Spirit Nerf may lead to a negative domino effect

13»

Comments

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    edited November 2019

Yeah, incorrect information in the past (which was corrected) =/= no information is ever relevant again, just leave my OP thing OP.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

luckily the devs said there would be no plans on changing the way Spirit works right now :D

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

Idk, I watch Monto's spirit builds and they seem really anti-fun, she has some bizarre interactions with her perks and powers that are negligible on most killers.

• Zoldyar
    Zoldyar Member Posts: 438

Nurse nerf isn't bad at all if you know how to use her. I can understand why people hate her because she is the most annoying killer to use (minus legion). However, she still function like the same so she Is still top tier if u ask me.

The nerf on spirit can't be that bad. They should just make it so a survivor knows if she is phasing and how close or far she is from the surivior. Don't u think allowing a killer that stand still and doesn't give any feedback when she is or us not using her power is broken? I won't use the word overpowered, but a killer that only needs a good headphone to be good at and doesn't give any feedback during a chase just makes it unfun to play against.

• Zoldyar

Her recharge starts during her fatigue. Also, she still function like she did before. The devs simply stop the nurse from being able to instantly get two blinks back and be able to instantly catch up to a surivior. It allows a surivior more of a fair chance in a chase.

Moreover, don't forget nurse can go through walls, ignore pallets and vaults. So if u ask me her nerf isn't bad at all. The only thing u have to do is land your hits while teleporting. She is still the strongest killer, you guys are just over exaggerating her nerf.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Because this the usual outcry on the forums. It's been nurse/spirit for a while.

I don't see bhvr doing anything to fix the core of the game. Oh wow 1 map a year, wow, by that speed we better grab our seatbelts as we will arrive in balance in like 10 years.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

100% agree weak killers need buffs and that since Nurse and now Spirit are on the chopping block, I agree that it could easily spiral out of control. If Spirit get's nerfed as bad as Nurse, then Freddy will probably be next, then Billy, then the game will be dead since no killer would play the game.

But Spirit in my mind does need addon changes. Prayer beads are obvious, but Activation time and cooldown reduction are problems for me as well, because now any mindgames you learn when fighting a Spirit are somewhat null because the play style is completely different. It never feels satisfying too escape a Spirit, it feels like I won a coin toss.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

She's only top tier if you theoritically never miss your blinks. In reality even good nurses miss, nobody is perfect. I can't tell you how many times I've lost because I was in a situation and because I didn't have 2 blinks right away, the survivor got to another LOS area, then when I finally got a perfect hit they used dead hard. What was the 3 other survivors doing? Doing gens. She's now way too hard to learn with too little reward.

You want Spirit changed so the survivor is the power role again. This is what I love about Spirit, the survivor is "not controlling" the chase. Any slight changes to her and she'll be gone from red ranks too.

• Tekisio
    Tekisio Member Posts: 11

Honestly, I find spirit so easy to face. Spinechill and having a good pair or headphones really help.

• WickedMilk03
    WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624

Agreed. Everytime I make a killer rework concept, I always give them the ability to dominate in red ranks if used right. There should be more diversity. Every killer should be top tier with a learning curve. Then this game would prosper

• Zoldyar

And how many times would a nurse have to miss for her chase time to last longer than a minute? Not only that but for a surivior to do gen in 80 seconds? Why I'm saying this is because logically speaking if u r a good nurse. There should be no reason for you not to win games.

Nurse has the ability to ignore all defences a surivior has. I don't think people are deeping how powerful that is for a killer. If a surivior is not wasting time looping a killer, they will have an estimation of the chase lasting 20 seconds because there is no reason for it not to. The only thing a surivior can do is juke and I can understand u missing 5 times or more. But how many times do u have to miss for a surivior to not only complete all their gens but for most of them to escape? Surely from all those juking, u would understand it and counter it by putting yourself in a position where a surivior can't dodge it.

If you are a good nurse, this is how your games should be like

First off, a surivior cant tell if a spirit is phasing or not if they are within the heart beat which means there is no counter to her because what can a surivior tell from a killer standing still?

Secondly, to be good at spirit you need good headphones, like there really isn't much skill involve with her. To say she takes skill would be a joke because all she does need to win chase is to stand still.

Thirdly, all counters such as iron will is useless if a killer is using stridor. Spine chill won't help because you won't know the direction of where a killer is phasing to or if she is phasing.

Fourthly, by you saying a killer should be the only one controlling the chase isn't the case at all or true. Both sides can control a chase which is how the game originally function rather you like it or not. A surivior can walk up to a killer and bring them towards a loop. A killer can surprise a surivior and direct them to a place where a unsafe pallet is by blocking other route to safe pallets.

Ignore the bottom link.

• Zoldyar

The vidoe I sent was use to how a good nurse user missing and still winning. If the person was to main her you could imagine how games would look like.

• wimlin
    wimlin Member Posts: 30

I find the stupidity of this comment to be hilarious and I've commenting a few times on how many crybaby killers there are on these forums. If its so terribly unbalanced why are killer queues 15 min and survivor quests are 2-3? If they only cater to survivors why was decisive strike nerfed pretty badly and Mettle of Man nerfed to the point of uselessness. DS was strong, but MOM wasn't even that big of a deal especially since it gave them permanent vision of your position until you want down again. I can't think of a single thing they have done recently to buff survivors and nerf killers and there isn't a single example of it in this thread. Only rumours they might nerf spirit. Every killer is dead in the right hands as is ever survivor. Nobody is on the hook to make sure anyone else has fun except for the Devs. IT IS THEIR JOB to try and make the game fun for everyone. A quite difficult task as I'm as guilty as anyone at getting salt about a campy killer. The biggest issue by far facing this game is the imbalance between SWFs and PUGs. They could buff killers up quite a bit if they just gave PUGS the ability to communicate with eachother. It isn't even unreasonable to expect that you could communciate with someone right next to you or across a field even. The point is as long as SWF gets comms and PUGS don't the game will remain horribly unbalanced.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

"Overperforming" and "Doing the rjob well" are two completely different things.

Mixing them up is either out of ignorance or malice. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it was the first option.

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

I’d like it if they defined what ‘overperforming’ meant. Cause people rage quit and suicide on hook against her a lot. I certainly hope those aren’t being taken into consideration.

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

Survivors are the cash cow of the game, and the devs are going to ride them as hard as they can before the ship sinks.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

This is why I play all the non meta killers

I never have to worry about nerfs, honestly I think that's why I haven't even tried Freddy since his re-release

• Her overperforming is convieved as she is too good what i feel the devs meant is they would expect survivors to come up with counterplay but there is none

u cant even call it mindgames because spiritbwins 90% of the time that is not a mindgame a mindgame would be 50/50 where u both have play to outsmart the other

fixes in my opinion make survivors sound omni directional that way spirit and survivor have 50/50 change of it being right play to make

2nd fix make it spirit phases trough survivors im sick of the oh i bumped into u im lucky for a free hit

3rd rework prayer beads my fix survivors wont hear phasing sound still but the downside is footsteps of spirit are louder and once coming out of phase u need to recharge your power fully so u cant spam it

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited November 2019

I'm not the one saying she "does the job well", I'm using the term the devs themselves used. If someone is talking out of ignorance or malice is the OP.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

If they nerf spirit I will be sad since that's one killer I'm good at :(

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

My bad, man!

Although the point still stands to anyone who mixes the two.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

This post makes no sense. Your saying why nerf a killer for doing their job at killing well. Thats like brining in a survivor perk that allows survivors to do gens twice as fast and saying why nerf it iT hELps tHeM eScApe.

Then you said that there aren't enough killers in red ranks. Where as i've found that as of recent, killer que times are too long at all ranks, meaning we need more survivors and less killers

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    edited November 2019

Survivors are ######### boosted enough and that healing nerf with insta heals only scratched the surface

i vote she stays the same, survivors cry they can't walk out every game, the entitle

• esn23
    esn23 Member Posts: 56
    edited November 2019

Please don't nerf Spirit she is great as she is.. I would rather see you guys fix ghostface's stalk.. I pal slammed him and he stalked me from behind the pal i was directly in front of him staring at him and i got exposed.. I have also see ghostface stalk not work too when it should have.. Also with that logic of nerfing a killer because they don't take much sill to play, you might as well nerf the Billy and some others... I don't think they need to be nerfed though..

• LRGamer
    LRGamer Member Posts: 160

Wait! Am I seeing an actual person use their brain to think logically on these forums?!

• Ravean
    Ravean Member Posts: 98

Couldn´t have said it any better

• TheShapeOfEvil
    TheShapeOfEvil Member Posts: 1

So, if she gets nerfed will Freddy take the throne?

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858

Spirit is fine ? lol

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I think it’ll be pretty difficult to butcher Spirit. They really have to do something serious to make Spirit terrible.

I still think Nurse is the best killer despite her “nerfs”.

Hag and Billy are both better than Freddy.

Huntress, Plague, and Demogorgon are all just as viable as Freddy. Freddy isn’t any better than any of them