The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Will we have a DS nerf someday ?

Comments

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264

I honestly don't believe that D strikes should be nerfed,it's kind of a community perk we all need it,there's always that one killer who's going to tunnel you.

I hated the first change to DS ,people complained about the abuse of holding on to it at the last minute, I did the same.If I play killer I'd force you to use you're D-Strike with out tunneling.

What needs to be changed is Spine Chill.

While Spine Chill is active, your Repair, Healing, Sabotage, Unhooking, Vaulting, Cleansing, Exit Gate Opening, and Chest Unlocking speeds are increased by 2/4/6 %.

Honestly a perk shouldn't do this much combined with leader,resilience, felix new perk prove thy self come on

It should be on a cool down.

It could be ,active for 5,10,15 seconds max in the killer's terror radius.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

Yes just let survivors run up to the hook and rob you of all your pressure because they equipped second chance perks. Who cares about making smart decisions when you have 12+ extra lives in a game that lasts 4-5 minutes?

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428
    edited January 2021

@SilentPill

Are you talking about the video or another one of those once in a while situations?

Yes cuz killers shouldn’t play smart either and adapt to the timers that are attached to a perk. They should just be able to down and go. Because clearly this isn’t a game about strategy AT ALL. 🙄

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

It’s really not as survivor. It’s hold M1, equip second chance perks, camp pallets.

Almost every killer perk in the game requires thought and skill to use. Even the most basic killer such as leather face requires more skill to go around a loop without hitting objects while survivors just hold W.

You can literally run at the killer after being unhooked.

Bomb every hook with BT.

Get slugged? Who cares, hold M1 for unbreakable.

Screw up at a loop? Push E.

• Johnny_XMan
    edited January 2021

“Almost every killer perk requires thought and skill”

Yep they do:

Whispers : literally walk around and do nothing.

Corrupt Intervention: literally spawn into a map.

No Ed: Apparently this one requires so much skill you need the survivors to complete THEIR objective to show how much skill it requires. Phew.

Ruin/Undying: Yup you guessed it 👍 spawn on the map again.

I could go on. Listen, if you are gonna call out a perk which has a timer and KNOWINGLY you pick the survivor up. You kind of deserve to get stunned. It means you weren’t paying attention.

I love that you HAD to bring up a different scenario than the one presented in the video I was referring to because you know that is the truth. He should have kept going for Claud and downed her. Or slug for the DS.

End of story.

• MasterofSFL
    MasterofSFL Member Posts: 125

I don't know, but they really ought to give the "I save myself" perks the exhaustion treatment, tie them all together and disable them all once one is used.

I assume that Distressing doesn't affect the skill check either, but it certainly should.

• JimPickens666
    JimPickens666 Member Posts: 326

Hahhahahahahaha...oh wait you're serious?

No, no it will not be. Or maybe it will, im getting a lot of baby killers lately which theoretically means there aren't enough actual killer mains. I already switched to survivor main months ago and almost everyone i know has done the same or quit so they might be forced to actually balance the game soon enough. DS has let me win countless times when i should have died but im on board with killing it. Every game i run DS, BT, and SC (lowkey the most OP perk in the game tryhards are just dumb) and most people have a similar build. There are so many interesting perks like babysitter that will never be used because why would you not run BT? Why use ANY other support perk?

Destroy the survivor meta. Create diversity. Make killer less frustrating why is this so hard?

• Johnny_XMan
    edited January 2021

@SilentPill

So basically you agree they take no skill. Gotcha.

Whispers doesn’t require map knowledge at all... wha? Lol it requires you to roam the map at best, which I would hardly call that “skill”.

Nice attempt at trying to make excuses for the lack of skill those perks have.

Keep camping and tunneling, I’m pretty sure that is what you would STILL do on a nerfed version of DS. 🙄

Also, If she had UB, she wouldn’t have recovered past her DS timer that she had left. But pop off I’m sure you think The 60 seconds start the moment the survivor is on the floor.

Post edited by Johnny_XMan on
  • Souplet
    Souplet Member Posts: 345

I hitted a 56 and a 58 seconds ds after i chased and hooked another survivor in both clip, my fault i didnt count to 60 seconds ?

In the nea clip, she got unhooked and did a gen from 10% to 100% and still have ds. Is that normal to you ?

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 919
    edited January 2021

You mean Unnerving Presence. Ironically both Unnerving and Huntress Lullaby used to affect the DS skill check, but not anymore. Same with Doc's reverse skillchecks.

• MasterofSFL

Well Unnerving ought to.

Half the problem with the 'I save myself' perks are Killer's inability to do anything about them. Like why not drop the crawl speed reduction on Knock Out and give it a negative - 25% recovery penalty. At minimum that give something to killers. If you could only activate one of the perks a game, Devs and Killers wouldn't have to worry about Survivors stacking them all.

• MasterofSFL
    edited January 2021

*Odd Error

• lostboy
    lostboy Member Posts: 89

This all works fine above, but hooking another survivor doesn’t solve the tunnelling issue as the 2nd video shows. You can literally tunnel a survivor off the hook, knock them down and then hook someone else to deactivate the DS. The survivor who was unhooked deserves in that instance the DS to remain active as they did nothing to progress the game.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

I am sure they will give it its 4th side grade some day and not fix the problem or change what the perk does...

I would be fine if ds didn't allow survivors to progress their objective while denying the killer from completing theirs. If you are really being tunnelled, then you wouldn't be on a generator right?

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

Why wouldn't he when ruin/undying is getting nerfed and DS isn't???

• TrollToll
    TrollToll Member Posts: 77

its about as likely that hillbilly will lose his overheat.

its never going to happen.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

I the game is all the survivors vs the killerwhy is it the killer fault that they went for an unsafe unhook. Why do they need to be tunned for punishing survivors for playing badly.

• RayrafLPP
    RayrafLPP Member Posts: 621

well its not the fault of the person being farmed by a teammate. Farming like this should be a risk for the unhooker but it isnt at the moment.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

Why hasn't the survivor team picked up that person if the killer has found another survivor and done a whole other chase and also wasted the time to hook them?

I would say we could keep it active if you are down when someone gets hooked, but survivors will abuse that and purposely run into the killers way when they have DS even more than they do now to try and make sure they get to use it. I don't know if we can have a perfect solution but deactivating when someone else gets hooked is better than what we have right now.

• druggedpug69
    druggedpug69 Member Posts: 155

Fun is prohibited.

• Asssblasster625
    Asssblasster625 Member Posts: 629
  • Asssblasster625

Other are fair but for ruin+undying to work you have to apply pressure sooo...

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I'm a trapper main. Nurse is my 2nd killer until her rework. Situations like what OP posted here is why I P3ed Pyramid Head. I'm actually surprised the devs haven't made it impossible to cage someone if they have DS.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Ethan said in one of his live streams when asked about it: "I don't care about DS." 🤷‍♀️

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Imagine thinking this list shows "nerfs" instead of a rework + buff to said rework. And also imagine thinking people who have DS don't play aggressively and try to force the Killer to deal with them (or even force a grab with a locker). It literally has nothing to do with tunneling.

• Johnny_XMan

@Asssblasster625

For context, the conversation was about skill not about the mechanic of the perk.

• Johnny_XMan

@Souplet

Precisely.

I just had a match where a survivor (Cheryl) got greedy, tried to take the hit for an unhooked survivor because she still had DS timer left. I counted in my head that she had about 10 seconds, and sure enough, her DS was gone. She had UB as well but didn't have enough time to recover, even with UB's recovery speed boost.

The game isn't black and white, it has gray areas as well. The problem is that some people just want to use this logic "Down-Pickup-n-Go". They don't want to have to think or strategize.

You have to understand not just your perks but your opponents' as well. Hence why the devs themselves have never said DS is strictly an anti-tunnel perk, but instead that it serves a purpose against hardcore tunneling at it's core (Which it doesn't as you can still tunnel after getting stunned) AND that it will come down to strategy at the point where the survivor is found after they have been unhooked.

• DeceptivePastry
    DeceptivePastry Member Posts: 48

This may be a weird thing for a killer main to say, but I think DS is somewhat essential and wouldn't be opposed to it being base. But at the tradeoff of a slight nerf, either in duration (down to 45-50 seconds) or it should go back on cooldown conditionally such as when you work on a gen for more than 5 seconds as if you are free to work on a gen for a period of time then you aren't being tunneled. The way killers tend to play when there is no obsession, easily tunneling players out of the game, just goes to show how important it is. I've seen it said that the devs claim it isn't supposed to be an anti-tunneling perk, but I think it's healthier for it to be that than it is for it to be 60 seconds of survivors feeling invincible and acting completely unafraid of the killer.

• Asssblasster625

Oh my bad I couldn’t read it right cause the damn car I was in was on one ######### road

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837

Proposed change: Ds is only active for the LAST person to get hooked.

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

I think you are new, ds already got 2 nerf in previous patches, it's fine

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    edited January 2021

Just as an aside, I'm a survivor main and agree with almost any proposed change to DS I've seen, except one:

The whole "deactivates when someone else is hooked" idea needs to be thrown in the garbage. This would be beyond abuse-able and just tilt the toxicity to the side of the killer.

For example, an injured survivor safely removes someone from a hook, DS activates for 30 seconds in this proposed changed. A Spirit immediately teleports back, hooks the injured survivor, then tunnels the first one who just got off - but wait, they don't have DS anymore, and this happened in 10-15 seconds.

That's still tunneling, and needs to be accounted for.

• whiteixal
    whiteixal Member Posts: 23

it should be changed like how everyone says it will deactivates if you interact with something

but, considering its been buffed even after the rework and zero nerf, I don't expect much to happen

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,768
    edited January 2021

Well they're certainly not rare but many of them are also avoidable tbf. Like the second one in this clip he just slugged the survivor (and a Laurie, no less) right off the hook. DS was clearly in play and she already used her Unbreakable, so why not slug her a bit longer?

I definitely do want a DS nerf, though. Just because these situations are often avoidable doesn't mean the perk isn't extremely strong and annoying AF.

• notstarboard

Three, actually. I still think it's too strong though :P

• notstarboard

*thumps chest*

Survivor good, killer bad!

Killer good, survivor bad!

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Simple answer to your question no gotta cater the survivors just because there's more of them

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

Almost like we had to use slow down galore for a reason 80s x 5 = 400s for all objectives to be finished now let's be realistic someone's gonna be chased so 400÷3 in a 133s 3 gens can be completed (including an rough guess in how long it takes for 3 of them to get to it) then you have to assume everyone has ds so that's 60s of semi protection from re hook (and let's say the killer has ruin and the survivors were to lazy to look for it ruin is half as fast of a survivors repair so 160s to regress a almost completed gen if you had a quick chase that was about 45s 2 gens are still done and the hooked person is getting saved see the issue and if the survivors is semi smart they would split up to avoid haveing everyone off a gen and ruin haveing a good effect

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

Just because you slug someone for 60 seconds doesn't make it not tunneling.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Omg would you just shut up your not getting banned for discussion stuff they never finished or is being worked on your only going to get banned if you harass and insult people or break the rules your not breaking any rules