Post your unpopular opinions

Hatty
Hatty Member Posts: 121

Old ruin had to stay. It was a filter for noobs that can't do a skillcheck, it was a good way to regress a game, and at higher ranks no one really cared for ruin, because we always hit great skillchecks. New ruin is just as boring as legion as a survivor.

Freddy is op and it needs a nerf. Right now he has

-TP to gen

-Two alternate abilities (with addons)

-You can't see him on the distance if you are awake

-Passive game delay (dream world)

-Making others sleep on hit is absolutely the worst, as it ends up being literally plague again, where actually waking up (cleansing with plague) is worse because you just lose time. Killer can get you infected/sleepy almost on sight

-Killer red aura,height, clothes being too dark, quiet breathing and footsteps, lullaby that doesn't gives any feedback on how close he is

-Dream world can't let you see #########, and it drops your fps by a lot so it's another handicap

idk, you can literally use Otz's build and win every single game with 2 pips and no addons. I took advantage of that on the last 45 matches of grind in the latest rift and it was just sad to witness. You don't feel any frustration or anything at all, is just a cakewalk. I think they did a great job with him just because I fell asleep everytime I play with him.

Legion is one of the most unfun killers to play and go against. Not because I believe he is op, but because he is just boring.

Comments

• Soulslayer618
    Soulslayer618 Member Posts: 488

unpopular opinions? uh.... I like the ormond map both as killer and survivor

mostly just design and style of it because I do believe it could do with a bit of balancing

• Hatty
    Hatty Member Posts: 121

Here is another one

actually going against sweaty SWF is really fun because you can punish them for playing sweaty and in a very predictive way.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

The game needs to reward people when their opponent is bringing in stronger items/perks/killers/offerings than their level of preparation. The only thing worse than SWF/Prove Thyself/DS/UB in Haddonfield is both the game and survivors pretending they earned their victory and didn't have every advantage under the sun.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I didn't actually post one myself - a spirit chase is more interesting on both sides when the survivor has iron will.

• Chromeskull
    Chromeskull Member Posts: 250

The hitboxes aren't as bad as people say.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

Autohaven maps aren't that bad for killers, except maybe Blood Lodge

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543

If you have to use DS past the first week of playing you're only doing it because you secretly want the killer to DC.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

Another unpopular opinion:

If DS exists, then tunneling does not exist and if DS is not considered an anti-tunnel perk, so what is this perk for?

If BT exists then the camping doesn't exist, although with Leatherface it is the exception, you literally can't do anything if you see him face camping.

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

Is that an unpopular opinion? thought nearly everyone agreed that they were pretty balanced barring Blood Lodge?

• TraitorousLeopard
    TraitorousLeopard Member Posts: 156

Screwdriver Mike > Pipe Mike

Legacy skins, and most of the Hallowed Blight skins, look awful. The whole "glowing orange slime" aesthetic does nothing for me.

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

Slugging and tunneling makes you a try hard. Accept it

• TransverseCaster

That is controversial. But it shouldn't be. I love lore characters.

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 526

Every call to DS and MoM should be threatened with a revert to how they were when the game launched. (DS could activate without being hooked and MoM only required 3 basic attacks).

• TransverseCaster

DS was way better when the game came out. Only one person could use it. It got buffed out the bum later on.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,358

1. This game shouldn't be considered competitive with the amount of bugs and awful the MMR that plague it. Also, rank is, and always will be, absolutely meaningless in this game and does not reflect actual player skill. That is why I see so many potatoes in high ranks like purple/red ranks. The system has always been easy to level up in even since before the emblem system. You can have games where you do next to nothing and still pip. I can only think one time I would say the devs had a challenging scoring system, but they scaled it back down within a few patches after critiques that it was too challenging to pip and ever since its always been easy to get those purple/red ranks as killer or solo survivor.

2. T-bagging really isn't that bad and people let it tilt them more than it should, which is actually why it is effective as a taunt. With the lack of VGS and very little emotes to use in-game its pretty much its own form of communication for survivors to interact with each other and the killer.

3. Endgame needs to be reworked before any nerfs are even considered for items like pink keys. For one, survivors will wait out the endgame timer and t-bag at the exit gates, which didn't really change much other than they are t-bagging on a timer. Additionally, there should be an alternative way to open hatch after it's closed besides the key because you get these situations in endgame where killers can easily hold the game hostage vs. the last survivor and literally no matter what a survivor does they die because hatch is closed and the exit gates can easily be patrolled, especially when they spawn close. That means if the survivor didn't bring in a key or get lucky enough to find one in a chest to get hatch they will die no matter how they played. Also, killers can slug the last survivor and just wait the whole duration of the timer, which is both a waste of time for each side to watch and super scummy imo.

4. Too many hooks with not enough spacing between them. This really shows on smaller maps that will have multiple hooks spawn the bare minimum distance away from each other so you get 2 to 3 hooks all together within a small area

5. Its okay for survivors and killers to have pink items and add-ons that are useful in helping them achieve their objective. Not every useful item/add-on needs nerfed into the ground just because it hurt you.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Any perk, item, add on, killer, survivor, or offering, excluding free wins(keys and moris) are ok to use. They are in the game, and you have the right to use them.

• thelittlemonsters
    thelittlemonsters Member Posts: 97

All builds are allowed in the game. No one is toxic for running a specific perk, add on, item, killer, or offering.

No action is toxic unless it’s needless. You’re clicky clicking me at a pallet and teabagging? Alright, you want me to chase you. There’s very likely a survivor that’s worse at chasing than you, I’ll ignore you until later. I get it

You’re teabagging in the exit gate and no leaving? Okay, you’re being an #########.

Killer is legit camping when there’s no gain? (All gens are done, they only have one person on hook and don’t know if anyone is around but gens aren’t done, etc) you’re either new or toxic.

You’re camping me because all gens are done or you have someone slugged right next to me and you want to get me to second hook stage or just want to keep half the team disabled? Boring for me, but I respect the overall strategy so I’m good with it

They’re toxic if they do things to be hurtful that they aren’t supposed to be doing. Otherwise, it’s likely not toxic to me.

Second unpopular opinion: most dedicated server latency hits are not dedicated server latency hits. A lot of the times I see a video, it’s not latency. The person literally got grazed at the edge of a hit box.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832
  • mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891
    edited August 2020

Levels 20 - 8 matches are more fun for both killers and survivors. Tbh there shouldn't even be a ranking system, everyone should be matched up randomly. They should stop bothering to try to make a ranking system.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088
    edited August 2020

Completely agree with you, except with the last point, Kate is the best looking female survivor..

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

effective use of DH is not the same as ez second chance perks like DS and is often actually impressive

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

not being seen by the killer the entire game and letting everyone else die is fun (until EGC ***** you).

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687

Candyman and Pennywise wouldn't really fit in the game that much.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621

NOED is balanced. I know, I'm a sinner.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Springtrap is the only character from FNaF that has a chance to be in the game. Others don't make sense.

And many just discredit the idea because it came from the series. If it wasn't tied to FNaF, a cyborg zombie would be on many people's lists of possible killers.

Other notes:

The Blight is a fascinating character.

Spirit is fine.

NOED is fine.

That pallet blocking perk of the Blights needs to not be a hex perk. Bamboozle, BW, and Spirit Fury don't have a hex tied to them, and that pallet perk already has a cooldown on top of being a hex. One of the other, not both.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 906

Most swfs are average or bad at the game not seal team six.

Chronic DCers should have a reputation floating over their head like the in jail pictures on the forums.

Gideon's is a fun map.

Breakable walls was a terrible idea. Just create a door or shut one down.

Billy 's new yell sounds ridiculous.

Not all killers need a buff to improve their viability or a nerf to make them ' more balanced '. Variety is the spice of life.

Some add ons should be removed from the game not new ones added to take up more bp we barely earn.

Bullying is more of a problem in this game than swf.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575

Unpopular opinion #1: You can use any perk anytime and any way you wish to use it. The idea that certain perks are only ok to use in specific situations is ridiculous.

Unpopular opinion #2: Playing stealth (I don't mean hiding in lockers) is fun.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I liked the 1st silent hill movie but hated the 2nd one with all my life.

And before someone asks why I liked the 1st movie is because they at least copied stuff from the games unlike the crap that the 2nd movie did.