Why is everyone so unhappy with the generosity that BHVR is showing?

124»

Comments

• Deadboy
    Deadboy Member Posts: 15

How about you should feel some form of reward in a game for playing. I remember when you dropped money on a game and other than the initial cost of buying the said game that was all you ever spent and you got to unlock all sorts of stuff. Now people just keep throwing money at games and act like it's reasonable. Now I suppose if what you're getting is quality and unique sure that is fair to spend some money on it but 11-15 dollars an outfit of what is the same cost for entire expansion packs that give extra story and cosmetics as well as unique game mechanics in other games this here just feels like a rip off and has never felt right to me. But what am I gonna do? Complain so the common drone with money to waste can white knight for them? Meh. I'm good.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

You obviously haven’t read through the topic. This was already addressed.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

couldn't of said it better myself people wonder why people are mad.

• Unicorn
    edited October 2020

You insult my intelligence and belittle me because I tell you something you brought was already addressed, but also admit you may have skipped the post and ask for forgiveness. Am I stupid? Or did you skip through the thread, which one? Also, I haven’t insulted you, I haven’t disrespected you so I ask for the same in return. If you can’t have a discussion without such things, please refrain from engaging with me.

I don’t know why you are defending the prices of DLC to me. I said their generosity from the event and rift should be appreciated. All of these other things that are brought up were never discussed/defended by me.

Edit: missed a word.

• NekoGamerX

I mean really they should stop doing events because they don't care to do them I mean other then the 4th anniversary we don't get event anymore.

and I can see why some were upset about this so called event because this being a horror game this being oct Halloween month go figure

• Unicorn

Everyone who is upset about this event being lackluster has every right to be upset. It is lackluster, it is boring and there is no engaging fun to it. I’ve already said this.

• Unicorn

Not that this was what I was defending to begin with but thats also how I feel. A bunch of people are complaining about how crap the game is and they want it fixed whilst also complaining that they shouldn’t have to spend money on DLC/Skins. BHVR needs money to fix the game and they are doing so slowly but surely. Sure it can be a hit and miss, considering the FPS problem they made worse for console, but I’m just happy they’re so swift to take the communities complaints and address/fix them. There are not a lot of companies that do that.

• NekoGamerX
    edited October 2020

this was really not for you anything state a fact after all been said in this thread which is a lot.

yea I still waiting on this ps4 fix

• Unicorn

Well I agree with your previous statement. Its nothing but the truth.

• Deadboy
    Deadboy Member Posts: 15

Okay I guess you really are just either trolling or actually do have a comprehensive skill missing because I never defended their cosmetic prices. As well I never "insulted" you anymore than you take offense for being one of the people I described. So if you are offended then I guess you are one of those people. I don't ask for your forgiveness, never did. I was stating that only in verse of one of the many responses to the main original post, not that of the post itself. Again, read before responding as you put it. 🙂

• Unicorn

Telling me I have a comprehensive skill missing is an insult as much as you try to say its not. You took a jab and thats fine, however I’m not interested in discussing anything with anyone who feels the need to personally attack me instead of discussing the topic at hand. Then here you go pulling the “your a troll” statement out. As said by a mod @Rizzo90 earlier in the thread, just because someone doesn’t agree with your opinion doesn’t make them a troll. I’m stating real words/ an opinion. I don’t know what indicates me being a troll. I’m TRYING to have a decent discussion with you despite you telling me TWICE that I lack the skills to comprehend what you’re posting. Don’t know what else to tell you.

And you actually were addressing the prices, you mentioned the price of DLC being too high and I quote “the outfits are nice but where did we come to the conclusion that they're worth 11 dollars or more a piece?” or is my comprehension not good enough to read and understand thats what you said as well? I’ve been getting attacked all up and down this thread, left and right for having an opinion that differs from others so if I’m simply defending myself to you, that is why. I don’t mind disagreements, its the viciousness and disrespectful delivery.

• Unicorn
  • Unicorn
    edited October 2020

@not_Queen @Peanits @Rizzo90 @MandyTalk

Can one of you close this thread.

Its leading to nothing constructive.

Thanks in advance <3

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373

Generous? They took away my frames.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
  • Unicorn

I bring up valid points and you hit me with this?

Says enough. You're right, I'd rather not waste my time arguing with you.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

I'm perfectly happy w the free shards and BP. My disgruntled Ness has been fixed. Ty Devs.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

I wouldn't call those valid points. I'd just rather not waste my time arguing with a brick wall. And I simply wanted to point out how you tried so hard to seem like the bigger person but...failed.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

The fact that they prioritize things like this, which seems like yet another cash grab, instead of bug fixes and actually informed decisions. Why are they nerfing discordance of all perks?! For the same reason that they are re-adding certain infinites which they got praise for removing on Groaning Storehouse and Coal Tower...

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,433

I try to support and respect BHVR as much as I can, how ever this is gonna go down as one of the most lack luster "events" I've ever seen. When I and I'm sure many others think about "event" we think about events in the past like Howling Grounds, Summer BBQ, Hallowed Blight and Moonrise. What all those events had in common is you had something to work towards, you felt accomplished and there was a reason to play the event. And after Moonrise it kind of went downhill, 3rd Year Anniversary was nice as we weren't expecting much to begin with, but we got an exclusive offering and item for the event, those still felt like things to work for. Then Withering Blight came along and it had some backlash as it was just a shell of what The Hallowed Blight was. In fact I'd go as far as to say that Withering Blight was even worse than the Eternal Blight. As these 2 are the EXACT same but we don't the new event add-ons. Scarlet Swarm was an event I'm sure no one even knew was an event (hence why there was no complaints). But hope started to rise again with the 4th Year Anniversary event. Exclusive offerings and items were added but most importantly: cosmetics. People had the crowns to work for, while it wasn't much work it was SOMETHING. And there was generally no complaints with the 4th year anniversary. And then we come back to Eternal Blight. Same disappointing event as last year except we can't earn any free cosmetics. Not even via The Rift. And then as an apology BHVR quickly made the decision to give up free BP and Shards as daily login rewards, but those can be earned year round.

So please, if anyone at BHVR is reading this. People want things to work for, a change in gameplay. We deal with the same game year round and we look forward to events to spice things up a little. If you keep going with things like this people are gonna become more upset.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited October 2020

Any time I want to praise BHVR, I'm brutally reminded that the game is just open beta.

Just played Hawkins Lab with what seemed to be only 5 generators... Did the upper floor generator, and searched the map over and over to only find one generator, and Hillbilly camped it to win.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,635

Closed as OP asked.

This discussion has been closed.