The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Idea for controller feature for deaf

I have a friend whos boyfriend really wants to play the game. The only thing is he can't hear.

I thought it would be neat if they added a heart beat within the controller for when the killer is close or not, like along with what the sound would be.

It would become more intense as the killer got closer so that they would know.

Let me know what you guys think.

Comments

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606
    edited June 2019

Forgive me if I seem it, but I really am not trying to be rude. But if your friend is deaf, how will he hear the heartbeat from the controller if he can’t hear from the monitor/television?

Edit: Did you mean to have it vibrate?

• IMhereRUN

Well they specifically said “added a heartbeat into the controller”. A heartbeat, by definition is the SOUND a heart makes, nothing was said about vibrations so I’m trying to clarify. No, I’m not a rocket scientist, but I do understand English dumb dumb

• IMhereRUN

lol, don’t have time to play with an 11 year-old. How do you know what they mean? How about you don’t answer things you don’t know the answer too...try that out for a change.

• ShatteredKnees
    ShatteredKnees Member Posts: 2

Sorry pulse, but it goes with the heart beat of the killer when he approaches you.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

Good idea op. Would be great if they could come out with a full kit for those with hearing and vision impairment

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    edited June 2019

Maybe for deaf players who play killer, they could have a visual effect happen on screen to indicate they have started a chase, like a weapon ready animation or the survivor icons shake a little. Maybe notifications could last a little longer. The only problem is that people might use these settings to gain an advantage themselves. They can't make the game easier but should enable information to be made clearer whilst working around impaired hearing.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Logical reasoning upon reading that the person is deaf?

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

Pardon my ignorance... but can deaf people feel sound vibrations in their ears/head?

Can they turn up a headset to max and feel the heartbeat? Just a thought to help out....

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699
    edited June 2019

@Jesya no, as we said before, they feel the vibration. They feel the heartbeat. They feel it through their hands

EDIT: #########, why was this down voted?

Post edited by TheGameZpro3 on
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948

I suggested to bhvr long time ago to add a visual heartbeat on the edge of the screen (pumping red like in shooter games when you are nearly dead). Ofc everyone can individually turn it on or off as he prefers.

Imo DbD is probably one of the games ignoring "disabled" people (don't know if that's the correct term) the most. Nothing, absolutely nothing they did for them. Imo it's really really disrespectful of BHVR. Adding some little things like different aura colour wouldn't even take 1 hour of work. But I guess for bhvr 1 hour for disabled people is 1 hour to much. Really sad, I feel sorry for all the colourblind and deaf people in the Community.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Peanits can you shed some light as to why BHVR doesn't support these players?

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

I would assume a lot of the options to help the disabled, could be abused by the non disabled.

Not everything though, but I'm sure that's the general issue.

• MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349

Heartbeat by definition is not just a sound. The controller vibrating to the best is a fantastic idea. I'd love it even with my hearing.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

How would a vibrating controller or different aura color be abused? This really isn’t a good excuse.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

Again, so why can't they FEEL the vibration of the sound in their head.

Have you ever been to a concert? Some principle. Feeling it. It's kind of better than nothing until DBD decides to provide support to dead people.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

I didnt say it was an excuse.

I also said not ALL things would be an issue.

Stop cherry picking my comments for your arguments please.

• GrootDude

I listed the main things that have been suggested. Tell me what ideas would be abused then.

Your comment was not cherry picked, none of the ideas here would be very abused.

• GrootDude

Questions and facts get downvoted a lot for some reason.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

What an awesome idea seriously props man id love to see something like this in the game!

• MathewMii
    MathewMii Member Posts: 62

Any idea that gives this game accessibility is always an idea I will back like this one.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

They need to add vibration to the controller and you couldn’t turn it on or off.

• MoonwalkMyers
    MoonwalkMyers Member Posts: 82

they should do this.