The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

You need to get rid of looping

Gardenia
Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

I don't understand why you let this become a thing when it could've been solved when it first emerged 3 years ago, now every killer you release you have to create a power with loops in mind, all you needed to do when this game first came out was put an extra emphasis on stealth, but little by freaking little you all shied away from that by including aura perks for both survs and killers, creating horrid map designs.

Killer is stressful as hell and you keep believing its so fun. When you get to high ranks hell even mid ranks you have survs which all they do is loop, not only that it's especially infuriating because you're screwed up matchmaking is giving my ranks wayyy higher than it should be. I can't even play the killers I really want to or else I'll just get looped and genrushed to Oblivion.

Why didnt you handle this epidemic when it first started, why did you let this become the future of your game?

Comments

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600

Can't argue over that. Too true to be denied. Feels like some stuff isn't even properly tested. There are totems spawning in places where survivors cannot interact with them on new Badham variants, for instance. And we still don't have dedicated servers yet. I mean, one more month and summer 2019 will be gone, and they said those servers would have been released during this summer, right? And even if it isn't a balance thing, feels like they are going on the cheap side too, when it comes to licensed stuff. We are only getting paragraphs now, either killer OR survivor and no licensed map.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

Agreed looping must go, survivors need to be able to break line of sight and escape the killer.

Running in circles is simply stupid for this type of game

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@SenzuDuck Pallets and Windows would be enough you can't gain distance without them.

Not counting exhaustion perks obviously.

Remove detection killer perks, balance door placement, remove those and it'll be an immersion battle where you don't want to be spotted before the other 3.

Instead of a 4v1 its everyone against eachother the goal isn't escape its be the last alive to reach end game. An endurance/last man standing.

Sounds fun to me tbh.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Stealth is about positioning yourself out of the killer's LoS, it's not about using a skin and hoping to the Entity they don't see you in plain sight.

Anyways, having more vegetation, hiding actions, and LoS blockers will give survivors more options when the killer is nearby. Looping is pretty easy to nerf, just increase the survivors' collision box, or decrease the killer's collision box.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Can you actually think for a second.

How does a pallet work without anything around it? It needs to operate like it does right now, should we just have freestanding pallets? lmao.

Survivors already die most of the time, people are already pushing for more objectives, the survival rate at rank one is like 43% or some ######### and you want even more, ridiculous.

• NMCKE

"The survival rate at rank one is like 43% or some ######### and you want even more, ridiculous."

However, the most frequently used killer, and the most strongest, is the Nurse at rank one, so of course you're going to see a 43% survival rate.

• Gardenia
    edited July 2019

I'm not saying you don't have a point that looping will always be there, but it certainly can be mitigated. Why is the first reaction to do laps around a car rather than go and attempting to hide. There are honestly somethings in this game that are ridiculous.

• DBDbuildsYT

Stop lobbying for a mechanic that ruins the game.

You reduce looping by putting doors in all the major buildings which are a real cause of concern, like ironworks of misery as an example.

Pallets are either unsafe (90%) , like the new badham or super safe (10%) like the ones close to the basement in the game or the shack pallet.

The purpose of a chase becomes to escape, to make it a stressful and dangerous situation, not the Benny Hill show like it is right now

• NMCKE

Yeah, smart thinking Senzu, you shouldn't hide while in a chase, but before a chase even initiates. 😉

• DBDbuildsYT

For reference this is DBD with a funny music, it doesn't look that good does it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBxImCU4VrI

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

They have started to experiment with new tiles that can be found in red forest for example. They are much more fun for both killers and survivors compared to dull loops that can be found in macmillans and autohaven where neither parties have no outplay potential.

• NMCKE

I never said anything of what you put in quotations, and also, why are you getting so hostile? Chillax, and take deep breaths my dude! 🙂

Now, before the killer sees you, try hiding instead of running away because the killer can't hurt you if they cannot find you, that's the power of stealth.

• Gardenia

Excuse me? When and where did I say that? I didn't. So idk where you got that from.

• BBQnDemogorgon

@SenzuDuck Hide and Seek is fun.

The point is to never been in a chase but to hope other survivors are and hope they die fast.

Ever watched vince play scaredette? That but unironically

• Seanzu

The point is to never be in a chase? IF a killer camps and you never enter a chase you depip, but sure chases aren't important at all.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I escaped countless times after being chased and running iron will. You can juke the killer while chased.

• Seanzu
    edited July 2019

" Why is the first reaction to do laps around a car rather than go and attempting to hide."

Is essentially the same as telling people to hide and not let the killer see you.

how do you "go and hide" with a killer in your ass and you're spewing blood and scratchmarks everywhere while moaning your head off?

• Gardenia

There needs to be a balance of both types of play, and that's what I myself an getting at. Currently stealth isn't as viable and that's because of some perks but also because the majority just wants to chase, and that's fine but there need to be other mechanics which would encourage stealth as well. Right now this game is just all about loops

• Gardenia

No it's not, I said that in exaggeration and it was also a question. You're misinterpreting so much and then on top of that you sound real pompous.

• BBQnDemogorgon

We are talking about a hypothetical future. Of course emblems would be changed if this happens.

They're reworking ranks anyway.

• Seanzu

As you're such an expert, I'd love to hear how you encourage more stealth without just saying

"go and hide".

• Gardenia

And then, shouldn't you not want to be found in the first place by the killer?

• Seanzu

Well, I mean - with the tracked leaderboards of 43,000 players I'm in the top 300 of killers that have most kills on survivors, I mean, it's not a high number, but I play a lot more killer and have no issues with loops, lmao.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited July 2019

Get off them and get in a closet or head to a corner and crouch if you hear heartbeat?

If its a stealth killer, nurse or billy RIP hope the other 3 do gens while you're on hook/ they save you.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited July 2019

@SenzuDuck , you say: "Have fun in an empty map with survivors running in straight lines and going down instantly, sounds super exciting.Sorry, but anyone who thinks "removing looping" is good for the game has absolutely no clue."

I disagree: the game gives options (and it should give more) to lose the killer during a chase. Dance With Me + Lithe combo is great (and stylish too!), there are some plays with Quick and Quiet, Urban; and, if you have enough distance, simply stopping running and hiding may be an option. But there's some truth to what @prayer_survivor says, with so many detection perks for killers, it can be tough.

That doesn't change the fact though that Looping. Is. Stupid. Mostly the "survivors are slim, killers are fat" aspect. Just doesn't make sense, and not worthy of a horror(ish) game. Understand, survivors being able to vault faster, drop pallets is fine, it's a good concept: killers are faster, survivors are more agile. But the size difference is horribly annoying.

It's going to stay though. If we want more stealth... we have to find another game. Sorry Gardenia.

• Seanzu

These are already options anyway, you act as if a survivor trying to hide is suddenly not visible from halfway across the map by the killer.

• DBDbuildsYT

This is because people like you lobbied fir looping, the essence is escaping and avoiding chases should be a viable tactic.

And yes with looping gone tracking perks will need to be nerfed

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

or, I could engage in a chase and try to enjoy playing the game. sick advice btw

• Seanzu

"Lobbied for looping" Is there a secret council I'm a part of or something?

Looping will never be gone because the only requirement needed to loop is an object in a map, to remove looping you need to remove EVERYTHING, I've looped killers on a gen before, maybe we should remove them?

• Seanzu
    edited July 2019

Lets hypothesise.

This new anti looping update that's coming, it's to encourage stealth and it removes 80% of loops in the game, however it requires you to run Dance With Me + Lithe because they help stealth, without it you're ######### out of luck and have nothing to do other than go down and sit on a hook until you're saved, SOUNDS AWESOME.

Additionally, with all these object removed, and this push for stealth, what do survivors actually hide behind, you know because all the loops are gone?

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

no that'd be impractical. let killers walk through objects. it's fine because just stealth!! it's that easy!!!!!!

• Gardenia
    edited July 2019

No, again you're misinterpreting things. The essence of being a survivor is not to be found by the killer, so shouldn't you not want to be found by the killer rather than trying to get into a needless chase?

Not attempting to hide or evade increases your chances of being in a chase.

• Seanzu

I try and hide 100% of the time when I hear the killers radius, sometimes you can't tell where a killer is coming from, sometimes they see your bright ass head from across the map, sometimes they hear the grass move.

You can't hide 100% of the time, and when you don't killers are hear complaining saying survivors are forcing chases.

I've never facepalmed so hard on a thread before, this is ridiculous.

• DBDbuildsYT
    edited July 2019

Lol you know your argument is partisan right?

Looping is used in this context as a short for pallet looping and looping semi infinites.

Nobody cares if you loop a gen because its not a guaranteed safe spot like now.

Maybe you shoukd go back and see the start of dbd before looping was discovered. It was never an intended mechanic but survivors lobbied for it and now here we are.

Do you not see how desperate the dev team is to reduce looping without upsetting survivors?

• Gardenia

Why comment if you don't want to discuss something if your opinion is already biased. You're not changing anyone's minds here same as we can't change your mind. Maybe leave if you've nothing else to say?

This discussion has been closed.