Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Is there a way to appeal a dc penalty?

Mixu
Mixu Member Posts: 8

Ik people are going to call it bs but I genuinely have garbage internet and constantly dc when I don’t have a choice and I just had my internet cut out and have a 50 hour dc penalty. Is there any way to appeal it? I just really don’t wanna go two days without playing simply because my internet is bad.

Answers

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

No offence but you need to get better internet man. It's not fair for the other people in a match to be handicapped because you dc.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    edited April 2021

Thing is before buying a game you should always check their recommanded/minimal settings, that way you avoid crashing or disconnecting for not reaching their minimal requirements.

You can check DBD's requirements at the bottom of the Steam GameStore page :

---

You can see they ask for high quality connection, so WiFi for example isn't enough to be able to play without experiencing any disconnects.

I would say try to have at least 10 Mbit/s connection, i use to have a 6 one and it was ok but i had 100 ms everygame.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,938

Sorry but these penalties are not able to be appealed. We do advise having a stable internet connection whilst playing this game, as it's an online multiplayer and by you disconnecting that ruins the game for other players as well.