The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Add a stamina system. Possibly for a new game mode

Basically. Survivors can only sprint for 20 seconds or so before a stamina bar runs out and they can't sprint or use exhaustion perks or do fast actions. They can still do all other actions like normal including dropping pallets and slow vaulting. Every second not running recharges a second of run time. All exhaustion perks besides adrenaline cost 5 seconds worth of stamina to use with no other cost. Adrenaline fills your stamina to 200% max and heals you 1 state with no speed boost.

To compensate remove scratch marks entirely. All of them.

Might at least make for a cool alternate game mode cuz it would definitely be a HUGE change

Comments

• NuclearBurrito2
    NuclearBurrito2 Member Posts: 262

Came up with the idea when brainstorming for this thread btw: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/310559

The intent is to encourage stealth play by making an extended chase impossible to survive but also making it much easier to lose a killer in the time you have

• NuclearBurrito2

Also being hit would refill your stamina btw

• Oooooof
    Oooooof Member Posts: 109

just no.

• NuclearBurrito2
    Saying no and making sarcastic comments is useless. If you don’t like then say why
  • willcenx
    willcenx Member Posts: 176
    Saying no and making sarcastic comments is useless. If you don’t like then say why
    Let's maybe fix the default gamemode before making a new one and getting another bunch of bugs and complains.
  • FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Stamina system would enjoy cause at rank 1 survivors don't take killers seriously at all. Plus there is alot of lack of dynamic gameplay. This event changes that but not as much as would enjoy.
    I also think they should update there settings cause after looking at game like apex legends settings alot of variety in settings. Plus making game more accessible to broader audiences is always good. Color blind assists among others are always welcome in a game cause provides same experience for others as it does for you.
  • NuclearBurrito2

Yeah. Personally if I was designing this game myself I would have added a stamina system in the first place. The only reason I'm pitching it as an alternate mode is because of how much it would throw of the balance of the game right now due to how much it's been developed this way

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Nope
  • NuclearBurrito2

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    Nope

Why not?

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I wouldn't either bother to try it. Doesn't sound fun at all.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Ooohh...  uuhhmm... ok?... so like... 20 seconds running? And then theyd walk? I mean I don't think there's any harm in throwing it in the ptb
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

So basically, after 20 seconds the survivor gets hit, no matter how good the survivor and the killer are.

That doesn't look like fun to me, neither from survivor's nor from killer's perspective.

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236
    Is that a game mode for elderly or obese people  ;) running for only 20 seconds and then get exhusted ... only  one that Might fit in that category is bill 😂😂😂
  • Aftertaste
    Aftertaste Member Posts: 315

No.

• Aftertaste
    Aftertaste Member Posts: 315

Big NONO

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

To be honest a Killer should also have a Stamina Bar then. Which would be very hard to balance. Otherwise, like said before... Running 20 Seconds and after that you are basically screwed. Either shortly or in the long run, because you need to wait at a Pallet to slow the Killer down and to recover Stamina, which results in Pallets thrown way too early.

Also, regarding rewarding Stealth gameplay: The latest addition (Legion) is the Number 1 tool against stealthy gameplay, because you get seen 100% when you are in the TR. I doubt that more stealth gameplay is wanted.

• MojoTheFabulous

If anyone has played F13 i'm sure it's not hard to imagine how this would play out.

• NuclearBurrito2

Did everyone just ignore the part where I counterbalance the change in a way that actually makes getting out of a chase in the time given plausible for the average player?

• NuclearBurrito2

@MojoTheFabulous said:
    If anyone has played F13 i'm sure it's not hard to imagine how this would play out.

I haven't. How did that play out there?

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    hell no. not everyone likes to break chase and hide. the chase is what's fun for me and if this happens it would be the literal definition of BHVR holding the killer's hand
  • MojoTheFabulous

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:

I haven't. How did that play out there?

In my opinion it ruins the pacing and just looks awkward.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

I'm not sure this could work unless the game was entirely reworked from the ground up. This would essentially mean that you are guaranteed to get a hit every 20-30 seconds. With that in mind, it would become less about who can outplay the other and more of a race against the clock. Your ability in a chase wouldn't be nearly as important as your teammates ability to do generators.

I feel like this would take all skill out of the game. Catching someone as the killer isn't about capitalizing on someone's mistakes or mindgames, it'd just be about walking after someone until they can't sprint anymore. Survivor wouldn't be about trying to outsmart the killer and knowing how to run tiles, it would just be about doing generators as fast as possible before the killer has time to down everyone.

The only way I can see this working is if killers also had the same mechanic, though this would not work as-is because killers have a wide variety of powers that would circumvent that (blinking as the nurse, chainsaw sprinting as the hillbilly, etc.). If the killer has more stamina, the system would be negligible as killer. If the killers have the same amount of stamina, there would be a very real chance that the killer runs out of stamina first and can't possibly catch up.

I'm also not sure how much of an effect removing scratch marks would have. So long as you can keep track of that survivor for the first ~20 seconds, you can hit them and cause them to bleed. The blood trail would be very easy to follow. At this point they will also been groaning in pain so unless they are running Iron Will, it's going to be impossible for them to lose you. It would also be hard to lose a killer when they know you're going to try to hide after ~20 seconds in a chase.

The short version, I think this would basically just be free downs for the killer. I feel like this would take a lot of skill out of the game and just turn it into a race against the clock. You're more or less just getting a super bloodlust every 20 seconds, whether you break pallets or not.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

There's no point in adding another gamemode when the current one is not as good as it can be. Maybe save the idea until the community is satisfied with the balancing.

• NuclearBurrito2

@Peanits said:
    I'm not sure this could work unless the game was entirely reworked from the ground up. This would essentially mean that you are guaranteed to get a hit every 20-30 seconds. With that in mind, it would become less about who can outplay the other and more of a race against the clock. Your ability in a chase wouldn't be nearly as important as your teammates ability to do generators.

I feel like this would take all skill out of the game. Catching someone as the killer isn't about capitalizing on someone's mistakes or mindgames, it'd just be about walking after someone until they can't sprint anymore. Survivor wouldn't be about trying to outsmart the killer and knowing how to run tiles, it would just be about doing generators as fast as possible before the killer has time to down everyone.

The only way I can see this working is if killers also had the same mechanic, though this would not work as-is because killers have a wide variety of powers that would circumvent that (blinking as the nurse, chainsaw sprinting as the hillbilly, etc.). If the killer has more stamina, the system would be negligible as killer. If the killers have the same amount of stamina, there would be a very real chance that the killer runs out of stamina first and can't possibly catch up.

I'm also not sure how much of an effect removing scratch marks would have. So long as you can keep track of that survivor for the first ~20 seconds, you can hit them and cause them to bleed. The blood trail would be very easy to follow. At this point they will also been groaning in pain so unless they are running Iron Will, it's going to be impossible for them to lose you. It would also be hard to lose a killer when they know you're going to try to hide after ~20 seconds in a chase.

The short version, I think this would basically just be free downs for the killer. I feel like this would take a lot of skill out of the game and just turn it into a race against the clock. You're more or less just getting a super bloodlust every 20 seconds, whether you break pallets or not.

The fact that this would require a full rebalencing of the game is something I acknowledge. Hence why I am pitching this as a separate gamemode instead of as a change to the current one, too different to work with the current one.

• TheRealDweard
    TheRealDweard Member Posts: 148

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

@Peanits said:

The fact that this would require a full rebalencing of the game is something I acknowledge. Hence why I am pitching this as a separate gamemode instead of as a change to the current one, too different to work with the current one.

Why would survivors want to play such a gamemode? Also balancing this gamemode would probably be a huge waste of time. I would rather see the devs do something else with their resources.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited February 2019

Nothing would ruin my immersion more than having my character stopping to take a break while a murderous psycopath is chasing him.

• AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

What if when the stamina bar ran out, instead of walking, you ran at like 85-90% speed?

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

@Peanits said:

I get ya'. But then we also have to consider if that would be worth the time it would take to do. Would enough people want to play that? Would there be enough players to support to game modes simultaneously? Most importantly, would it be worth the time to make such a radically different game mode? Doing so would take a lot of work from a bunch of different departments. There would need to be new animations for tired survivors, many killers would need their powers reworked, maps would need to be balanced to compensate for the slower speeds and shorter chases, etc. You would also need to continually support both modes and make sure both are as balanced as possible, which would either require doubling the team or being spread thing, slowing the release of new content and balance changes.

As a separate mode, yes, it could work. But it would be a tremendous undertaking for something that not everyone will like and would slow down production of the rest of the game. That's not too say it's impossible, but the big question is whether it's worth the time, or whether it would be better off balancing things in some other way.
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Yes, let's make this game more boring

• Magnus13
    Magnus13 Member Posts: 74

I actually believe this could work. It would have to be done in another game mode, yes, but maybe we could have it as an Outlast Gamemode, where survivors have to stay alive for 300 seconds, but they get crows if they remain motionless or stay in a locker outside of the terror radius for 20 seconds. Make the stamina 30 seconds, remove the generators, remove the hatch. The killer can Mori survivors from the start. Every time a Mori is completed, 30 seconds are added to the clock.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Nurse would be limited to 1 blink and shorter range, Billy could chainsaw Sprint for 5 seconds then be fatigued etc.

This would basically make it a killer farming simulator since you'd just wait for them to peter out add in the aforementioned killers or even Clown/Hag gg.

• NuclearBurrito2

@powerbats said:
    Nurse would be limited to 1 blink and shorter range, Billy could chainsaw Sprint for 5 seconds then be fatigued etc.

This would basically make it a killer farming simulator since you'd just wait for them to peter out add in the aforementioned killers or even Clown/Hag gg.

I literally removed one of the primary methods of tracking someone in a chase. Assuming you aren't in the open it is completely reasonable to get back into hiding before you run out of stamina assuming you aren't going out of your way to loop them. 20-30 or whatever seconds is longer than you think in a normal chase.

TLDR: If the Killer is at a big enough range that it would normally take more than 20ish seconds of chasing to catch up then the survivor has plenty of time to get out of sight and around multiple corners

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

@powerbats said:

I literally removed one of the primary methods of tracking someone in a chase. Assuming you aren't in the open it is completely reasonable to get back into hiding before you run out of stamina assuming you aren't going out of your way to loop them. 20-30 or whatever seconds is longer than you think in a normal chase.

TLDR: If the Killer is at a big enough range that it would normally take more than 20ish seconds of chasing to catch up then the survivor has plenty of time to get out of sight and around multiple corners

You've got plenty of maps where you could be stuck in a wide open area and killer still has BL, then you've got Legion, Nurse, Billy, Spirit, Hag, Trapper. Clown. If Huntress sees you she just runs Iri's and chases you till you're exhausted then gets close enough for insta down.

The killers would run tracking perks more often like Bloodhound etc.

• NuclearBurrito2
    powerbats said:

@NuclearBurrito2 said:

@powerbats said:

You've got plenty of maps where you could be stuck in a wide open area and killer still has BL, then you've got Legion, Nurse, Billy, Spirit, Hag, Trapper. Clown. If Huntress sees you she just runs Iri's and chases you till you're exhausted then gets close enough for insta down.

The killers would run tracking perks more often like Bloodhound etc.

If you are being chased by huntress in the open then you are getting downed by her hatchets long before the exhaustion gets to you