Hear me out, a possible solution for Gen Rush

Ok. So I'm not here to make the argument that gen rush is real or not. But rather to make the survivor skill cap for Gen repairs higher and more enjoyable (maybe). All I know is that nearly all builds have to require ruin or some gen slowdown perk or have to be a high pressure killer or run into a clutz of a team. So maybe this could (hypothetically) help in that regard.

Should just be a bandwidth on the amount of gens being done, example

1 gen being worked on = normal speed

2 gen(s) being worked on = 15 % reduction in repair speed

3 gen(s) being worked on = 30 % reduction in repair speed

4 gen(s) being worked on = 40 % reduction in repair speed

Next one is on repair speed on a single gen stacked with survivors. Speed reduced per survivors repair speed not speed overall on gen. (Example instead of 200% repair speed from 2 people, it would be 160% speed.) Following the chart bellow

2 survivors working on a gen = 20% slowdown on the single gen repair speed

3 - 4 survivors working on a gen = 45% slowdown on single gen repair speed

Now these are just numbers I came up with. And would encourage survivors to work more time effectively. Like 1 in chase 2 doing gens and another survivor doing totems opening chest etc. And if this seems a little hard on survivors in solo ques, maybe built in voice should come with an update. So solos are not left in the dust

Comments

• foochill1
    foochill1 Member Posts: 109

Damn g i kinda like the idea, i dont really see any negatives, and it needs something like this since the game has evolved, but maybe 45% is a little too much

• AWesley91
    AWesley91 Member Posts: 151
    edited August 2019

It would be really interesting if the devs released a pbt where gens took 100 seconds or something like killers are asking for.

I feel like the percentage of survivor players would fall drastically.

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767

Meanwhile, survivors have 100000 rewards for failing. Borrowed time, unbreakable, DS, invulnerability after being unhooked, deadhard, etc... Lol

• Cayde1342
    Cayde1342 Member Posts: 96

Love the idea, I feel it will ad more skill based to the game and help people do more than just generators.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

Have you considered ScottJund idea for extending the game?

Adding 20 s to the gen fixing and 1m to hook time would extend the game with next to no cost for either side.

• Tenebro
    Tenebro Member Posts: 89

I agree with you, except that this tactic (3 survs on 3 separate gens, and one in chase) is so effective that if everybody does this, and everybody knows just a bit of looping, the game is over for the killer, no matter what (even with mori and addons). Maybe only nurse\spirit have some chance to handle that situation.

Usually this setup ends with the first hook and 3 gens done. After this, 1 surv goes for the save or to entertain the killer, and the other 2 finish the remaining gens (and eventually go for the save\teabag the killer).

I understand that this is survs primary objective, and if they are doing so they are doing the right thing (so putting a penalty could be counterintuitive), but the downside is that this is the counter to almost every killer (in particular M1 killers), and that this is very boring both sides.

Obviously, if there are 4 survivors doing 4 separate gens, then there is something wrong with the killer 😋

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

The issue isn't that gens get done too quickly. It's that there's no emphasis on doing anything EXCEPT the gens. If there was more emphasis on totems (a totem counter for example and extra rewards, like restoring item charge), or simply adding new secondary objectives would help with the "genrush" issue.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

People seem to forget that the game must be interesting for survivors too.

• phantasmal
    phantasmal Member Posts: 144

Yeah, gen repair time itself definitely shouldn't be touched and there should be no arbitrary punishment for efficency/reward for no pressure.

The only thing that might be acceptable is adding 1 or 2 extra steps to gen repairs, like having to scavenge for a specific item beforehand.

Or maybe something like this: once a generator has been repaired a randomly selected (preferably always in the furthest possible location) lever has to be flipped to redirect the power. And until it remains unflipped all generator receive a stackable repair malus or something, like skillchecks become tremendously harder cause the system is overloaded. The repaired gen could have a sparkling wire coming out of it that would guide you to the lever and then there could be perks/maps helping you find it and maybe the killer would see the aura. The lever flipping itself should only take a second or two as it's only meant to give a reason to travel across the map. And flipping the lever should give like a good chunk of points of course.

Or something else completely unrelated to gens but following the same line of thought: give an incentive for survivors to run around the map for something important.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

I like those kinda suggestions. Maybe in exchange of having the survivors need to go around collecting items. We can make the gens actually less time. However, still having the game last a decent amount of time.

I also suggested adding a slight buff to dull totems that benefit the killer. This makes totems more essential. However, not the biggest threat. Numbers can always be tweaked.

This could make the struggle phase less hassle and give the survivors more of a life-time in game. Also makes camping possibly less effective while buffing weaker perks.

You could also make it so the killer can go around hitting levers preventing progress on a gen until it is switched again. Whilst kicking the gen causes regression.

Then I think you could massively buff survivors and still have a fair game whilst adding new mechanics.

• Aikanaro
    Aikanaro Member Posts: 310

Because they cant attack the killer, do you want them to be able to attack?

• Aikanaro
    Aikanaro Member Posts: 310

They want a 20 min gen fest to end the game with Noed, Remember Me, Blood Warden.

• RIP_Legion
    RIP_Legion Member Posts: 428

Honestly, I'm still onboard with totems having a slight gen progress speed. For each totem still active add a 2-4% decrease in repair speed, it's not hard to do totems most players I run into just do totems anyways for points, it'd give more of an incentive to do them aside from just farming.

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

You are right, that punishment is way to high, but survivors have so many second chance perks

• UltraBanana
    UltraBanana Member Posts: 100

Well the problem is if the survivors are bad (or the killer is playing someone OP like nurse / spirit) the killer just rolls over everyone and then it feels awful as a solo q survivor so you want all those second chance perks. But if the survivors you run into have thousands of hours and know all the good pallets / windows etc etc and how to run them there isn't too much you can do as an m1 killer and the game is over in 4-5 minutes and then the second chances are way too much.