Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

strongest killer with the lowest skill ceiling?

Zachcjjj
Zachcjjj Member Posts: 528

for me id say spirit or bubba maybe?

Comments

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796
  • legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

Pyramid head

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,706

Probably bubba, but honestly his skill ceiling is not even that low. You just don't need to be anywhere near his skill ceiling to do pretty well with him if you camp and use the right perks.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

Bubba is a contender, but I think Meyers takes the cake.

He's macho M1 man, but you have 3 steps to his power:

1.) Look at people.

2.) Stop looking at people when you're 99% to Tier 3.

3.) Look at healthy person just before you hit them.

You don't have to fake vaults, mind-game, path efficiently, respect pallets, manage heat. Nothing.

Meyers is, by far, the lowest skill ceiling there is.

Once you follow the 3 steps which takes all the skill of:

Being able to look at people

You basically learned the killer to completion.

He's Bubba without the AOE insta-down chainsaw, He's Freddy without the TP or dream passives, he's Huntress with 5% Haste and no hatchets.

He's just an M1 machete man with 3 steps to becoming M1 Machete Man+

• Basement_Bubba420
    Basement_Bubba420 Member Posts: 397

Basement Bubba.

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995

For sure Blight has 115% speed, if you really want you can play him as a m1 killer with insane map mobility, his addons also the very best in the whole game. After a dozen hour or so you can play him very well.

Compare it to Nurse which requires insane amount of practice to do well, mechanically so extremely hard only 5% will ever learn her, you are punished for every missed blink, and speed is decreased.

Compare to it Blight and Blight absolutely braindead

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,236
    edited April 2022

You can't play Bubba normally against good survivors unless you can hug loops extremely tightly with the chainsaw and not run into walls. Something most Bubba players don't do very well. You need a lot of precision with the chainsaw.

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735

he is easy. Many people said it. All you need is alchemist ring and blighted crow

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    edited April 2022

Didn't the title say strongest killer with low skill ceiling? I agree that Myers has possibly the lowest skill ceiling in the game, but he isn't particularly strong. I mean, he is kinda busted with tombstone piece but that's super outdated by 2022 DBD standards and probably will be nerfed at some point. Overall, I might pick Plague. She's remarkably simple mechanically and once you understand her fundamentals, there's not much else to learn.

• GreenDemo
    GreenDemo Member Posts: 276

I'd say bubba and Trickster (since recent posts I've seen and experience I had, even tho I don't go against him that often)

With bubba you need to be wary not to bump into stuff, but yeah. Just charge chainsaw, use chainsaw, survivior gets downed instead of just injured.

I know Trickster is a bit slower than a reglar killer, but simplicity still applies. Throw knife at survivor, survivor gets down, reload knife if used up. And occasionally hit button for infinite knife. With huntress you need to charge the hatchet and know it's hitbox. But the knifes ? Just chug em in the general direction and u good.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

People always say Bubba, but if you watch a true Bubba main who plays doing Moonsaws and does not camp, playing Bubba at high levels and good takes skill.

Sure catching one and camping is low skill. But playing Bubba optimally, takes more skill than others in roster.

• katsumodo47
    katsumodo47 Member Posts: 54

Bubba is king

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Nurse, did not take me long of playing her before I started getting a good kill rate.

People over exaggerate how hard she is to learn

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,850

Trickster. Spamming knives takes no skill and on loops without high walls there is no real counter play for survivors, nor does it take any real skill to spam knives.

Bubba actually does take some skill to actually get downs at loops, especially without addons to give him extra charges.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

Bubba is weak but excel at a strategy that game tries to discourage you from doing.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Low skill ceilings implies a lack of efficiency no matter how well you play them.

What you're looking for is lowest skill floor. A killer that takes little practice to play efficiently. Skill ceiling is the peak which one can do with a killer.

High skill ceiling would be killers like Nurse and Blight but also they also have high skill floors as it takes practice to even play efficiently.

Trapper would be an example of low skiller floor as is a basic M1 killer and it doesn't take much to trap pallets and window. At the same time Trapper can have a fairly mid to high skill ceiling as players learn better trap placements in tune with survivor movements. What limits him is what limits most M1 killers, map design.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited April 2022

I disagree with camping bubba cant win if he camps every survivor to death at most he might get two. A win is effectively 3-4 kills. It the most unambigous way to explain a win without resorting to a million clauses. After all only one side should really win otherwise the game has more winner then losers which is nonsensical.

Bubba definetly has the easiest power to use and his saw is an excellent counter to coh which is still extremely popular according to a recent post. He is hard capped by his lack of movement which imo is fair consodering his power is very strong. If you want a killer that can gothe distance with a medium skill floor blight would be my go to. Its a harder killer but you dont have massive handicaps like other killers.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

So you think blight is a good choice to pick? Since now I avoidet him and nurse because just from watching streams blight feel difficult to play right that's why I mainly play simple killer like legion and plague cause there is not much I can screw up while using there power

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,706

If you run the typical basement build w/ agitation/iron grasp/insidious/noed then yeah you shouldn’t get more than 2.

Allow me to introduce you to camping bubba with corrupt/deadlock/noed/nwo. Buys you enough time for the gens to not be done by the time you have a kill and you can often end up getting 3 or even 4 with 36 seconds of nwo. Swap corrupt for bamboozle if you want help getting the first down asap.

(Also I’m not recommending you use this, but I’ve gone against it plenty of times and it’s unfortunately very effective.)

• Zachcjjj

that's just not even true old spirit was braindead easy and was the 2nd best killer in the game

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,594

It's kind of impossible to answer as both parameters are subjective.

Wraith? Not too difficult, can be strong, easy to surprise survivors.

Bubba? Not too difficult, can be strong, probably better with Bamboozle.

Spirit? More difficult than these two. Requires to have more game sense as you are essentially blind and Iron Will is pretty common.

And now if you put add-ons, then the balance changes.

All I know is that Huntress, Trickster, Nurse, Blight and Billy are out.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,603

Bubba was my first killer, and had such a great time figuring out how to time the chainsaw sweeps to get those sweet instadowns. 😍 I found him surprisingly intuitive to learn, with a great payoff.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Totally disagree even with your definition. If you can't manage to use Blights power appropriately, you are performing worse than when you just use M1 to down survivors. I guess your definition of skill floor is not WASD + M1 right?

Besides that the OP asked for "lowest skill ceiling" which means "least time to master" and that totally doesnt fit to Blight

Lowest skill ceiling yes, but the question was also about the strongest. Like "how can I start having fun as killer without investing 500 hours" (roughly translated :P )

yes, but that is exactly one thing that you need to learn to master him and become very deadly.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

Fair enough, I cannot read.

In that case, I'd suggest Oni or Demogorgon.

Very balanced in what you need to learn.

Demogorgon Shred doesn't take mental gymnastics, flicking with Oni takes a little practice.

It's a good balance between learning and massive returns!

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,603

Of course you agree, I would have expected nothing less! 💕

• Cleverotter
    Cleverotter Member Posts: 128

Twins, if you play them not toxicly and with strategy

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    edited April 2022

Freddy? He has all the kit a Killer needs, but enough information to the survivors to be easily countered by a good team. It's a good way to practice playing Killer through trial and error and then reflect those skills onto other Killers with less of a kit.

Or you could just practice Nurse, Spirit, and Blight from the get go and stomp every survivor team you face and then question why the only Killers you can play confidently are the three meta. The learning curve is steep, but worth it.

By the end you won't get easy matches to learn Killer. A lot of losing, a lot of trial and error, and a lot of pondering if they escaped because you got hit by 1 ds or if you actually played poorly.

• Mr_K

That would be a low skill floor. Easy to pick up without much practice.

• Zachcjjj

thats a low skill ceiling to there wasnt anything special about a good spirit except that they had good headphones yet she was still the second best killer

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

I would say Spirit imo. She takes a good amount of skill but her power isn't super complex as much as like nurse, billy, and blight; and once you have an ok understanding of her power (or good headphones) she is fairly straight forward to play and also do good with

• Mr_K

The skill ceiling is the peak a killer can be played. Because a killer can be played well with little effort doesn't take away the ability to play them at a higher skill level.

• Zachcjjj

yes i understand the difference between a skill ceiling and a skill floor it literally doesn't change the fact that old spirit skill ceiling was tiny and she still was the 2nd strongest killer in the game

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,893

Bubba.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Bubba.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Yeah, that makes sense. Then we really share opinions on the matter. I've brought this up before and I'll bring it up again. I think Blight should be a 4.4 m/s killer.

• Mr_K

If this is about Spirit as a killer, I don't have an opinion. My original statement only mentioned Nurse, Blight, and Trapper.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Agree to disagree then! Even if you somehow only manage to get M1 hits with Blight, you still have his insane mobility + pallet breaking power. The question was strongest killer with lowest skill ceiling. And I honestly don’t think there’s too much to learn about being able to bounce around five to seven times for map mobility, and mobility + lethality in chase.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,472

nurse doesn't actually require that much to do well, you need ~1-2 hours spent and you can do well just not compete against great or better survivors which at most only takes a few more hours

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Wraith perhaps. Especially with the corded bell add on. Simple to play and effective.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Blight is by far the strongest killer with a massively low skill ceiling.

• MrsJukes
    MrsJukes Member Posts: 17

I think what you're asking is the strongest killer with the lowest skill FLOOR. The skill ceiling would be how much skill you CAN possibly put into the character, while the skill floor would be the least amount of skill you NEED to put into the character to achieve results.

That being said, Bubba has quite a low skill floor, but the skill ceiling for him is actually quite high seeing the curves you can do around loops as long as you can cut the corners without bumping and triggering a tantrum.

To answer your question about the strongest killer with lowest skill ceiling, I'd say Demogorgon. Although not the strongest killer by any means, there is also only so much you can do with his power. As soon as you learn to use his lunge, that's basically about it. It doesn't take too much game sense to use his portals and not that much mechanical skill to use his lunge effectively.

Now which killer would be the strongest with the lowest skill floor I would actually mention clown. Even though I used Bubba for my example before of having a low skill floor, I think Clown requires much less effort and forwards thinking than Bubba, as long as you aren't flat out on the open. Just throw the tonic at a loop and that gets things done, with very little skill put into it.