Toxicity management in the loading screen tips

OMallyRed
OMallyRed Member Posts: 1
edited January 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

The toxicity in this game needs to be addressed, in-game. Everyone hates a camping/tunneling killer; everyone hates a tea-bagging survivor. On top of irritatingly long matchmaking times, when you finally get in a game with one of these, it really kills the fun.

Devs are too busy to deal with individual cases and the report button can be abused. Whatever. Just slip in a few loading screen tips that generally say "this is what it means to [bad manners], and it's not cool."

A general, "don't be a jerk." message might help as well.

It may help; it may not. But one thing that can be said about it is that adding a loading screen tip is one of the most low-effort changes to implement.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• NoxVeno
    NoxVeno Member Posts: 177

And who is going to set the definitions of this how you should play rule book?

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

They should just put on the loading screen "It's just a game don't take it so seriously" that would probably help.

• 3loen
    3loen Member Posts: 11

I don't really think the players that would need those tips would be very receptive to them at all and might even backfire to make it worse tbh. And like @NoxVeno said, I don't think it's a wise or healthy decision for BHVR to step in to impose a 'how it should be played', even if all it is is a little tip in the loading screen. Players need to be able to have freedom of action, for better or worse.

• Yanthegamer558
    Yanthegamer558 Member Posts: 93

The toxicity, of our cit— naaaahh...

• celesteismore
    celesteismore Member Posts: 173

I know on the mobile version it'll say avoid camping so you don't waste time on getting gens done or something like that.

This discussion has been closed.