Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

About the Prestige update

Nico_0
Nico_0 Member Posts: 115

Question 1:

Is the prestige update coming the same day as the anniversary update?

I saw a video saying that you should wait to prestige until the cake event, to get more cakes through levels 1-50. Meaning I could hold my P2, and wait to P3 during the update. This no longer would be viable.

Question 2:

Will there be any rewards for P1? Or only for P3?

Say I have a lot of non prestiges with all the perks or half the perks. And I want the P1 cosmetic after spending all the consumables.

If there's a reward for P1 maybe you would want to prestige beforehand.

If there is not, maybe you want to keep non prestiged, to keep the perks and the "prestige conversion"

Answers

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
  • Nico_0

That's the question, what later means?

Anniversaries are in summer

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,908

We do not have any "set in stone" date to share right now I'm afraid. It's why we've said "tentatively later this summer"

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

They couldn’t commit to a specific date so i guess it’s either one of the next two midchapter updates or the next chapter, which are all kinda in the summer?

as to prestige rewards, we don’t know. Mandy has confirmed in some threads that it won’t be a cosmetic or charm iirc. But anything else they will talk about later on.

• Nico_0
    edited May 2022

Alright then, but it won't be there for this anniversary update, right?

It can't be, or it would already be in the PTB i guess

Question 3:

If the rewards are not cosmetic, are even tied to a specific character? The one you grinded for.

Or are we getting just bloodpoints?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Pretty sure Mandy confirmed in another thread it’s really later this summer and definitely not the anniversary chapter!

Q3:

we really only know the rewards will not be cosmetics or charms, nothing else has been revealed (I think bloodpoints are unlikely though)

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,908

Whilst we appreciate players who are invested in prestiging their characters and all that entails, we're just as appreciative of the players who've maxed out their characters with perks and haven't prestiged - hence the "catch up prestige" system that was discussed.

The distinct reward will go to players who have P3'd their characters but I really wouldn't expect actual currency for this.

• mischiefmanaged
    mischiefmanaged Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 374
    edited May 2022

@Madjura@MandyTalk is there any idea on what the distinct reward is?

The reason is I'm having trouble figuring out the order of how I should spend bloodpoints to unlock stuff.

I'm in the middle of leveling up my characters. I switched from Switch to PC so I had to unlock everything again, but I had already played and had a plan to unlock stuff to minimize the number of bloodpoints I'd have to spend. I unlocked all of the teachable perks on killers for which I plan on using and skipped perks that I didn't want to show up in the bloodweb. During that time, I found 4-5 killers that I have fun playing. My first step was to unlock tier 3 perks on them which involved completing the level 50 bloodweb a lot. On those killers that I like, I have at least 4 perks at max level to get a build that I normally play with. I didn't prestige because, under the old system, it was better not to prestige to unlock stuff. I did this because the old system incentivized this method of leveling up.

Now I'm in the process of finishing to unlock perks on those killers as I haven't unlocked them all. I also want to level up the killers that I haven't put as many bloodpoints in.

With the upcoming change, I don't know what I should do. I'm not going to be able to unlock all of the perks on all killers before the update happens. The new system will change so that I'll need to level up to prestige 3 to unlock tier 3 on everyone so there's an advantage to doing it ahead of time. Many of my killers are not level 50 and prestiging them to tier 3 wouldn't be very costly. Prestiging the characters I play more frequently would be though because I would lose all of my add-ons. But, if the distinct reward is something nice, then I want that distinct reward for the killers I actually play! If I can only get bloodpoints to prestige a limited number of times, I don't really want to do it on killers/survivors that I don't even plan to play as.

That's my problem. We're getting really nice events like the bloodhunt and the anniversary where we get a lot of bloodpoints now. I don't know if I should prestige my favorite characters now to get the distinct reward or if the reward is something very minor and I'd be better off pumping bloodpoints into lower level characters.

As an example, I play Nurse a lot. She's one of my favorite characters to play so I haven't a lot of add-ons and she's the first one I maxed the bloodweb with. I don't really play Artist or Bubba a lot, but they have perks I use on almost every character. If the distinct reward is character specific, I want to prestige Nurse. If it's not character specific, I might start with Artist or Bubba so their perks are auto-unlocked when the new system comes out.

• KOTheRipper
    KOTheRipper Member Posts: 9

My main question is should I get to prestige 3 or unlock all the perks to get "auto-level'd" to p3? .

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

I'll leave my question here for the sake of saving space, but is this reward also going to be obtainable for licensed killers and survivors?

• Nico_0

So will the rewards be character specific or not?

That decides everything, if we should go out now to prestige random characters we don't play, or just keep them with a lot of perks.

And will the reward be visible for every player ingame?

• Funky_lPunk
    Funky_lPunk Member Posts: 47

"The distinct reward will go to players who have P3'd their characters"

You have to get P3, but probably not P3 L50

• Kamikazi
    Kamikazi Member Posts: 144
    edited June 2022

"dis·tinct - /dəˈstiNG(k)t/

adjective: distinct

1.recognizably different in nature from something else of a similar type."

Bet its gonna be 100,000 iri shards per P3, and increases the blood point cap by 1 million EACH Prestige 3.

With a compounding 10% increase in Blood Points earned for each and any Prestige after P3 for all characters in your matches.

These distinct rewards are gonna be lit! I can't wait to spend them ALL!

• WhoIsZachery
    WhoIsZachery Member Posts: 21

Don't think this has been asked. Would like to know if bloody cosmetics will still be unlockable after the prestige rework?

• KOTheRipper
    KOTheRipper Member Posts: 9

They will, they just get moved up. So instead of 1-3, you'll get them at 4-6