The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Here's our Daily Reminder that playing Nurse still feels miserable.

Comments

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

the game was not free lol. At least not for those of us that can't rely on daddy's credit card.

And yeah MoM sucks but thats bc of protection hits being garbage not the perk itself being bad lol. You are the type of survivor that gives other survivors a bad name.

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

I could care less what you or any other survivor main thinks of me. You abused nurse for years and come here daily to ######### and whine about NECESSARY changes. Get over it.

• Uxoricide
    Uxoricide Member Posts: 219

@Usui please explain how the base kit nurse abused everyone (without lashing out if possible)

• PickCollins

The addon changes were necessary. Everyone, including everyone on this thread, agrees with that.

But the basekit nerfs were a bridge too far. And if you pulled ur hands away from ur ears and stopped yelling "lalalalalalala" you would understand that. But no, sit there and act like balance needs to be some kind of penance process, I'm sure that will get this game travelling MILES forward

• Usui
    Usui Member Posts: 531

I had no idea you were the ambassador for nurse mains, sorry. SO SORRY.

• Uxoricide

Apology accepted, you would've noticed the same thing if you read this thread, anyhow, how was the base kit abusive?

• PickCollins

At this point I feel like I am. I don't want to be the Aria Rose of Nurse but srsly if people are gonna act like there is some kind of jail time Nurse needs to serve bc BHVR didn't balance her addons correctly, I'm gonna laugh at you.

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453

So where's the SWF nerf, cause clearly they are the same situation as Nurse, as they can break the fundamentals of the game.

Nurse=SWF, yet Devs didn't bother attempting to fix that.

And don't say that "Why should we nerf something, just because we play with friends" or "not every SWF is sweaty and optimal" because we can say the same thing about Nurse (not every nurse is good and she was fun to play, and she required skill)

The funny thing is that SWF requires less amount of skill and time needed to learn in order to be effective compared to Nurse.

So why hasn't the equivalent of Nurse, which is SWF, been nerfed?

• PickCollins

This. I constantly hear the "not every SWF is a 4 man bully squad" and "people just wanna play with their friends" but when you apply the same logic to Nurse (not every Nurse is good. Some people just like her playstyle) all you get hit with is "WAH OP".

I don't even want SWF nerfed. I just want Nurse fixed too.

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453

It's fine to not want SWF nerfed. BUT in this situation, since the Nurse got nerfed, you must nerf the equivalent to balance it out. Unless they decide to revert all the Base kit changes.

• Helevetin_nopee
    Helevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408

"Statistically" Miss me with that bullshit. Nurse IS the strongest killer in the game. No other killer can end chases as fast, regardless of what your "statistics" say. The statistics only tell the AVERAGE. Nurse is known to be one of the hardest killers to play.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I give up.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

@Helevetin_nopee

I just have to make that comment but no you are wrong. Any billy can end a chase faster as he doesn't need to hit twice. Imagine some killers can end chases before they even started as for example trapper :D or iri huntress but hey that is all fun and all.

@Usui

Yeah and the trade off is what? You get to play alot of spirit and such fun stuff like forever freddy. If I have the choice I will always pick to play against prenerf base nurse than any of the other two.

@PickCollins @Uxoricide

I doubt they will listen and it could be worse like legion but you can try if you want to see other testing i can do that too.

• Helevetin_nopee

At red ranks billy just easily becomes a loopable m1 killer, if you think he can end chases faster you definetly dont even play killer.

• Endstille
    edited December 2019

Yes he becomes that against good survivors sure but red rank doesnt mean good does it?

He has the potential to end chases faster whether you like it or not. Just to clear things up i was obviously kidding ofc a nurse can end a chase fast but on average? I doubt since all bad nurses drag it down so you will have to look at the potential of a killer.

• Helevetin_nopee

Thats what I was saying. The average doesnt matter here. Were talking about what she can do.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184
    edited December 2019

Can is very broad in this context. Yes, a Nurse can end chases quickly but you also have to concede that survivors can extend chases for multiple generator even against a good Nurse.

The question not being asked is, how long should chases last? Whenever you are chasing a survivor, three others are potentially working on generators. Every second devoted to a chase is three seconds removed from the survivor objective. Consider that killers have to win up to 24 chases while survivors have 5 gens which can be worked on in parallel. In red ranks, where this discussion is based, gens in a none ruin match can be completed in 3 to 4 minutes. If gens can be completed this fast, why can't chases?

• PickCollins

By that logic you can make the same statement about Leatherface or Billy. "No other killer has an instadown in their kit! Bubba's can even hit multiple survivors!!! OP! NERF! IDC HOW BAD HE IS IN RED RANKS".

If Nurse, the hardest killer in the game ever since she got dropped to 2 blinks and made not 4.6 MS, cannot be used to the same lethal effect in red ranks as she used to with the new addons vs how she was without, then there's a ######### issue. No killer should be taken from that high up and be comparable to CLOWN statistically and be about as unfun to play as, as Spirit was to play against.

Assuming her pickrate never changed, she would have had one of the best killrates at around 72%, now she is the 3rd worst killrate killer in the entire game at red ranks. There is an issue with the killer if red rank killers cannot make her work.

So no, I'm not gonna "miss" you with this. She's not the strongest killer anymore. Suck it up and learn that Nurse =/= OP.

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

We will never have to hear another day of "Nurse OP pls nerf" threads ever again though.

It's the small things.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Yeah, it’s interesting that when survivor only players come to these threads they’re consistently saying “Nurse is still broken OP,” but the threads complaining about her being OP are gone. Something seems...wrong, there somehow...almost as if she’s not broken OP anymore but it’s a good sound bite that got a lot of mileage in the past...

• PickCollins

I always laugh when people say "She's still the best killer in the game"

Like yeah no she's not. I don't even need stats to know that. The sheer fact that posts of "nurse is OP' have dried up is proof enough that she's not the best, and nowhere near it.

• coppersly

Even the people still complaining about her recognize that an entire thread about it would be drastic overkill... but hey that's normal for slight changes right

My favorite line that gets way too much mileage for how weak it is is the "blink spam" posts. That ######### is good.

• coppersly

The year is 2075. Freddy has just received his spam nerf. He can only put 1 person in the dream world every trial, and they can wake up at any time now.

• PickCollins

The year is 2090. Spirit has been given a Nurse style fatigue after her phase walk and the recharge time has been upped to 50 seconds. Survivors can now see where Spirit is while Phasing and Spirit can no longer see scratch marks or hear survivor pain sounds while phasing.

• coppersly

The year is 3030. Huntress has only 1 hatchet that she must throw at the start of the trial. If she misses she is instantly downed, crippled, and loses the match. If she hits someone she is allowed to walk around at 4.2m/s as a reward and can't use her power anymore.

• Soultiller
    Soultiller Member Posts: 40

Bump

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

"Assuming her pickrate never changed, she would have had one of the best killrates at around 72%, now she is the 3rd worst killrate killer in the entire game at red ranks."

This is because that statistic includes all platforms. Nurse on console is very very difficult to play, and you have a 95% chance to be playing a baby Nurse. On Xbox, I can literally count on 1 hand the number of Nurse's that are good enough to maximize her potential, and let me tell you that 99% of survivors do not stand a chance against them. And the 1% that does only does if they are SWF. I'm friends with 3 of them, and I play Nurse myself very well at red ranks (though I don't consider myself on their level).

Fact is she is still the best killer in the game on console, it's just harder to get that good with her. So all the baby Nurse's bring down the average. Devs have said that if you just look at PC her killrate is comparable to Freddy/Spirit even after the update.

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

1 thing to keep in mind is with both charge addons she is nearly the old addon less nurse but not exactly still a chunk worse. Most people dont play no addon nurse now because how much worse it is to have no addons vs charge addons thats something also not addressed by statistics.

Even with addons though it still feels bad just not as bad as without though. She really needs to get her base kit reverted you can even remove all addons if you are affraid of nurse + addons then i wouldnt care i just want the base kit back its much more fun to play.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

I wish BHVR realized this. How are they so good and so bad at making a game at the same time? I still think they are extraterrestrials

• coppersly

I know right. You look at some things like Freddy and go "Wow, they are learning!" and then look at stuff like the Nurse rework and go "Oh no, they have so, so much left to learn" all at the same time.

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

I know thats not what i was trying to say. I was saying that the dev stats dont differentiate between nurses with and without addons. Recharge addons make it look better then it actually is, which is still bad.

I am all for a revert of the basekit nurse needs it.

• coppersly

I was just adding my thoughts onto your post, I knew you were for the base kit changes being reverted. I've given up hope that she'll get fixed before the game dies however.

• Endstille

So today I played quite a good chunk of killer matches (no i didnt put people in the basement). I had the joy of playing nurse on the new map. You know what? I have more fun with any of the other killers even legion is more enjoyable and clown is too.

I believed that changing nurse would lead to more variety in red ranks and overall much healthier gameplay for everyone. Turns out there is even less variety, nothing new is coming for survivors and killers who actually do need help like legion get even more bizarre changes that do nothing.

@thesuicidefox

Correct me if I am wrong but with the stats released prior to the last ones, the horrible bad console nurses were not significant enough in their amount of being played to drag the overall stats for the nurse down, how come this is possible now? Also to me it is simply not fun to play nurse anymore.

Also tell me why there are double standards? How come optimal 4man swf team is fine because most people just do wanna goof around with their friends. Why not treat both the same way? Most nurse are garbage and baby nurses who just wanna do dailies.

• coppersly

Exactly!!!

I made a thread about it too asking if they were going to do ANYTHING about SWF or even have plans to do something. Silence on both of these questions.

At this point SWF has been a problem for so long it might as well be another test of a killer; their patience.

• PickCollins

"This is because that statistic includes all platforms. Nurse on console is very very difficult to play, and you have a 95% chance to be playing a baby Nurse. On Xbox, I can literally count on 1 hand the number of Nurse's that are good enough to maximize her potential, and let me tell you that 99% of survivors do not stand a chance against them"

And I can count on one hand the number of console Nurses that exist. The number of console Nurses in general has always been statistically insignificant. Her killrate was one of the best before the rework, and even before the rework Nurse was a joke of a killer on console because of all the constraints on console that held her back (constraints that PCs do not have).

"Fact is she is still the best killer in the game on console, it's just harder to get that good with her. So all the baby Nurse's bring down the average. Devs have said that if you just look at PC her killrate is comparable to Freddy/Spirit even after the update."

First of all, no they have not said that. Peanits said her killrate is "climbing back up every day" but that does not mean it is comparable to Spirit or Freddy. For all we know, she could have gone from 65 to like 66 and that's what they consider progress or she could have a 90% killrate at this point (I doubt that any killer, even old vanilla hot off the release Nurse despite how broken she was). But the devs did not say her killrate is comparable to Freddy or Spirit.

Second of all, she is not even the best killer in the game on PC anymore, so how is she supposed to be the best on console when she was never really good on console? Spirit took over red ranks after the Nurse rework. Do you think the Spirit nerfs are gonna magically throw Nurse back to the #1 spot? Bc I promise you that Freddy is taking over red ranks if the Spirit nerfs hurt her as badly as some profess them to. Nurse statistically isn't even in the top 5 for killers anymore. Saying she is #1 is asinine.

This is what I have been saying ever since I started playing DBD. Nurse was a perfect example of a healthy killer because she was viable without addons. It was only when her addons came into play that she became a problematic killer. But that wasn't because she didn't need addons in the first place, that was bc her addons had disgustingly overpowered combinations.

Addons should not be mandatory for killers to function, especially when their parallel, items, are not mandatory for survivors to function. BHVR had something good with Nurse basekit and ran it into the ground bc they can't see past their blinders of "survivors are crying and saying they won't play the game anymore if killers get to be strong."

@copperslyI know @CrowFoxy and myself were very adamant against these changes dating back to their arrival on the PTB and If I'm not mistake any posts the two of us made were flat out ignored. The devs only started responding to posts when survivors started whining about instaheals taking a hit.

makes ya wonder who they really care more about. To any dev reading this post, Why did it take only 2 survivors bitching to finally get your guys' attention but pages upon pages of killers against a change isn't worthy of anything?

I'm surprised the devs don't understand the frustration Nurse mains are feeling rn. We got lied to and ignored every step of the way through this rework. At this point I feel like I'm torturing myself by playing Nurse but I'm still playing her. It feels like ######### for the devs to do something like this.

I don't give a ######### if Nurse is the worst killer in the game. I really don't. I've always maintained that if Nurse is fun, I don't care where she is on the tier list. But the fact of the matter is that she isn't fun. And the reason she is bad is also why she isn't fun. Her identity of being a power intensive killer got stripped from her and nothing was granted to her as any kind of compensation. Now she's a messy bedsheet of a killer.

@Weederick @thesuicidefox @Helevetin_nopee If any of you 3 played Nurse for longer than the time it takes to do your dailies with ur lvl 1 prestige 0 Nurse, you'd understand the frustration Nurse mains have. But you don't. That's okay, but stop acting like you know more than you do. Bc those of us that do know what we're talking about are insulted by the lack of an intellectual argument in favor of these changes.

• coppersly

I thought of her as the perfect killer in design as well. The diverse and unique use of her power in all parts of her gameplay, her strength that required a lot of skill, and her counterplay also requiring skill. It all felt like the model for the game to follow :(

I wish those in opposition to fixing new Nurse would at least you intelligent arguments :/ Too many times the "blink spam" and "free wins" arguments with no basis at all are flung in post after post gaining no substance each time.

• Uxoricide

Shouldn't the new rank reset help bring the base kit nurse back as new players won't run into experts as much anymore anyways?

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749

I don't understand why they can't go for a nice middle ground. Freddy sucks and is worthless "ok, we will make him ridiculously strong"

"Legion is op". Boom, he's now worthless. You're welcome"

"Nurse is op". We got you boo!

• thesuicidefox
    edited December 2019

"lvl 1 Nurse for dailies" LOL stop assuming things. You know what happens when you assume things right?

Dude I have an entire account dedicated to playing just Nurse and Huntress. I got to rank 5 JUST playing Nurse this season, and I honestly wasn't even trying for rank I was playing for BP on that account. I don't just play her once a month. I play her quite a lot. She is not weak on console, just really hard to play and requires a lot of practice and dedication to use properly. Again if you could play against any of the red rank Nurse mains you'd see she is definitely not at all weak. They are some of the deadliest killers at red ranks, consistently.

And on both my main and my alt she is level 50 with most perks. I don't prestige my killers unless I like their bloody skins, and for Nurse I play with cosmetics anyway so tell me why it's important she is prestiged?? Has NOTHING to do with skill or time played.

She is still the strongest killer in the game. Period. Just because her kill rate dipped doesn't mean she is bad. More than likely it means a lot of Nurse "mains" that played nothing but omega blink/multi-blink found out how bad they actually were without that super OP stuff. But players that were actually good Nurse players still dominate with her, even on console.

As the devs have said NUMEROUS times at this point... the stats are not everything. Just because her kill rate dropped doesn't mean she's suddenly a bad killer. Her potential to win is still insanely high, how you can ignore this is beyond me honestly. Just the sheer FACT she can teleport at will puts her far and above most killers in the game.

Really the entire fact you think she is weak on console proves how little you know about the situation. She is not weak. She is hard to play. Those players that dedicated the time to playing her are some of the best killers on the platform. The reason she's "a joke" on console is because majority of players don't put in that time to get good with her because she is so hard to play. Therefore, when you encounter a Nurse they are going to be really bad because they barely play her. Same with Huntress. This artificially drops her kill rate.

Get off your high horse please.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
  • thesuicidefox

The stats do not "not mean anything". They mean something, it's just you can't draw all conclusions from stats alone.

More than likely what's happened with her dip in kill rate is that many Nurse "mains" that played only omega blink/extra blink got stomped trying to play the new Nurse because they lost their crutches. It's not cherry picking. It's part of the bigger picture.

I don't disagree that Nurse is unfairly difficult to play on console. But at the same time she's not IMPOSSIBLE to play. With enough practice you can overcome most limitations. I play on 100 sensitivity with Shadowborn and I can turn fast enough to counter most jukes. I can do 180 blinks pretty consistently. It's not impossible, being a rank 1 console Nurse you should know this. But just because she is difficult it doesn't make her weak.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

My point was that people only care about the stats when it’s beneficial to themselves. I didn’t say that console Nurse is weak, just that it is more effort than it is worth and puts you at a disadvantage.