The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Legacy should be the minimum!

Since it was announced that the prestige system will be changed, there has been a lot of speculation about what players will get for characters that have already been prestige...

The devs were quick to say "there will be no cosmetics", which brings me to my point: WHY NOT!!!

It is always referred to the fact that the grind "then" was much greater and you give the players something special, which adequately appreciates their effort.

The questionable is now, even if bloodwebs were much more expensive back then and the grind quite high, whether that is at all justifiable against the current players who have prestiged?

Back then you could level a maximum of 9 characters for a few months. 

Now we are talking about players over the years, in thousands of hours, up to 58 characters laboriously brought to p3 50 and higher. Even if in the past the bloodpoints needed to level were more and there were no blood hunts, I'm certainly not the only one who gives here a huge injustice in proportion.

And these longtime players, who apart from the incredible game time and grind, also lost thousands of perks, items, addons and offerings to prestige, now fobbed off with a glitter picture is an absolute outrage!

I think bhvr should go again very thoroughly in itself, whether what they have thought about, these players is just. 

In my opinion, a new edition of legacy cosmetics (perhaps in a different color) is the least that is appropriate ...

Comments

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 599
    edited July 2022

Whilst I respect your opinion on the sparkly icon (personally I think a blood drip effect would have been more fitting, but that's just my opinion) getting to P3 has always been extremely transparent for the last 6 years and people who have gone for P3 for the vast majority of the last 6 years have known that they're doing it for the Prestige cosmetics whilst losing their perks/items in the process. We've all known what that encompassed. The reward for P3-ing before this upcoming midchapter was always transparent that it wasn't a cosmetic skin/charm/etc either.

I understand and empathise that it can be frustrating now seeing people get those same bloody cosmetics without losing their items/add-ons/perks, but likewise, I think ultimately it's a beneficial change for the game overall for prestiges to no longer lose progress. Additionally, people who now want to get those cosmetics now have to get to P6 instead, so they're still investing a large amount of bloodpoints on a character to get the bloody cosmetics*

*Side note, as a Brit, saying 'Bloody cosmetics' always has a double meaning in my head.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

I would have liked to get the anniversary glitter effects for those characters. Its was obviously aplicable to licenced too, so why not give this to players? Or at least a shop-ticket for one outfit (excluding legendary) for each character. But instead we got something noone else can see that even looks really out of place. But at least we can turn it off.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 435

Don’t get me wrong, but things from the shop we could simply buy, there is nothing nearly a reward.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611

As much as like cosmetics, I'd rather the reward not be one because it usually means the licenced characters don't get anything, and I'm sure many people such as myself prestige licenced characters in priority bc they don't have many cosmetics (if any) and they can't be bought with iri shards. For eg if the reward was legacy it'd mean I would get a reward only for a third of the characters I've prestiged, so I'm not mad at all about the reward being portraits tbh.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

I like the portraits but they could probably make them look better

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,432

Man, they should have just removed losing perks, addons and offerings in an update when the prestige reworks were announced.

• Devilishly_Rowdy
    Devilishly_Rowdy Member Posts: 440

Nah, best we get is a portrait which looks like Plague puked on it.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Does anyone see your status or only you in the character menu?

• M4dBoOmr
    M4dBoOmr Member Posts: 598
    edited July 2022

Just put a red circle or a bloody overlay onto the new Prestige Icons and a lot of people would be OK with it.

when you think where prestige in gaming is coming from, it absolutely makes no sense to only show it to the player himself. That makes no sense regarding the basic idea of prestige...

• ich_häng_mal_rum

Sure, so give player who p3 before, all their lost stuff back… round abbot 300.000.000 bp 🤔

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

That's silly; usually, these things are to distinguish players and for everyone to see. I thought our in-game portraits also sparkled for everyone to see.

• ich_häng_mal_rum

The gameplay changes in another discussion please. I hope the announced chapter never go live 🫣

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,917
  • LiaLight
    LiaLight Member Posts: 75

First of all, I don't agree that the reward should be a legacy skin, since it was pretty clear from the start that that was out of the question.

I am just very disappointed with the design of the portraits themselves, which seems very lackluster and out of place. I don't agree that the "turn off" feature is an admission that they know that they don't look good, there are plenty of people who wouldn't be happy having the effect only on some portraits but not all (myself not included but I know a lot of people like it), so I think it's nice they can be turned off - even if they looked amazing. Still, I hope they will see the feedback and at least change the design.

The explanation regarding licensed characters makes sense for outfits but would not apply to post-game screen icons for example, which I have seen as a better suggestion that would actual account for the "bragging rights" without being too crazy.

• ich_häng_mal_rum

I think to make the change without anything would be the bigger mistake. Now they can have an open discussion with the community (a part of this forum)

• ich_häng_mal_rum

I like the idea of the post-game icons too. They can easily use the actual PIII-icons, maybe with a little tuning.

The discussion about legacy cosmetics I opened, cause in my opinion they couldn’t argue about the grind, how I mentioned. And just because they say something is no reason that make a lot of sense to me. We are all player but customers too, so we can expect from a company an open customer friendly solution.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

As much as I don't like the legacy portraits we will get, no one forced us to prestige to start with. I've done it because I wanted to. Am I disappointed by the reward? Yes. Should we get the same legacy cosmetic as the ones before us got? I don't know. I don't think so. I don't have any, so I'm not like: "I don't care because I have them". I started to play in 2020, so I was a bit late to get them.

Having legacy now, it'll mean I can get it for Claudette, Jake, etc., and the grind from now wasn't the same as before. It won't be unique for the ones who have the legacy.

I'd be fine with a fancy overlay on the end game screen to be honest. Just to show my dedication to the game, to some characters, etc. I dislike the fact the legacy portraits are personal, but well, I didn't prestige for a reward in the first place...

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

Imma just say it.

They should not have made the p3 reward.

Especially when it turned out like that.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

i honestly do not see why someone would want Legacy outfits for any other reason other then bragging rights

they're just the default cosmetics with a bright orange glow on them, which is essentially a giant neon sign that reads "I cannot hide, please hunt me down"

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277
    edited July 2022

there a point to p4 or p9 I heard you can go over the p3 there point to it?

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

pretty much this I don't even want them but this reward we are getting sucks.....

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

We are weeks away from the update going live. Its too late for them to do anything different. It will just upset those that didn't like the current reward enough to grind P3 during the event.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451
    edited July 2022

None.

• Atacus7
    Atacus7 Member Posts: 29

No one is trying to take away from the challenge of the original gamers who toiled away and were rewarded with the original legacy skins of the past. According to BHVR, the new prestige system reduces the grind by 75%! So nor should anyone use the past to take away from the efforts of gamers who put in their time, love, and devotion to P3 their characters with the current system. Everyone on here who says we shouldn't have them has self-imposed reasons we can't have them: we can't have them because then everyone would have them, or what about licensed characters, or what about, what about, and what about... Thanks for your astute insight. Literally the only reason they're not being offered is because BHVR doesn't want to do them. That's it. But it's not like they even have to be super complicated. I'd be happy if they simply took the current bloody P3 cosmetic and made it glowy and shiny. Easy and something I can bring into a match to show off.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732

I would rather be awarded a carton of DBD cigarettes.

• Virghoul
    Virghoul Member Posts: 64

One simple solution would be to disable the P3 cosmetics after the new system goes into effect. This way you don't need to design anything new and people have something they can "show off" in game.

• Naoz
    Naoz Member Posts: 13

This is a terrible idea, because if you do that you still would need to design new costimetics to the new prestige 9 (i think it's 9 where you get the bloody comestics again), so they would still need to design new cosmetics.

A better thing that an ugly portrait would be at least 2k Iri per P3, it's better than nothing and the players could buy something in the store to show in-game at least (I don't think it's a good solution but it's better than nothing, right?)

• Virghoul
    Virghoul Member Posts: 64

The whole point is it is something in the game that is already unique to people who have P3 their characters. Who said anything about a new cosmetic for P9 or whatever.

• spodamayn
    spodamayn Member Posts: 220

I mean.. even Deathgarden players got rewarded more than this.

"Players who purchased the original Deathgarden before today’s Deathgarden: BLOODHARVEST launch will receive two Legacy Cosmetics, a VIP flair, and a transfer of all earned exclusive cosmetics with a bonus currency pack based on their original Deathgarden player level."

They got a similar crappy flair as well, but along with legacy cosmetics and currency