M&K vs Controller?

Hi all, I just recently switched from console to PC. I'm used to using a controller because of console. I have been using a controller on a laptop but wonder if I should invest in a decent keyboard.

Comments

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

I would not worry about the keyboard unless you are playing far from the laptop hooked up to a TV. If you are then I'd say yes along with a decent mouse.

I find keyboard and mouse makes movements more fluid and feel instant especially looking around with the mouse.

• boboca
    boboca Member Posts: 78

I started playing on console, I played a lot but never were good enough to loop, I always played stealth and went instantly down. I only started playing decently on PC. It feels like the camera control is more precise. But maybe this is personal. If you are a survivor main and you feel that you are doing good with the controller, I don't think you need to change.

But if you are a killer main, you should totally go for the M&K. Sometimes my gf ask me to play some killer games on console to do some dailys and it feels like hell. Playing killer on controller is so painful. If you are facing marginally good survivors you will suffer.

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259
    edited May 2020

I prefer controller. To me this game just feels better with it? And since the controller update it's so much smoother. You can go under GameUserSettings in the DBD files and adjust your camera sensitivity for controller as well.

I say try both, and pick which one feels better for you.

Edit: Felt the need to add, I haven't played killer much! I'm usually some where in red ranks these days for survivor.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

As far as survivor is concerned, there's no major difference. Whatever you're comfortable with will likely serve you best. You don't need to have precise aim to vault a window or do a generator.

You might do a little better as killer with a mouse and keyboard, though, particularly with killers like Huntress, Deathslinger or Nurse that require quick reflexes or precise aim.

For a keyboard specifically, again, it all depends on you. If the keyboard on the laptop you're using isn't very good or feels awkward, you might want to grab a proper keyboard. I know the laptop keyboard I've got isn't very good and the shift key is tiny, making it uncomfortable to press and easy to miss. You don't need to go all out. Fancy mechanical keyboards are nice and all if you're typing on them all day, but as far as games go, it's not necessary. This isn't the kind of game where you need the absolute best setup to do well. Anything with anti-ghosting should be fine.

• boboca
    boboca Member Posts: 78

about "I should invest in a decent keyboard"

Don't you think you are getting better with a expensive keyboard. I play the same way either on my G4m3r_MECHAn!c_k3yB04rd or in my everyday wireless slim keyboard lol

• Doomspooge
    Doomspooge Member Posts: 184

I play with controller as both survivor and killer on pc. while M/K is more precise this game isn't a fps so it doesn't make much difference. Of course there is the exceptions like huntress, deathslinger and nurse that the extra precision that a mouse brings to the table helps out with. The majority of killers though play just fine on controller.

• infinity_on_switch
    infinity_on_switch Member Posts: 34

Decent as in compared to my laptop keyboard. It's a far cry from optimal for gaming. I already have a decent mouse because a track pad is painful to use for anything. Thank you for all the replies.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

It depends on how comfortable you feel. I've used both but definitely prefer controller.