Ghost Face Power Misuse

Anvil
Anvil Member Posts: 39
edited July 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

I really like Ghost Face and playing against him. As I folks play him more and more, I'm seeing what I think is an unintended use of his power that should be addressed.

While Ghost Face is in stealth, he gets a notification when a survivor is in the process of breaking him out of stealth. I'm seeing more and more players use that as a proximity alert to find survivors, essentially granting them a free Whispers perk, though more effective. As a survivor, I'm constantly being found because I'm unintentionally looking too directly at the killer while trying to avoid them, the killer gets a notification, and knows I'm nearby.

I really believe the notification needs to be removed or delayed on the killer's side.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about the notification as I've played Ghost Face only a handful of times and suck at him, but I think that's what's happening.

Comments

• Anvil

You could be right about that, though it's tough to say without the DBD chiming in. @Peanits, is this an intended use of the power? If so, it needs just the slightest nudge so trying to see where the killer is (.5 seconds?) doesn't expose your proximity but trying to break them out of stealth (longer) does.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

The person that breaks you out of stalth gets the Killer Instinct Marking, telling yo where they are doing it is intentional so you can avoid being revealed by hiding your body.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

While we are on the subject of ghostface @Peanits did you get the clip I sent you about the issue with revealing. It was on discord since I don't want to share it.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

Good not sure myself it is intended it is cheeky though @Peanits.

• Anvil

Thanks for the response. This does make a lot of sense to me. What I see happening is that killers aren't trying to hide, they just look for the survivor and don't care if they are broken out of stealth. It seems to be an added bonus for the killer if they maintain stealth or if the survivor never know they are there in the first place.

It seemed odd to me that I could accidentally inform the killer I was nearby when I wasn't trying to break them out of stealth. I do still like @Monto's idea of pointing to break them out of stealth since it can't be performed on the run, involves risk as it forces them to stand up and not move, takes skill to do it accurately, and is an intentional act; gives the killer a bit more safety to maintain their power and is more intentional for the survivor plus it's another use for an emote. I do need to play Ghost Face more to have a better idea about both sides. Thanks again.

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

GF is already bad enough and his power is already crap, let him keep this, one small use out of this power and you are potentially wasteing a roughly 30 second CD on your power to find a survivor + the time it would take to stalk them if they don't break you out or else you are just M1 killing that survivor

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

there are other killers out here rampaging on the killing grounds, and your worry is about Ghostface?

• LordDubbington
    LordDubbington Member Posts: 21

NGL its the only use for his power in the state it is in. I can be looked at point blank by survivors and not have it taken away, but there are times where he can be looked at from behind a solid wall on The Game and its gone.

I personally agree if the changed GF to not have a useless power the killer instinct portion should be removed.