posts: 65
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

Accept it or not?

"When there are few seconds left until the game will start loading the survivors are able to switch character with other gear and killers can end up in situations like":

• 4 surv. with toolbox
  • 4 surv. with flashlight
  • etc.

If this is intended we'll debate here if you accept it or not. Leave your oppinion, your experiences, your pros & cons

Ty! This topic is for the good of the game and the more legit answers the faster the solution will come.

Devs answer so far, thank you @Runiver:
From Horvath: _"The insta lobby switching , we had thought about letting the killer continue to switch his loadout for something like 10-15 seconds after the survivors lock in but just an idea, to give you an idea that we are thinking about that as well" _

Some of the best pros & cons collected so far:

• "The last second switch removed the Killers ability to prepare. If last second switching is cool, then why is there a lobby at all?" - by KOutland
  • "My game just crashes when this happens, not because of the items itself"
  • "If this happens to me, i'll not dodge the lobby while in loading screen, but i will go and focus that person. when i catch them, i'll simply drag and drop them to a hook and start a nice little converstion with them, until they die and i can go away" - by Mr.xD
  • "I will simply leave. I didnt sign up for this crap"
  • "I exit at 6 seconds left" - by Arigato
  • "If it happens and enough people switch I just face camp." - by Cetren
  • "If I don't care, I just don't care. They can switch all they want and I'll still do what I always do. If I get rekt, oh well, I'll write their names down and move on to the next match. And they will be dodged when I see them again" - by Mringasa
  • "If they pull a last second switch on me, I'll gladly ALT-F4." - by FriendlyRoach
  • "As surv main I hate to play with those." - by simension
  • "I switch last second because as soon as I bring in a toolbox/flashlight the killer ditches"-by THO
  • "alt f4 and problem was solved - and DAMN they lost rly good offerings.
    normally i never end a game by myself, but this is really ♥♥♥♥ed up and a waste of time." - by LADY

• "if person is last second switcher he is toxic person to begin with and I know I'm not going to have a great time so I alt+f4 after offering screen to burn all the offerings in the process." - by Laakeri

P.S.: Identity V already has a system to fix this. BHVR already worked with Netease to help them out, why don't they draw some inspiration back?
On survivor side, it says you have 1 minute. Hunters, however have 1 minute and 10 seconds to counter last second switches. It's not hard to do aparently, as they added it pretty quickly. -(by Alsend_Drake)

Post edited by BogdanNEK on

Comments

• BogdanNEK

After weeks this feature is still going on. What do you think about it now?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Vietfox said:
    Should be as White Noise 2. Survivors cant see the killer and killer cant see survivors and what they got.

Then give Lightborn, Franklin's Demise, and any other perks that interact with Survivor items as default game mechanics to the Killer.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    This is just another way to exploit a badly designed mechanic, which should be fixed.  The intent was to give killers a chance to adjust thier load-out.

Of course, lobby dodging for items is also exploiting a badly designed mechanic, so I'd like to see the devs fix that as well.

Ideally, there would be an actual punishment for DC in place.  At that point, we could add a 15 second timer for killers to adjust after survivors ready up.  Then apply the DC penalty to killers who lobby dodge after the survivors lock in and before the match starts.

The problem is, you can't fix one side of the problem without making the other worse.  Just add the killer timer - lobby dodging gets worse.  Penalize lobby dodging without a chance to change loudouts - last second switching gets worse.  Enforce the current DC penalty - deranking gets far quicker and easier, thus even more prevelant.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Vietfox said:
    Survivors have to take their chances when picking small game or calm spirit, so should the killers.
    I honestly cant understand this fear for survivors loadout, if you are so worried on having a succesful match you arent enjoying the game at 100%.

Survivors are not the power role. This is an asymmetrical game.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

If the Survivors aren't ready'd up by the 15-20 second mark I dodge.

EZPZ.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Vietfox said:
    Orion said:

@Vietfox said:
    Should be as White Noise 2. Survivors cant see the killer and killer cant see survivors and what they got.

Then give Lightborn, Franklin's Demise, and any other perks that interact with Survivor items as default game mechanics to the Killer.

Survivors have to take their chances when picking small game or calm spirit, so should the killers.
    I honestly cant understand this fear for survivors loadout, if you are so worried on having a succesful match you arent enjoying the game at 100%.
    And that's the reason why White Noise 2 has 300 players and DbD has slightly more.
  • BogdanNEK

@Vortexas said:

EZPZ.

90% or more are just idling, watching you tube, etc. You'll have to dodge a lot of games for the <10% that switch survivor or put new items.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    edited August 2018

@BogdanNEK said:

@Vortexas said:

EZPZ.

90% or more are just idling, watching you tube, etc. You'll have to dodge a lot of games for the <10% that switch survivor or put new items.

Not my problem. I get full lobbies pretty fast.

Besides, if they aren't playing attention to the game, they shouldn't have it loaded.

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

Just make characters not remember items, perks, offering etc... ez fix

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:

Killer should still have the advantage in a 4vs1.

Agreed and while survivors should be able to see each other I mean you're literally standing a few feet from each other. The killer should always see the survivors and their loadouts as well as offerings unless secret which're actually pretty obvious.

Loadouts like perks would be a little to much. But if the killer can change his loadout after all survivors clicked ready, then I'm ok with that.
  • Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

Please, by all means do your last minute switches. It just gives me a reason to do my first minute disconnects. I'm sure your teammates will thank you for wasting their offerings.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Vortexas said:

EZPZ.

I also do this for two reasons. One making me wait and two for last second switch outs.

• Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175

I'm not too worried about the switches anymore. Since the quicker pick up speeds and the BNP nerf the only thing I worry about potentially is the insta-heal medkits.

• BasementLeatherBoi
    BasementLeatherBoi Member Posts: 72

My experience as killer whenever one or two people last second switch they’d get destroyed anyway. I run leatherface with enduring and franklins so any last second switch’s don’t really affect me in any way. I’m more likely to chase or camp that person who did a last second switch. Especially if it’s a prestige survivor with a flashlight.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Franklin's Demise.....but having said that I can see why it's not ideal to ALWAYS waste a perk slot because u HAVE to. 
  • Venom_91
    Venom_91 Member Posts: 13

Just face camp who switch al last second, and maybe the next time he will not do it anymore..

• BogdanNEK

This problem is not addressed yet by the devs.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    BogdanNEK said:

This problem is not addressed yet by the devs.

Because it's not a problem
  • Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753

@Vietfox said:

Why i'm not surprised.

• Vietfox
    edited September 2018
    Giche said:

@Vietfox said:

Why i'm not surprised.

When i play as a killer i set my loadout first, create the lobby and press ready as soon as i get there. Most of the times i don't even reach 00:30.
    Also read what @George_Soros said.
    Edit: you can see it on top of the page but i'll say it again: killers shouldn't be able to see who are the survivors and what items they got. Last second switch solved.
  • Giche
    edited September 2018

@Vietfox said:
    When i play as a killer i set my loadout first, create the lobby and press ready as soon as i get there. Most of the times i don't even reach 00:30.

The fact that the killer can see the survivor's loadout and not otherwise so he can adjust his addons is basicaly the core of the balance and the concept of this game.

As stated multiple time by the devs.

Why are we even discussing this ?

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Before you defend this behavior, remember that this is circumventing a core part of the game's design.

The Survivors outnumber the killers and get the opportunity to co-ordinate their offerings and perks while in the lobby. This is why the killer gets a clue as to what's coming... to help give him the opportunity to counter-pick what he sees. This has been stated over and over in the various Dev streams. When you last-second switch, you are exploiting a weakness in the game that lets you circumvent the intent of the devs.

And before you say "but nobody coordinates in the survivor lobby", that's not the killer's fault - that is on YOU as the survivor to talk to your team. Sometimes, all it takes is a "Hey, I'm running Up The Ante and throwing in some luck if you wanna stack on it" to get the conversation going.

• Vietfox
    Giche said:

@Vietfox said:

The fact that the killer can see the survivor's loadout and not otherwise so he can adjust his addons is basicaly the core of the balance and the concept of this game.

As stated multiple time by the devs.

Why are we even discussing this ?

Cause op created the thread.
  • Giche

@Vietfox

There is nothing to discuss.

This is exploiting a weakness in the game.

This is cheesy and toxic, why do you defend this ?

• Vietfox
    Giche said:

@Vietfox

Cause "promotes" lobby dodging. Not being able to see each other would be way simpler and faster.
    I personally never do it, i set my loadout before looking for a lobby and press ready when i get there, but i understand why some people do it.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Giche said:

@Vietfox said:

Why i'm not surprised.

It actually isnt a problem. Just dodge the lobby if the plebs are not ready at the 10 sec mark :wink:

• FrenziedRoach

@Vietfox said:
    Giche said:

@Vietfox

Cause "promotes" lobby dodging. Not being able to see each other would be way simpler and faster.
    I personally never do it, i set my loadout before looking for a lobby and press ready when i get there, but i understand why some people do it.

Lobby dodging wouldn't be a thing if certain mechanics weren't so blue-ball frustrating to deal with.

Lobby dodging is just a symptom of a much larger issue... one that the devs thankfully seem to be aware of, even if they are slow at finding a solution.

• Giche
    edited September 2018

@Vietfox

If the game was more balanced with less unfair tools for survivors, lobby dodging would never had took these proportion.

Fixing the symptom, not the consequences.

I personally only dodge 4X same items, for obvious reasons.

Edit: Just noticed that FrenziedRoach just typed the exact same thing lul

• Giche

@Master

I know this, thanks.

What i'm saying is that shouldn't even be possible from the get go.

• Master

@Vietfox said:
    FrenziedRoach said:

@Vietfox said:

Giche said:

@Vietfox

Lobby dodging wouldn't be a thing if certain mechanics weren't so blue-ball frustrating to deal with.

Lobby dodging is just a symptom of a much larger issue... one that the devs thankfully seem to be aware of, even if they are slow at finding a solution.

Frustration is a subjective feeling, some people need to tell the difference between something being annoying and broken.
    I've been kicked from lobby many times because one of us equipped a SINGLE flashlight, 2 toolboxes... Sorry for using tools provided by the game lol.

When an ingame item can cause IRL inconvenience or even pain (in some cases), then its time to dodge the lobby. This is a game and I dont want to suffer just because I picked killer :wink:

SWF with flashlight+2 boxes is an auto dodge from me too if I play in highish ranks. (I dont play meta killers though)

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited September 2018

Identity V fixed this with allowing the Hunter to get more time than survivors in the waiting room in the lobby

meaning survivors only get 60 seconds

Killer have 1 minute and 20

surely DBD can do the same

• Vietfox
    Master said:

@Vietfox said:
    FrenziedRoach said:

@Vietfox said:

Giche said:

@Vietfox

Frustration is a subjective feeling, some people need to tell the difference between something being annoying and broken.
    I've been kicked from lobby many times because one of us equipped a SINGLE flashlight, 2 toolboxes... Sorry for using tools provided by the game lol.

When an ingame item can cause IRL inconvenience or even pain (in some cases), then its time to dodge the lobby. This is a game and I dont want to suffer just because I picked killer :wink:

SWF with flashlight+2 boxes is an auto dodge from me too if I play in highish ranks. (I dont play meta killers though)

Cause IRL inconvenience or pain? A game?
    Sort out your priorities mates @Master @Giche
  • Giche

@Vietfox

That's not answering the question directly.

I want your opinion on that hypothetical case : Would it be worth it to play the game if all killers you face were with this particular configuration?

• Master

@Vietfox said:
    Master said:

@Vietfox said:

FrenziedRoach said:

@Vietfox said:

Giche said:

@Vietfox There is nothing to discuss. This is exploiting a weakness in the game. This is cheesy and toxic, why do you defend this ? Cause "promotes" lobby dodging. Not being able to see each other would be way simpler and faster.

Cause IRL inconvenience or pain? A game?
    Sort out your priorities mates @Master @Giche

Priorities? What do you mean?
    It is inconvenient indeed when a monitor is bright white flashing at you (especially if in a dark room) and if you are light sensitive, this actually causes real pain. We already had a few threads about this

• FrenziedRoach
    edited September 2018

@Vietfox said:

Oh, I get it man. I play survivor too. (my survivor rank is actually better than my Killer rank this season....) I've had lobbies dumped that made me go "why?"

But, I never blame the killer for it. I've spent too much time on their side to not have empathy for the bullshit they go through.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited September 2018

Here's how Identity V fixed it

• Vietfox
    Giche said:

@Vietfox

That's not answering the question directly.

I want your opinion on that hypothetical case : Would it be worth it to play the game if all killers you face were with this particular configuration?

No, but neither the survivors got the same config.
    You think all survivors would have the same?