Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Crashing while in boon totem area.

Zyie
Zyie Member Posts: 90

I just crashed on autohaven, as I stunned a wraith inside of a boon totem area. The game first froze for about 60 seconds, and then it crashed. Another survivor in the same game also dc'd inside a boon totem area, though I have no idea if that was an intentional dc or a crash.

Watching streams, I've seen several other streamers already also crash and/or freeze while inside the area of a boon totem, so I do believe they are somehow causing it. I will post again if it happens more times for me.

8 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 23,000

If you're on PC, can you grab your logs for me if you do happen to crash again?

1. Press Windows Key + R to bring up "Run". 

2. Type this in the "Run" prompt: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs 

3. The file called "DeadByDaylight.log" is your log file. Please attach it in your reply.

• Zyie
    Zyie Member Posts: 90
    edited October 2021

I play through Game Pass, so the location of that folder is in a different place for me (C:\Users\*my username*\AppData\Local\Packages\BehaviourInteractive.DeadbyDaylightWindows_b1gz2xhdanwfm\LocalCache\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs), however, the logs folder is completely empty. Searching through the other folders (including a folder called "Crashes", only shows multiple copies of a file called "CrashReportClient.ini", which only contains this text in all of them (they're identical):

[CrashReportClient]

bHideLogFilesOption=false

bIsAllowedToCloseWithoutSending=true

CrashConfigPurgeDays=2

Not sure if there's some other location the logfiles could be on the version of the game that I am playing, if so, do let me know!

• ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403
    edited October 2021

i also just crashed trying to heal in boon area. It did the buzzing sound while everything froze then crashed out about ten seconds later

playing as adept mikaela, yamaoka family residence, vs trapper.

xbox one.

edit to add: got mm timeout