The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Luck in Dead by Daylight?

I remember McLean stating that luck is one of the attributes that doesn't really get any adjusting and they want it to play a bigger role.

I agree. The luck offerings don't mean much. Maybe they could affect gen skill checks? I don't know.

Any update on this? It's been 2-3 months since it was mentioned.

Comments

• megaweenieman
    megaweenieman Member Posts: 323

It increase your chances of kobeing and of finding rarer items in chesticles

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

Luck does affect skill check chances, as a matter of fact, especially on generators.

The worst is when someone plays a salty lips jar and the Killer has Ruin.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

SERIOUSLY? I was under the impression the SOLE purpose of it was to boost what could be found in chests.

DOes it make skillchecks happen more often? How much does it affect the kobe?

• XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204

I hope Luck is of some use in the future instead of kobeing. like maybe chances of larger great skill checks

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504

Luck definitely needs to play a bigger role in this game. IIRC, the offerings don't even do much in the way of Luck (I believe Salty Lips only nets you 4% increased Luck.)

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

Luck offerings became quite useless anyway after Deliverance got into the game.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@JoannaVO Unless you don't run Deliverance and bring luck just "If its needed to maybe kobe"

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Stack enough luck offerings and perks, and self-unhooking is not only likely, but practically a certainty.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

It should affect the position of the skillcheck so that you are less likely to get those 3 o'clock skillchecks.

• ricardo
    ricardo Member Posts: 53

freddy rework was mentioned roughly 1.5 years ago so we have a long way to go

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

chests (if it already doesn't), and ace in the hole is all I can think of

• Caesar
    Caesar Member Posts: 11

Do luck offerings increase or decrease the amount of skill checks?

• Tenebro
    Tenebro Member Posts: 89

I would not consider new players too much, because after a couple of hours you learn how to do skillchecks, and until you reach rank 15, there will not be too much luck offerings ... and even if, it's a good way to learn.

For Ruin and Lullaby? This is luck, so what's the meaning of being lucky while those totem are still up? Just do the reverse: while one of those totems are still up, you get slightly less skillchecks, otherwise slightly more.

And anyway, I agree with what JoannaVO wrote, it's a good idea too :)

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

Y'all need to read....@JawsIsTheNextKiller already said this so it was their idea....

• Tenebro
    Tenebro Member Posts: 89

The Hag is always hard to spot 😅 ... put a picture of Doctor, everybody will read your posts 😋

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I think luck offerings should affect skill check triggers slightly. Right now I think it's 1/9 chance every second for a skill check.

So if the killer plays certain ones, it would increase many things, including skill checks. He would need a couple versions in the web. LIke one would make them 1/8 and another would make it 1/7 chance. Each second of course.

The survivor luck offerings would affect other things, but since we're talking skill checks only, it would just help it. Get rid of the brown and yellow ones. Keep the green and purple. They would help them to 1/10 and 1/11 chances each. Just a slight thing.

This is just a rough idea. McLean stated luck was something they wanted to add in more. This would be a cool start. Luck offerings wouldn't affect hex ruin. And it wouldn't affect any hexes like Huntress' Lullaby. Just normal skill checks.

And I'm talking just generator skill checks. Unnerving Presence wouldn't stack with this, as it would override this.

• Navydivea
    Navydivea Member Posts: 114

Who gives a crap about Autodidact. They gutted it before it even hit live.

As far as skill checks go it would be less. Yes it hurts those who can hit great checks but it trades that out for consistency.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Luck should definitely play a bigger role in this game.

• Dreadnight
    Dreadnight Member Posts: 125

Luck could reduce the hitboxes making it easier to avoid an unfortunate hit.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

luck should absolutely not play a bigger role in the game chaos is a terrible balancing factor, i get the 2 things it affects now and at most things in chests (although perks that do that already exist)

it ever affecting skill check frequency would be poopy no matter which way you spin it, some players just aren't good at skill checks no matter how much they want to be and some people are just amazing at them no matter how many occur

if less skill checks is good then ruin, lullaby, unnerving presence, this is not happening, stake out, and autodidact will get nullified by offerings

if more skill checks is good then someone who is great at skill checks could drop a luck offering and solo gens in half the time and also crap on his less skill check savvy team mates

• Dreadnight
    Dreadnight Member Posts: 125
    edited May 2019

Here I leave another suggestion focused on skill checks.

• Every triggered skill check have an 8% to be a Lucky Skill check.
    • Lucky skill checks have not penalty for fail.
    • Lucky skill checks are hard to success
    • Successed Lucky skill checks have more progression than Greater skill checks
    • Hex dont apply on Lucky skill checks
    • Luck increase the probability to trigger Lucky skill checks