When do we get to see our and general rankings.

It would give you a goal. After you have played the same maps hundreds of times and you ask yourself why you still play this game. To see your rankings and be able to compare with others, while also getting unique skins or... would be a nice quality of life change i feel.

Comments

• rattus210
    rattus210 Member Posts: 51

In that case, are there any plans to rework the grade system to allow for easier rank ups? It's another stressful thing to worry about in what is supposed to be a casual game. Especially considering the grade system is irrelevant when it comes to the player's skill rating.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,246

Just adding my 2 cents, but it's a bit of a pain point when teammates have mismatched playstyles. Especially when the killer has 4 slowdowns and 2 teammates are more casual. I don't queue up for unranked/quickplay in any other game. Don't really have the option here, so I manage. I'm probably in the minority in terms of DbD players, but just throwing it out there.

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359

Yea the actual ranking system with only bloodpoints awards is already sweaty enough and it turns a horror game into league of legends. Being a able to see other people's rankings means people are just going to dodge low stat or worse new players coming to this game.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

But people already put huge emphasis on an invisible number adding it in there wouldn't change much because the people that care are already doing whatever they can to move a number they can't see up.

I would like the option to show it. It could be hidden by default and be reviled in the option menu. I would just like to know my ratings.

• Waldbeere
    Waldbeere Member Posts: 168

I wonder why so many players want to compare there skill in an non competetive game with hundrets of random factors. You can't even replay the exact map tiling, if you want.

The MMR should help to create fair games. It should help you to have more fun. I don't understand why players want to incease there MMR although they already have good matches. And 1 week later they write a post that there opponents are too strong. That's really strange 😳.

The devs should never have said that a MMR exists. Now everyone thinks it's some kind of ranking 😑.

• Plattypus
    Plattypus Member Posts: 25

I think the game was ruined by mmr, we all know that and a lot of ppl left the game back then. To say the game is casual at the moment is just a lie, the game was never as sweaty as it is now. If they redo the matchmaking as it was a year ago im fine with not seeing my rank. But by doing a secret ranking and improving this ranking but never actually tell us the ranking is annoying for me idk. And since they added a ranking this game isnt casual anymore.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited November 2022

I can understand why people want to compare their MMR to that of their opponent or teammate. Because a lot of times it feels as though you did all the work and carried them on your back… you do 2-3 gens, run the killer, all while probably injured.

Meanwhile they just evaded by hiding and intentionally refused to engage with the killer. Healed even though they weren’t even the ones who were holding the killer’s aggro.

So yeah it may not be competitive for them (the casual player) but for whoever is taking the aggro and doing all the work, perhaps there is a big part that is. It has to in order to do what needs to be done.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,960

So we can bring back the elitism? No thx

• Waldbeere

No, that's not exactly true. The game is still casual. The people play it competitiv and that's why they're frustrated, because that doesn't work.

• Cyber_Atlas
    Cyber_Atlas Member Posts: 276
    edited November 2022

Don't show the MMR. It will make distinctions between survivors and make some people not want to play with others. It will also make the game more competitive and the community toxic, than it already is.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

Idk where this idea came from because before mmr was implemented I seen meta builds in the majority of my games on both sides. When they added mmr I seen that same amout of meta builds.

People act like before mmr nobody cared about winning and just brought meme builds and things like that and then mmr came and everyone started running meta stuff.

• Waldbeere

100% correct, but this all requires a skill based matchmaking. And currently there is a win/loss based MMR and the players want to see that score.

In other words:

Mr A: How much MMR do you have? I have 2700.

Mr B: I have 2500. It looks like you escaped more. Or maybe you played more? Hm, or did I play more often, but lose more? Maybe we play at different times? Oh, Do you play SWF?

What I mean is, that the current MMR has no value for a comparision between 2 players. It's only for creating 1:1 win/loss matches.

I assume we will not see a skill based MMR in the near future. But to fix the issues with someone who died and did the whole work and gets punished for that I would say an MMR increase/decrease should be based for everyone on the team final score and not the personal result. BHVR always said that a 2 person escape is a draw.

Example for survivors:

1. escapes >= 3 MMR increase for everyone

2. escapes = draw no changes to MMR

3. escapes <= 1 MMR decrease for everyone

and no personal egoistic MMR score. And I would also distribute BP in this pattern. All teammates get the same base BP based on the team result. Bonuses from offerings count separate, of course. Because this would mean I can loop the killer the wohle match, die at the end and get still the same rewards. I would call this very fair.