The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is there a Halloween Event?

Hello,
Will there be a Halloween event soon? Because the devs have not said anything about it yet. What do you think?

Comments

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    I hope they do something special this year. 
    A new map a theme halloween will be amazing (ik im dreaming)
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Hope so! Would be neat if they got something going with the new Halloween movie coming out.

Interesting they mentioned a licensed character may get new cosmetics (hopefully I heard that right)... a few months before Halloween.

Michael probably would be the easiest licensed player to add new cosmetics into.

• BLUE_APE
    BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282

I honestly hope that will add cosmetics for Laurie and Micheal.

Plus I'd like them to re work Sole Survivor and Dying Light

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

Well given that Dead by Daylight is a horror game they'd be remiss to not bring back the old Halloween menu and music.

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Id want the event cosmetics to be 

Claudett as an archer or ranger type with a hood but without a bow.

An orange fox mask for huntress
  • ItzSoulz
    ItzSoulz Member Posts: 368

@not_Queen said:
    As @Peanits mentionned, nothing has been announced.
    But I am curious, what would you like to see in a DbD Halloween event?

a Halloween Lobby and special Halloween items. Like last year: D

• CrtKazz
    CrtKazz Member Posts: 214
    Omg please please please bring a Halloween event! The Christmas one was so good with the ambience. Put things in the environment that look like a stalking killer (scarecrows, more jagged hooks, etc) so that survivors are always watching for Michael (which killer main isn’t going to be playing him this holiday come on?) 

For things I’m not expecting but would be a dream come true: 1.) new cosmetics for Laurie and Michael 2.) new haddonfield map 3.) new stalking game mode (ever since yesterday’s stream so exciting to hear about new game modes coming at some point. 
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@not_Queen said:

What would be interesting is some jump scares.. like when you open a locker or chest a ghost jumps out to scare you and disappears.... Or when you pop a gen it makes a different halloween noise... Weird stuff

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    not_Queen said:

I would like to see a similar theme from last year with some cool new items to collect along with releasing dr loomis as a survivor  in honor of the new movie and the late actor 
  • Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    Something related to new Halloween movie would be cool. Maybe some love to Laurie and Michael.
  • not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

@TheBean Fun idea!
    F for the QA that would need to test this :p

• ItzSoulz
    ItzSoulz Member Posts: 368

@not_Queen said:
    @TheBean Fun idea!
    F for the QA that would need to test this :p

Comes a Halloween Event?

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@not_Queen said:

I loved the Halloween themed items of last year. And it wouldn't be bad if there would be a Halloween themed collection/cosmetics coming in the shop.
    Besides that either Halloween themed objectives like the winter event or if it's manageabele to do because I'm coming from TF2 changed Halloween themed playmodes. Even if it's just another Howling Grounds/Scorching Summer BBQ like.

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

@ItzSoulz Nothing has been announced about a halloween event.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Decorations on the maps like the winter event only Halloween themed, some sort different objective to complete the event.... a trick or treat event where theres some sort of basket or like someone else stated maybe jacko'lanterns that are placed around the maps survivors can grab candy from them if found and if they collect enough candy they earn a cosmetic ofcourse 😁 also bring back the Halloween items 
  • Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

Decorations and the music would be great. I love t he events like the BBQ and the chinese new year. Something like that would be awesome, and to be fair I think it's the best opportunity for a new event. Halloween would be the best time for a game horror themed. Although if nothing is in the works I guess that means there isn't enough time. :/

• Bravo0413
    Usui said:

Decorations and the music would be great. I love t he events like the BBQ and the chinese new year. Something like that would be awesome, and to be fair I think it's the best opportunity for a new event. Halloween would be the best time for a game horror themed. Although if nothing is in the works I guess that means there isn't enough time. :/

It is the best time to attract as many players as possible it's a horror game this time of year is when more people are going to be playing it especially with the new changes and DLC the servers are going to have to be ready... I couldn't imagine the team not wanting to make the most of this time of year.

• C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    Jack o lanterns, scarecrows, etc spread around map for survivors to interact with. Getting items for cosmetics, and killers could have the usual hook or a similar item to interact with, like maybe the crows.
  • xChrisx
    New outfits theme halloween pls
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    @not_Queen

Similar to past events, in that each invite offering used spawns an extra event hook or gen (2 gens and 2 hooks spawn by default). The twist..

Killers and survivors have to collect candy for some kind of reward (spooky cosmetics). Killers collect it from completed event gens (2 candies each gen) and survivors collect it after being hooked on an event hook (1 candy each hook, same hook can get a new candy each time). At the end of the trial killers also get 1 candy for each kill and all survivors get 1 candy for each gen, event or not, done before they died.

So both killers and survivors are rewarded for completing their objectives and when the other side completes theirs. This makes it so every game counts, even if you get no kills or no escapes. You can cap the amount of candies possible per game, or just adjust the amount required for the reward.

This would mean less event hook sabotaging or gen camping.

Acquiring a candy also gets you the BP bonus if you played the special Halloween invite. If you cap the candies each side can get during a trial, when they reach that cap they receive another BP bonus.
  • Cardinal_Copia
    Cardinal_Copia Member Posts: 139
    Halloween outfits would be great. 
    Dwight needs a Shirt that says "cheap ass halloween costume."
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@not_Queen said:

I would imagine with it being halfway in September, there isn't much time to prepare for something by October. So I'll keep my suggestions simple.

How about giving all the crows glowing red eyes to start? Should be a simple texture swap?

A return of last years spoopy flashlights and medkits would also be cool - the assets are still there.

One of these years I'd love to see you guys all out. With this game's horror motif, Halloween is a natural fit for this game. But I could be biased, it's my most favorite holiday of the year. :)

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

@not_Queen said:

Well I know it would be difficult because of him being a license AND a DLC but I think it would be cool, because of the new movie coming out, to have an event that maybe revolves around Michael Myers in some way.

• HookedonDemand
    HookedonDemand Member Posts: 181

@IronWolf115 said:

@not_Queen said:

Well I know it would be difficult because of him being a license AND a DLC but I think it would be cool, because of the new movie coming out, to have an event that maybe revolves around Michael Myers in some way.

I know it won't happen, but a halloween event where we could unlock old Myers and old Laurie for each side....

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    edited September 2018

@Dwights_leftfoot said:
    I would like to see the med kits come back, decorate the chests, a new map would be cool a graveyard but that is ridiculous to expect for just an event.

a graveyard map would be cool as a perma map :) different mausoleums to hide in or headstones to hide behind. would be fun

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

Graveyard with holes and crypts would cool.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Temporary Halloween styled skins? Like the mummy, Dracula, zombies, werewolf, etc.
  • fcc2014

@Tsulan said:
    Temporary Halloween styled skins? Like the mummy, Dracula, zombies, werewolf, etc.

Silly stuff as a temp costume I would be good with but that seems like a lot of work for the team. I wonder if they could have maybe a "holiday pack" in the store you buy special outfits worn only during events this way they get more than 1 use. Maybe $10 or something. Any temporary costumes(halloween, santa hats, event themed costumes) would be part of this package. $10 for Survivors $10 for Killers maybe a deal if you buy both.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    fcc2014 said:

@Tsulan said:

Silly stuff as a temp costume I would be good with but that seems like a lot of work for the team. I wonder if they could have maybe a "holiday pack" in the store you buy special outfits worn only during events this way they get more than 1 use. Maybe $10 or something. Any temporary costumes(halloween, santa hats, event themed costumes) would be part of this package. $10 for Survivors $10 for Killers maybe a deal if you buy both.

Yeah, something like that. But I would aim at a lower price, since it's temporary. 
  • fcc2014

Yeah just spit-balling the idea.

• Wolvieyy
    Wolvieyy Member Posts: 8
    I would love for the flashlights and medkits to return as well!! 
  • douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    A triple BP event would be nice lol
  • xChrisx
    edited September 2018
    Maybe nothing this year idk but they are follow the roadmap and now working on the next chapter, so i think they dont have time to waste on it right now
  • Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    @not_Queen Something like special pumpkin lanterns spawning around the map with which both survivors and killers can interact, adding to special objectives and rng rewards like trick or treat. 
    I would like to expand my own idea about the trick or treat thing. Like I said, the trick or treat thing can be something both survivors and killers can participate and interact with. The reward can be in a form of a random buff / debuff. Making the gameplay fun, interesting and unpredictable. For example, rng rolls out treat for a killer, and grants the killer a power to Mori one survivor within a time frame or if it's a trick, maybe, the killer actions are slowed down temporarily. Same could be for survivors. There are a lot of possibilities. @not_Queen
  • Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

Halloween costumes for sure for the Original Four along with a haunted mansion style map in a new realm.

Dwight - Ghost

Meg - Red Devil

Jake - Lumberjack

Claudette - Hippie

Just a couple ideas off the top of my head, I think the Devil for Meg would be amazing since she makes most killers lives hell haha.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    edited September 2018
    Halloween Ideas:
    >Halloween Bags with candy one can throw to stun the killer (maybe get them in chests)
    >Moon in a blood orange color or like a carved pumpkin/ghost or a witch on a broom silhouette 
    >Pieces of candy or candy wrappers on the ground
    >"Take One" sign on an empty candy bowl
    >Random child sized masks that have been "dropped" in the street or sidewalk (would be neat if they were DBD character masks) 
    >A blow up decoration in front of a home like a giant ghost
    >Gen flashing light indicators in orange or purple
    >Bubbling green goo in black cauldron
    >Cobwebs on chests that "creek eerily" when opened
    >Totems that glow in purple, green or orange when there is a Hex
    >Trick or Treat sign with hours: "Trick or Treating 5pm to 8pm"
    >Black cat crossing the road or "playing" with a spider 
    >Melted wax candles or candelabras
    >Cornfield maze sign: "Cornfield Maze Open 6pm to 9pm" 
    >Glowing eyes in trees (glowing maybe red, green, orange or purple) 
    >Bat's that fly out of tall abandon windows or attics
    >Tombstone decorations (maybe have Laurie's family that Michael killed) 
    >Gens when finished pop candy out the top or when the light turns on it changes to another color like purple or orange
    >Discarded trick or treat bags
    >Special hooks decorated with Halloween styled streamers and every special hook gives BP to killer

I hope this list gets the halloween juices flowing 🎃 Again, these are just ideas 👻

Edit(s): ideas, words, grammar 
    Post edited by slingshotsurvivor on
  • chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    not_Queen said:

Trick or treat chests!! Sometimes u get an amazing item and sometimes the chest "injures" you somehow. That and I'd love to see dull totems that look like jack skellinton.....but I know license problems so probably not 
  • slingshotsurvivor
    not_Queen said:

Trick or treat chests!! Sometimes u get an amazing item and sometimes the chest "injures" you somehow. That and I'd love to see dull totems that look like jack skellinton.....but I know license problems so probably not 
    Love the trick or treat chest idea! 😍
  • Bravo0413
    I would love for an offering to make like a jack in the box trap type chest permanently 😁
  • fcc2014
    Peanits said:

@Khalednazari said:
    @not_Queen Something like special pumpkin lanterns spawning around the map with which both survivors and killers can interact, adding to special objectives and rng rewards like trick or treat. 

This one sounded really neat to me, and I was thinking about how something like that could work. I think I've got something in mind that could make for a fun 'event mode' of sorts (like the event generators/hooks of past events).

Ten Jack-o-lanterns appear randomly around the map.

• Survivors can light Jack-o-lanterns after a short interaction (5 seconds or so).
    • Killers can smash Jack-o-lanterns (about the same as breaking a pallet or generator).
    • By default, generators repair 30% slower.
    • Each lit Jack-o-lantern causes generators to repair 10% faster.
    • Smashing one makes takes it out of play (can't be lit anymore), and removes the speed bonus if it was lit.
    • (If it's too crazy, each time a generator is powered, it could extinguish any lit jack-o-lanterns, forcing the survivors to relight them.)

It would encourage you to go around in mad dash searching for Jack-o-lanterns in order to power generators quicker for a short period of time, but the killer is also smashing them as they patrols generators. After the killer smashes them, the game slows down a little (but not too much to make it boring).

• Bonus points for lighting/smashing, of course.
    Wow not bad. That might be cool to add to the game outside of the holiday maybe totems or something. Adding a second objective and slow down the game.
  • slingshotsurvivor
    These are fantastic ideas!