The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should BHVR give something for the delay, would you?

First, I am NOT saying we are owed anything or they must give us something or I quit. Just looking for your opinion what you would honestly do if you were in charge?

Some options, open to opinions and ideas

1. first rift paid track free, yeah this won’t happen
  2. bonus auric cells, again most likely not this is basically money
  3. Bonus bloodpoints, now this costs them nothing but there are also a lot of players who have no real use so doesn’t help them much

Again, I don’t think they have to give us anything but as a gesture do you think you would if you made the call?

Comments

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 454

It'd be nice to get some BP(like 100-200k or something), but it's really not necessary, I played Godus, I've grown accustomed to delays(and permanent delays... there was so much potential there D; )

• ZahmZaddy
    ZahmZaddy Member Posts: 54

They are, giving us an event with extra blood point earn, archives and rift.

Maybe a few bugs too. hehe....

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I would do nothing other than focus on the bugs I could work on and trust that my community understood my want to not put out a game that is broken in half cause of a patch.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Give more bonus bloodpoints. You always need bloodpoints, even if you maxed every single character.

• Rinthespooki
    Rinthespooki Member Posts: 255

4.5k iri shards as a sorry for the delay would be a good enough for me.

• Happsta
    Happsta Member Posts: 79

i hope that they just extend the blood hunt by two days instead

• Shield_Papa
    Shield_Papa Member Posts: 22

They could offer to let us have 9 cosmetics, 3 full sets, with game time when the event drops. After hearing the event was delayed roughly 18 hours before it was live is disappointing.

• Sziosis
    Sziosis Member Posts: 198

We get content and it's not their fault they experienced a set back. No. We shouldn't get anything. We are already getting an event and a Blood Hunt. I think that is enough.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

Personally just irisdecent will please me or 2x BP because i still need them a bit. I want nothing in return but if they do it's cool. No matter how much Konami is hated they have always gave us compensation for bugs or maintenance.

• Sziosis

Also, we do not have a contract with BEhavior and we can still play the game regardless. They are not required to give us updates, they do because they love making the game better. Why give us something more when we already get a great game?

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

Of course. What I am talking about is just how, on a MORAL level, I would respond to my customers if I promised them something and then “failed” to deliver for whatever reason. We are free to quit the game just as my customers are free to look for another editor, but we won’t because the game is amazing and they won’t because I’m an amazing editor. So just like my writers hope I don’t screw up, here we are, hoping BHVR will keep entertaining us.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited October 2019

Honestly I would rather have them iron out balancing and bug issues then have them waste their time and resources pandering to entitled people.

Whether you like it or not delays happen no it does not mean you need to be compensated you didn't put anything in for you to need compensation

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

We're still getting an event and the upcoming update. I'm glad they delayed everything if they felt like it wasn't ready to go live. Yes, they have frequent delays, but it is never an inconvenience for me. We're not entitled to anything and I'm cool with waiting.

• Sziosis

It would be nice to give us a small bonus if it's not out of their way, but we should not expect anything. Expecting a consolation for a hiccup in their plans is just petty and that makes our morals lower than if we received nothing from them.

• OriginalSin
    OriginalSin Member Posts: 22

I think it had to be a major issue/bugs for it to be delayed. I would prefer to wait a little bit in order for it to be less buggy on our end. They are more than likely just shifting start/end days with however long the delay is, so no worries. Extra time to bank up bp for bloodwebs to get extra tokens to earn stuff faster:)

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

If I were in charge, I'd apologize for the delay, then get to work.

I don't hand out freebies as gestures. I don't cater to entitlement. What's waiting a couple of weeks for a patch or event. It's no big deal.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Strictly speaking it most likely is their fault that they experienced a setback.

But even if it were, that doesn't mean we're entitled to anything.

• jeyers
    jeyers Member Posts: 275

They should refund everyone who purchased the ASH DLC first with this MoM nerfing.

Either in cash or converted to bp.

1 USD = 100.000 bp

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I’m curious who’s fault it is? I still enjoy the game, and look forward to what the company does going forward. But to blindly support them and say, “nothing thy could do,” when you see how long some bugs have gone on is stupid.

They could hire more people or get outside support fixing their coding that causes delays, healing bugs, random DCs, resetting progress, disappearing cosmetics... should I go on

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Shards will please me. Not only that but I feel like you should get something like Bloodpoints for each time you earn a devotion. Like 100.000 each time.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

No they shouldn't because

1. The game is still able to be played we are just having a delayed update
    2. They don't owe us anything if they wanted to they wouldn't need to give us events and other stuff
  • Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

I don't see how giving away a quantity of Blood Points would hurt. Would be a cool gesture.

• LordCyphre
    LordCyphre Member Posts: 195

No. Patience is a virtue.

I'm always for delaying releases of games/updates/events and whatnot instead of having it earlier but it being a broken mess then.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

See? This is the best answer to this i've seen so far.

• johnmwarner

This would be true IF IF IF I had faith that the product they put out next week/month/whenever is going to be bug free.

Are you prepared to be happy waiting an extra two weeks and then still experiencing bugs during the event?

• iBetClaudette
    iBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

They are not required to give anything. I'm not entitled to anything as a player. That's how life works

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

NEVER expect someting from bhvr if it requires extra work for them, you will only get disappointed. just try to deal with it and wait.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

I would, maybe, add a blood rush event 1.5x BP event one weekend as a way of saying 'Sorry'

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited October 2019

I think they are too, for the most part. I never said it was the same thing, but the analogy illustrated the point I meant to - that, while they are under no obligation to do so, it's simply good PR to provide some sort of compensation for a delay or inconvenience, regardless of whether the company was actually at fault for said delay. And regardless of what kind of company it is. If you provide a product or service and you want people to keep engaging with that product or service, it's in your best interests as a business to keep your existing customers happy. That's what community managers exist for, after all.

There's a difference between entitlement and pointing out that something would just generally be a good idea from a customer relations standpoint. And I would say the exact same thing even if I personally didn't stand to gain anything from it.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

No.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611

Imo, as some have said before, it would be excellent PR. However, I doubt there will be any compensation given, especially when considering there was no compensation given to PS4 Players when Clown and the Store were delayed.

• johnmwarner

I love how many people didn’t really even seemingly read the actually question, or choose which part to answer.

I stated they don’t owe us anything, but if it was you would you do something just for good PR after all the bugs, etc of the last couple months

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

an apology, which they've already done so all is well.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited October 2019

It's ultimately up to BHVR if they want to do something like that though, it would be nice if they extended the event because of the delay, or give a x2, or something.

BUT

They really don't have to do that at all. Especially since it was a unforeseen game breaking bug... to me they did the right thing. I just don't think they really should do anything I suggested above because it was out of their hands when this happened...

Of course it would be very nice of them to do it and would satisfy some peoples anger... but they really don't have to do it at all.

In the case of cold food, the driver could've been lagging behind, there could of been traffic and they were late, whatever... It's kind of different if the mistake could've easily been corrected, but it could of also been something that they couldn't really change or fix like traffic or something. Same with an event for a game being delivered on time, if it was something that could've literally destroyed the game than of course they're gonna set the release back... (If it was, idk how bad it was but it was bad enough to delay a entire patch and event)

That's why I feel they don't owe anyone anything personally, since this just was indeed... a unforeseen set of circumstances. I think the apology is enough personally for something they couldn't really control.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited October 2019

Of course it's up to them. I think you're focusing too hard on my analogy - we're actually in agreement here. The point I have been making from the start is that they are under no obligation to give the players anything. They don't owe anyone anything, it wasn't their fault, etcetera. But at the same time, it would be in their best interests to provide some sort of compensation regardless, simply from the perspective of good public relations.

I'll put it another way: it is in BHVR's best interests, the same way it is in UberEats' best interests, to keep their customers happy. Compensation for the fact that they were forced to delay the event is something that, as you say, is nice, but unnecessary. But doing things that are nice but unnecessary is exactly how you keep customers happy.

No one is going to quit the game or do anything drastically damaging if they don't provide any kind of compensation. But a lot of people will be happier, more satisfied, and more likely to be patient and understanding next time something like this happens if they do.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Well yes, of course I agree with that.

In the end though, we have no idea what they'll decide on that topic until the event is released. Maybe we will get something, maybe we won't.

Who knows.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    edited October 2019

Delays happen all the time in ANY industry.

Take the makeup industry, for example.

Not only does the product have to be compliant with the country’s standards (in this case Microsoft and Sony’s guidelines) but also there’s quality control that needs to be handled. There needs to be good working standards (decent patch with good bug fixes) but needs to align with labor standards (which, BHVR doesn’t have crunch time, so it can take longer for update) as the certified members of the FDA make sure this product is safe for human skin (or in this case, review by Microsoft and Sony guidelines and is the final checkpoint for the product that is align with their guidelines and good for play) and THEN it can be shipped out.

Delays can take time and unforeseen circumstances can happen, especially with the power outage they had. I would prefer quality than it being rushed.

The only bad example of delays (in the makeup industry) would be the Jaclyn Hill lipsticks, which were a total flop and didn’t go very well if you do a little research.

Let it also be said people who preorder it and then have delays aren’t compensated by any means. This is a completely normal, and sound business practice that is in compliance with what the consumer wants in the name of quality.

EDIT: Grammar and stuff. Yuck.

Reflecting on Peanits post; I agree. It’s normal to have delays. Think Persona 5- the game wasn’t ready, so it got delayed.

Peanits has stated we’ll have the same amount of time we would’ve gotten if it had started on that date.

• Timtom24
    Timtom24 Member Posts: 230

will the event last longer then .. i mean we lost already 3 days. what i mean with that is will the rift get the days back that the delay cost it?

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

Pretty sure we’ll get the same amount of time we would’ve gotten if it was released on the 22nd.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I mean there's a slight difference not only did you pay for a good but you paid for the services for it to be delivered.

While they're not obligated to give you a refund entitled to something as you paid for wasn't done to satisfaction.

However nobody paid for anything that's coming with this update yet