Finally! The Update We Were Looking for!

Acesthetiic
Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

It was really satisfying reading all the updates you Devs had for us. Sounding like a huge mid-chapter patch! Huge THANKS as I personally really needed this. The community really needed this. Hopefully the other bugs like Spirit and the Wiggle at the start of the Trial are fixed along with this patch!

Also Freddy Rework news..? 👀

Comments

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

What more do you want? They could have stayed silent and waited to roll out these changes? The community has been asking for more communication and updates. Anything is better than silence. It shows they are listening to us here asking for more communication.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

The End Game Collapse sounds really cool. I'm hoping the Hatch is fixed to where it's not as Survivor sided as it is today.

I also hope that the Spirit bug, Legion mend bug and wiggle bug are fixed and the Doctor's shock stun timing is fixed (I think it was a bug that came either when medium vaults were introduced or when you had to run for two seconds in order for a fast vault to activate, but the stun that comes from Doc's shock hitting you sometimes won't apply until after a Survivor has vaulted, even if you shocked them before they started to vault).

• Acesthetiic

@CaptainCastle It's definitely different than normal. We haven't had A Freddy update in FOREVER. Legion confirmed Rework in mid chapter patch. The less than 5 players confirmed mid chapter patch. When they talk about making progress on the infinite loading screen I believe them. Do you really think they aren't trying to solve that? New end game to help killers in mid chapter. They already have changed the survivor pipping system which was needed. Not saying everything they're doing right now is flawless, but honestly I'm really happy hearing most of this stuff confirmed in the mid chapter patch.

• Acesthetiic

@not_Queen My head... ITS GOING TO EXPLODE OUT OF EXCITEMENT!

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

What is the difference between "it's totally coming guys" and silence?

They confirmed they're doing a full rework vs tweak (not new info), they confirmed legion changes (we'll see) and they've confirmed that dedicated servers are incoming, along with "end game collapse" whatever that means.

The only actual info they gave was the less than 5 players thing which is admittedly cool. Everything else is just more pr spin on stuff we knew already.

• CaptainCastle

We'll see how much actually makes it in. Almost none of this is new info, just a rehash of "it's totally still coming."

I absolutely believe they're working on all of this, them reminding me of that is hardly an update.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@CaptainCastle People were asking for when these promised things will come. There is a huge difference between we are working on stuff and giving actual release date. End game change is being mentioned a lot but we never knew when it would come. Same with the legion, freddy and other issues.

'The upcoming mid-chapter will feature a major update to the end game.'

'The upcoming mid-chapter patch will include an update to The Legion.'

'That being said, we have made a lot of progress with the Freddy Rework in the last couple of months and we will be able to give more details next month'

Freddy's news is still vague but it is confirmed that the midchapter will feature a lot of new things that people were expecting.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@CaptainCastle More like CaptainNegative this news is huge and shows a lot of promise for the near future.

2019 will be big for DbD. Legion update and End game rework in mid chapter is so awesome

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747

I loved this Dev Update.

Quick question @not_Queen is there any update on the perk MoM? are you at least discussing if it needs tweaking? I see a lot of people (myself included) complaining about it.

Thanks!

• CaptainCastle

These are all things that have been said before and didn't come true. If all of these things do make it into the patch I'll happily admit I'm wrong, but I've had this exact conversation with people a few times.

Every time we get hand waves "oh well we never promised freddy would come right after wraith/trapper" "oh well, the rework we planned to release just wasn't fun. No we can't give details." "It's an optimization PASS, not patch".

"Next patch guys, totally" has been said a few times and here we are literally a year later on some of these things.

• Matcuskilgannon
    Matcuskilgannon Member Posts: 38

Agreed.

I'm glad to see some of the major issues being addressed. Especially (if good) the end-game changes & legion update.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531

We've been keeping a close eye on the feedback for it and passing it on to the design team. We definitely see the concerns, but we also don't want to make any hasty decisions. We'll be sure to keep you posted on it if we have something to share.

• Emhyr
    Emhyr Member Posts: 73

We are just waiting for some informations about what they are doing...

I didn't expected a message "hey guys, we are totally working ! - yes... we know that you are working but can you give us something about your progress ?"

that's what we are waiting for.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

They said that they plan on actively giving concrete info on stuff like the Legion changes and the End Game Collapse next week. That is a significant difference.

• CaptainCastle

"We're hoping to have more info next week/soon" might as well be macro'd for not queen are you kidding?

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I'd care more for raw information and details about WHAT they're working on instead of just saying "We're working on stuff".

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Dont thank them for just announcing what they are doing. Wait until you see if and how they did something when it really happens. So far nothin new.

• Acesthetiic

@MegsAreEvil That's why I am thanking them though. I, and many others wanted an update and communication and that's what we got. I'll thank them again when (being optimistic here) it turns out to be great.

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965

missed the dev update when will it be on youtube?

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

@FayeZahara If you're being serious (hard to tell with folks around here), it wasn't a stream. It's a post in the News section of the forums.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/57097/developer-update-april-2019#latest

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

@not_Queen

Thank you! We really needed something like this. Thank you!

• FayeZahara

top page notification wasn't working for me. Didn't know to check news cause so used to knowing that way.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Thanks devs for sharing information on these important issues! Now I am hyped about the End Game Collapse. 😊

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

Thanks so much!!! but please do fast!

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

@LCGaster I didn't do it alone. It was a team effort. I am happy you guys are excited!

• Meme
    Meme Member Posts: 275

@not_Queen You guys are literally the best! I am so excited to hear about the ideas you have for Freddy this upcoming month. Keep up with the great content 😀

• Kilmeran

@FayeZahara No problem. It's just hard to tell who is trolling around these forums and who is serious. Hope the link helped.

• Kilmeran

@Peanits and @not_Queen Good update. Looking forward to hearing more next week, and about Freddy in May.

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114
  • Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited April 2019

Yes

Post edited by Slayer on
  • MystiKasT
    MystiKasT Member Posts: 289
  • wurzelbart
    wurzelbart Member Posts: 63

Awesome!

We'll see how it turns out, but I'm definitely excited and the news made my day. :)

• baron
    baron Member Posts: 142

Legion is getting 'tweaks.' Oh Goody. So much for a legit rework to make him not be annoying.

• Froggard728
    Froggard728 Member Posts: 94

I just read the news, can't wait to see some of the changes coming soon. Exciting times :)

• FayeZahara

Helped immensely cause i didn't know about legion. I knew two things out of 3 they mentioned with freddy. (thanks to not_queen pushing questions farther)

I knew was doing rework since august and knew it was gonna be from a ground up freddy since october. But i hoped it be immersive and got my wish. Now i can stop telling freddy mains they suck for liking him in current state. Cause i was just worried they would keep freddy the same. Hes not a bad killer but give his power to a killer it makes sense with. He isn't cold medicine killer and really was hurt his personality got snuff. I play doctor,hag and plague when imagining im freddy. If he still sucks as iconic killer just hoping they give one of these characters a brown fedora to work with.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Tweaks is all legion needs. If they address the moknwalking and the blade exploits theyll be in a much better place. Considering that's what like 75% of the arguements are (legion is boring/OP because theres no counter play or fun in moonwalking/healing for 5 mins), I feel they dont need to change much. Legion is a decent, unique killer, and I'd hate to lose them because the community cant calm down and see how things work without rioting.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

To be fair, his power does match his movies. He puts people to sleep and they try desperately to keep themselves awake. That's what dream demon is.

• Hex_Flex
    Hex_Flex Member Posts: 132

Still nothing on harsher punishments for D/Cing, hopefully it will be addressed next.

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

Can't wait hype

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

You cannot leak if this endgame collapse is a really huuuge thing right?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

They didn't say they were hoping to have info soon. They said they will reveal info next week. Stop twisting their words.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

I loved every single word in the Developers Update! ** Just a hope... don't make the Endgame Collapse a forced chase with magic auras: stealthy playstyle has its own dignity, which doesn't mean to keep the game hostage, of course.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

Is good as long as they working on something thats important.

• Kilmeran

@Hex_Flex Peanits said, as replies in other threads a week or so ago, that the current system of DCs vs Games Played is pretty much where things stand until after Dedicated Servers.

• BottledWater
    BottledWater Member Posts: 248

The Devs haven't dissapointed us yet, if they said something comes out it will come out if there where delays they told us before hand. So how about you be happy about them actually giving us a proper insight and not doing the wrong things like other dev teams do.

• Kilmeran

@BottledWater Yeah, I don't understand it. Are some folks new to online gaming? Developers mention things coming, sometimes even the dates they expected it, and things get delayed. Happens a lot in pretty much every game I've played over the past 20 years of online gaming.

But then we get players posting like that over and over again, and people wonder why developers stop leaking upcoming features.

It's just as bad with gaming news sites, as a developer for another company mentioned recently. The moment a developer says they would love to have X-feature in the game at some point, there go the articles and videos proclaiming that "X is coming to game Y!"

And the guy isn't wrong.

The whole thing has gotten asinine, and I don't blame developers anymore for keeping quiet on things.

• chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355

This is literally one of the best updates incoming!

Im pretty excited and oh boi, I cant wait to test the new Freddy! I never complained about his current state but def that rework will be handy. Where are my fellow Freddy mains!!