Devs, since SWF get to auto regroup.

So can killers be able to see how many SWF are in the lobby to potentially better prep themselves and know who’s solo and who’s on voice coms with their buddies? Like Overwatch and other games have this feature, so it would be cool if DBD has it to.

And no, that excuse saying “killers will doge” isn’t justifiable considering that killers do that anyway, myself and when I play with my friends.

To help aid killers, this is a step in the right direction to combat strong SWF squads. This is to help the killer know things like “is it worth using a totum perk against this 4man?” Etc etc

@Peanits

Comments

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

Simply because not everyone plays swf maybe? Also it’s good to have said information to know if you got beaten by a swf team or by a random solo team? It’s something subtle that can make a difference.

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666

Why would it matter if they where swf or not. You still lost. You didn't lose cause they where swf you lost cause you didn't do something right.

From my understanding once we have dedicated servers all for survivors will load in at the same time like swf does killer lobby dodging alot less likely do to swf

• venom12784

I think after match would be a good idea. I mean you get to see all the perks, items and offerings so it would make sense to show it then

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,084

Killers dont want to prepare, they want to dodge. If there are 4 Items, Killers will dodge and not put Franklins. Because sadly, equipping mediocre Perks only works when Killers say that to Survivors, other way round is not possible.

Anyway, a Feature like this (Auto-Regroup) will not change the gameplay experience of any Killer. It will improve the Gameplay Experience of Survivors, but it will not affect the Killer in any way. If a Killer faced a 2 man SWF yesterday, he will face the same guys when the Auto-Regroup is implemented, only difference will be that those do not need to invite each other before going into a Lobby.

Showing who is SWF after the match would indeed be a good idea. It might help to show people who ALWAYS play vs SWFs that this is not the case. And not talking about the people who simply say that, but there are really people who honestly believe that they just lost vs a 4 man SWF, when in fact it was 4 Solös.

• lostkq
    lostkq Member Posts: 162

Check their profile and search peoples names individually easy peasy

• HeHeBoii

Okay, fair play. So the devs on stream have mentioned a few times that they want to help aid killers who face SWFs squads. Now as of late it’s been swept under the rug. What are plans to help the killer experience against swf who have a massive advantage over the killer? Bloodpoints is a small start but what are the other ideas?

• venom12784

That is way too much effort just to see if they are swf. Just play the game

• Rasinbran
    Rasinbran Member Posts: 240

Seems pointless since I wouldn't be trying less when it's solo. Only difference I'd see it making is if you want to use discordance or not

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

playing killer will be so bad, almost like back in 2016

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272

SWF support is what this game needs...

Just curious how do i change game resolution without changing windows resolution?

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

I would be fine with this, on two conditions. The first condition is that random solos also got to rejoin in the same lobby after a match.

The reasoning being that currently the main issue with solo and especially low-rank solo is that people not only can't share information, but don't know if others are reliable and what their playing habits are. I think this is at least as important as communication is.

The drawback to this is that it completely drops the pretense that the game is designed around one killer against four survivors who may or may not be loyal to each other. The devs have fluffed any attempt at mechanics which get survivors to turn on each other and if they are at all serious about closing the gap between SWF and solos, then this might be an unavoidable step.

Currently in some other games, if you find yourself with others who play well with you, there's the option to keep playing with them for the next match.

The second condition is that the devs expressly commit to ending the double-standards where the game is designed around survivors having fun alone and killers get changed if they don't serve that purpose. Even strong killers have been designed around survivors, whether trying to nudge them towards diverse playstyles(Nurse, Myers) or giving them secondary objectives((Pig, Plague). It means the emblem system has to change because it's just as nakedly partisan as 'the victory cube' was.

This all of course depends on them actually listening to killers, so I might as well be yelling at clouds.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

Playing killer is already less stressful than playing survivor

• ArecBalrin

The low-resilliance survivors demonstrate in regards to stress, expressed by their constant DCs, suggests otherwise.

Killers have to stay a whole match, spinning multiple-plates and knowing that giving it 100% with zero mistakes still means that by default the survivors will win. That's actually stressful.

• Andreyu44

You only dictate the chase against low tier killers.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    edited August 2019

@Peanits how do you not realize it's stressful playing as Killers, you a give so many options to Survivor gameplay but the killer is just a second thought. How come you all don't want to do what OP suggested, is it because you know people will dodge? Hm, is almost like most people don't want to go against a swf team a majority of their matches So you guys' solution is to essentially force killer players to put up with this crap?

C'mon, you all need a new darn philosophy for the gameplay, you all treat killers like crap in this game really. Yes Survivors are needed and they can have their own stuff, but the entire team over where you are continually ignore the unfair advantage a swf can have.

It's freaking frustrating to play killer especially in high rank imo.

So yeah, not everybody wants that "challenge"....how can you say that honestly...

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

It isn’t usually stressful for me, even at high ranks.

• Andreyu44

This.

If you find yourself losing too often...maybe its not the game's fault,man.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    edited August 2019

No, the problem is killer design and viability as well, for people who don't want to play nurse Billy spirit etc. The game is increasingly difficult like putting a handicap on yourself in high ranks, so in high rank play it's stressful because of the killers ability to handle ultra organized Survivors regarding their power.

Why can't they just make swf unable to do ranked match and instead only a casual mode, multiple games have this.

But it's fine. Everything is fine. The devs think things are fine.

I'll take my leave, you all enjoy your day

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,372

I mean, Spirit and Billy aren't all that hard to get good with. Even Nurse isn't as hard as people make her out to be ever since they made it so she could cancel her blinks.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I play LF and Wraith, I still don’t say killer is stressful at high ranks.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Just assume it and go all out every single time.

That way you can't go underprepared.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Which Killers take over your control of your mouse and keyboard and force you to run to certain areas? That's an interesting power, I want to play those Killers.

• ArecBalrin

When was the change made that she could cancel her blinks?

I think you mean she can shorten her blinks, so does not have to go a full-distance on a full-charge. This is unlike with the Huntress, who can charge up a throw but then cancel it without throwing. The Nurse must blink, she must blink for the full-duration and then wait-out the fatigue, having only achieved a shortening that survivors seem to have problems reading.

• HeHeBoii

I mean I understand the concept of being able to play with friends. I do, but something is in need to help killers who face these premates on voice coms calling out every single thing you do. For example “oh bro his totum is by the shack” now that ain’t fair. The solo player would only know that information. So giving survivors all this information is only fair to give the killer in return something to combat swf or make the experience enjoyable or much less frustrating. Tru3talent has many games on his channel where he faces the most organized teams, and the mass difference between swf and solo players are enormous. @Peanits you and the team need to help the killers in their experience against swf teams. They have everything at their advantage. 16 perks, voice coms etc.

Like what ever happened to the concept of “fools greed” where if a survivor breaks a hex, that survivor would lose a perk? Oh wait, that’s too broken and unfair for survivors ://

or what about something simple as making a hex totum spawn after two minutes of the match? Instead of having it broken in 15 secs of the match.

Simple changes can work wonders.

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250
    edited August 2019

I'll start off by saying SwF is w/e for me. Not every group is this super-organised team of Gods that relay everything through NATO command.

That being said, I don't see an issue with this being implemented.

SwF is inherently unfair towards killer and I believe they should be given the choice as to whether they wish to play it or not.

Preparing for the worst constantly is terrible advice. Playing with ebony mori iri-head Huntress or omega-blink Nurse every game is extremely boring for the killer and the solo's alike.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,372

Blink at the floor and it cancels the blink, it was added with the saw chapter when they allowed her to blink through the floor for some reason.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

I love that killers wanting to sometimes dodge SWF groups is a bad thing but balancing the game for swf is a no-no...

There has to be middle ground, not that it matters as most game have at least 2 survivors in a group.

• ArecBalrin

I think to call that a 'cancel' of the blink is really disingenous. The blink happens and can't be stopped from happening, only the distance travelled can be altered after max-charge has been reached. A cancel would be Nurse starting to charge but then stopping, or starts the blink but can cancel it mid-transit. Neither is the case here.

The Saw Chapter(patch 1.5) added yet another vertical map when the devs were way behind on removing dead-zones for blinks from existing ones. They either had to restore her base move-speed to normal or give her better vertical function; they had over-nerfed her map-pressure the first time round when the issue had been her chase-utility.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

Killers cant even judge that there are swf. Even if they would know it would only Show tryharding or dodging regardless of how the swf would play. Why promoting tryharding or cherrypicking aka dodging? Sorry but thats a classical killer complain without any logical gamesense.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

It would matter because SWFs have a clear advantage to non SWFs, which ups the difficulty immensely. Especially in red ranks.